Author Topic: Are Lakers hiding Anthony Davis' shoulder injury  (Read 1725 times)

Are Lakers hiding Anthony Davis' shoulder injury
« on: November 12, 2019, 04:30:05 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

Anthony Comments on playing with sore right shoulder at Suns Tuesday: " It feels good right. But we're going in with a mind set that we go through shoot-around, see how it feels throughout the course of the day. Tomorrow shoot before the game and if it feels good then pencil me in."

Anthony Davis says his shoulder has improved a lot from when it was initially injured two weeks ago. Sometimes, however, it stings during certain plays in games. Davis said he would go through shoot-around tomorrow in PHX and “If it feels good, then pencil me in” to play.

A doctor commented on what he saw from davis:

Brian Sutterer, MD
@b_sutterer
At what point is the right shoulder issue going to hit a tipping point for Anthony Davis? The way he acts when it gets tweaked makes me wonder about his labrum first and rotator cuff second

Re: Are Lakers hiding Anthony Davis' shoulder injury
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2019, 07:08:52 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
The Lakers are under pressure.

LeBron's window is closing...the pressure is on to win NOW...they can't do that with AD out for a sustained period of time.

AD's health should come first, though...it's one thing if it is really not serious and will heal on its own. It's another thing if the docs are hiding something.

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2019, 08:21:06 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
It's no secret Anthony Davis is playing with a hurt shoulder

He said it himself

Bill Oram

@billoram

Anthony Davis on his lingering shoulder issue: "There’s really never a play I don’t feel it. But I’m going to go out there and play, I try not to let it affect my game. I just play through it and then worry about taking care of it after the game."

https://sports.yahoo.com/anthony-davis-acknowledges-lingering-shoulder-pain-never-a-play-i-dont-feel-it-161550685.html

Coming from someone who really wanted us to form a Kyrie/AD tandem in Boston, I dare say we may have escaped a bullet. Maybe Davis did us a favor by not wanting to come here, if he's not 100%

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2019, 08:32:31 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I guess what is really the problem? If it is something structural like a labrum or rotator cuff, then he probably needs to get surgery and take some time off. Be ready for the playoffs.

If it's something like a shoulder impingement, then he can absolutely play, but has to manage how he's lifting weights and take pain meds before every game. Those things can take like a year to heal, but they do heal.

All of us are hoping for the foundation to crack in LAL, but I never like to see a major injury be the cause. Total meltdowns are way more fun.

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2019, 08:52:21 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I guess what is really the problem? If it is something structural like a labrum or rotator cuff, then he probably needs to get surgery and take some time off. Be ready for the playoffs.

If it's something like a shoulder impingement, then he can absolutely play, but has to manage how he's lifting weights and take pain meds before every game. Those things can take like a year to heal, but they do heal.

All of us are hoping for the foundation to crack in LAL, but I never like to see a major injury be the cause. Total meltdowns are way more fun.
The problem is that the Lakers might miss the playoffs without AD, they really need him alongside Dwight and McGee to keep their forward rotation strong. Missing AD will mean that the Lakers will have to play LeBron and Green in the forward spots more often, taking away the size advantage the Lakers have over their opponents.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2019, 08:52:49 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
with his impending free agency, Davis needs to get himself checked out and healed thoroughly.  He'd be a fool to think the Lakers would extend him max money after the season if he's hurt without knowing how he'd recover. 

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2019, 08:59:48 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
This, along with the obvious problem of him skipping town, was the biggest source of reluctance to trade for him.  He's not a very durable player and seems to have some chronic issues.

with his impending free agency, Davis needs to get himself checked out and healed thoroughly.  He'd be a fool to think the Lakers would extend him max money after the season if he's hurt without knowing how he'd recover. 

I'm pretty sure he's in that Durant space where he could be guaranteed to miss the entire next season and still get a max offer. Particularly from the Lakers, who despite the ticking clock on LeBron don't really have a Plan B with nearly all their future picks gone.

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2019, 09:00:47 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
They definitely aren't hiding it. I just appears to be a lingering issue that you just have to play through in the NBA unless it gets worse to the point you need to take the time off.

Davis has been more durable the past few years, but he's always been prone to getting dinged with minor injuries that pile up.

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2019, 09:02:56 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I'm pretty sure he's in that Durant space where he could be guaranteed to miss the entire next season and still get a max offer. Particularly from the Lakers, who despite the ticking clock on LeBron don't really have a Plan B with nearly all their future picks gone.
100% He's even more sure to get those offers than Durant was because he's 26.

If he signed a 3 + 1 for max with the C's but was automatically out for the first year I'd cheer without hesitation.