Author Topic: We really should fire Danny Ainge  (Read 17667 times)

Re: We really should fire Danny Ainge
« Reply #105 on: December 07, 2019, 06:18:44 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
If we do not make the Finals this year or next, we need to throw a ton of money at Ujiri if the opportunity presents itself and/or get the next wunderkind of MIT/Harvard/Stanford.

How many combined titles do Ujiri and those wunderkinds have? One?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #106 on: December 07, 2019, 07:25:21 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
If we do not make the Finals this year or next, we need to throw a ton of money at Ujiri if the opportunity presents itself and/or get the next wunderkind of MIT/Harvard/Stanford.

Yeah, he kept that championship team together after winning it too, NOT!

« Reply #107 on: December 07, 2019, 12:15:22 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94

How many combined titles do Ujiri and those wunderkinds have? One?

Special star: He did it with a team in a foreign country.

« Reply #108 on: December 07, 2019, 12:16:48 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94

Yeah, he kept that championship team together after winning it too, NOT!

Raptors have a better winning percentage than Kawhi’s Clippers a quarter of a way into this season.

There’s no denying Ujiri is the best GM today. Take him out of Toronto and he won’t have a hard time maintaining a championship team after building one.

BTW, I’ve heard his contract ends in 2020 or 2021.

Just like how Danny is always looking to trade up, so should we considering Danny’s age, heart problems and lack of a Finals appearance in a decade...let him save face by resigning due to his heart. If it means getting Ujiri after failing to make the Finals in over a decade, it has to be done for the good of the franchise...Ujiri is turning 50 next year and pairing him with Stevens could lead to the next Celtics dynasty...If we do this right, Stevens/Ujiri could make us dominant through the 2020s, 2030s, 2040s and possibly even 2050s given medical advances to come...
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 12:30:11 PM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #109 on: December 08, 2019, 11:51:13 AM »

Offline DooVoo

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 32
My problem with Danny has been his thinking that post players are not important. He traded away #18 in 2011 when he traded Perk for a finesse wing, who turned out to also be a soft competitor. Perk and our interior strength that season was what set us apart from the other perimeter-heavy contenders. Danny over-valued athleticism and underestimated the importance of interior defense and rebounding. He still does.

Never did understand that about Danny, given the teams he played on. I know, i know - the game has changed.
You know the game has changed but then criticize Ainge for not building a team based on the NBA in 1986.  ;D The game today is built around athleticism and the perimeter.

« Reply #110 on: December 08, 2019, 11:54:16 AM »

Offline DooVoo

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 32
I love Danny as much as the next guy and had faith in him during the rebuild. I still like our prospects and think a Finals appearance (or even championship) could occur this year with some good luck.

That said, two appearances in the Finals and one ring in 16 years does not impress me anymore unlike when that last number was 8 years...

That said, we ought to re-sign Stevens to a 5-year extension pronto because there’s no way to upgrade him and, with a better GM, he would coach us to multiple championships.

Danny is a very good GM who is an all-time great trader and decent drafter, but he is below average at managing team chemistry and personnel relations (e.g., IT which possibly cost us AD). If this latest assembly does not change the status of the last piece, he’s going to be shown the door at the end of this season or next. We need at least a Finals appearance, save for if it is a loss to the Lakers, to maintain our supremacy.
You are all over the place like the typical crazy fan. Ainge is not going anywhere even if they don't make the finals. He built a good young team that can be a great young team despite losing what people regraded as a ton of talent.

I don't know if you are a relative of Ujiri but he doesn't walk on water and is no better than Ainge.

« Reply #111 on: December 08, 2019, 12:12:37 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
My problem with Danny has been his thinking that post players are not important. He traded away #18 in 2011 when he traded Perk for a finesse wing, who turned out to also be a soft competitor. Perk and our interior strength that season was what set us apart from the other perimeter-heavy contenders. Danny over-valued athleticism and underestimated the importance of interior defense and rebounding. He still does.

Never did understand that about Danny, given the teams he played on. I know, i know - the game has changed.
You know the game has changed but then criticize Ainge for not building a team based on the NBA in 1986.  ;D The game today is built around athleticism and the perimeter.
To be fair it's only because the NBA had little to no influx of elite big man talent during the late 2000s/early 2010s, I think we'll start seeing more good NBA teams led by elite big men in a few years' time. Big man are starting to adapt, and this has resulted in two way monsters like Embiid, passing wizards like Jokic and offensive juggernauts like Towns. I expect Philly, Denver and even Minny to be very competitive teams in the future as long as their front offices don't crap the bed.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA