Author Topic: Speculation: Jaylen Rose says Davis will be traded to lakers after the season  (Read 5036 times)

Re: Speculation: Jaylen Rose says Davis will be traded to lakers after the season
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2018, 07:22:43 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
The Pels could get so much more from a team that isn’t the Lakers, lol. What could LA offer?

Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, Zubac

As great as LeBron is he will be 35 next year.  So you would have a 35 Lebron, Davis, and what else can they afford?  It seems like they would have a bunch of minimum paid guys on their team as I don’t know what cap space they would have left.
I just don't want to see LBJ and AD manning the 4 & 5 positions on the same team, especialy on the Lakers.
Basically Magic and Wilt of our times together.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

Re: Speculation: Jaylen Rose says Davis will be traded to lakers after the season
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2018, 08:22:35 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
The Pels could get so much more from a team that isn’t the Lakers, lol. What could LA offer?

As great as LeBron is he will be 35 next year.  So you would have a 35 Lebron, Davis, and what else can they afford?  It seems like they would have a bunch of minimum paid guys on their team as I don’t know what cap space they would have left.

I have to say I'm surprised by LBJ's strategy. He's essentially wasting this year. Great as he is, father time is undefeated. At some point he's coming down to earth - old Uncle Drew only gets buckets in the movies.

« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2018, 08:28:17 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

I agree. There are at least 5 teams with more lucritive assets to tempt the Pels into trading Davis.
I wouldn't be so sure of that.  Ingram, Kuzma, Ball, and Hart is a pretty darn good offer. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2018, 08:34:11 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

And this is a year from now. So depending on how those guys develop that could be a really, really good package.

If I'm the Lakers I offer Pels 5 very young, growing players. Three of which have superstar/all-star potentials, and two other that can eventually become role/depth players. And they were once mentored by LeBron James and company.

That is a very, excellent package and an offer the Pelicans cannot refuse.
Um, three? Kuzma most certainly does not have such lofty potential lol. And with Jrue Holiday in career best form, what sense does it make to bring in two guys (Ball and Ingram) who need the ball in their hands to be successful (or as successful as Ball has been, which is to say not very much so)?

There are still numerous packages out there that outbid this.
Phoenix can throw Booker, Warren, Chandler and either their 1st or that Milwaukee 1st. Booker is the better than any prospect (or player not named LeBron James) on the Lakers roster, and would complement Jrue and Randle very well.
That's just off the top of my head. The Lakers can be easily outbid.

Also, you mention being mentored by LeBron as a good thing. Why? What young player has he helped the development of, either from a skills standpoint or from a maturity standpoint?

The Pels most definitely can refuse that. You don't ship out a top 3 player in the league for a pu pu platter of prospects when he a) isn't expiring and b) hasn't requested a trade
Ingram has more top end potential than Booker.  It certainly doesn't mean Ingram hits that potential, but Ingram has a chance to be a top 3 player in the league.  He has the size and skill to dominate both ends of the floor.  Booker just doesn't have the defensive chops.  There is a reason the Lakers won 15 more games than the Suns and it wasn't just about the Suns tanking (and the Lakers were basically a .500 team with Ingram healthy the last 2 months of his season).  Ingram is a much better prospect than Booker even if Booker is arguably better now. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2018, 09:01:54 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Davis and Harden would be a tuff out .

Hopefully ,  Lebrons next years are wasted away tyring to make all this happen.  Balls,  coaches , disfunctional organization could throwl  a monkey wrench into their efforts .Maybe harder than people think to get their act together or turn over complete control to Bron once again.

Bron not winning a banner this year for sure.  He ll be closer with Kawhi next year .  After that father time starts shaking his finger at him
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 09:07:44 AM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2018, 09:05:17 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

And this is a year from now. So depending on how those guys develop that could be a really, really good package.

If I'm the Lakers I offer Pels 5 very young, growing players. Three of which have superstar/all-star potentials, and two other that can eventually become role/depth players. And they were once mentored by LeBron James and company.

That is a very, excellent package and an offer the Pelicans cannot refuse.
Um, three? Kuzma most certainly does not have such lofty potential lol. And with Jrue Holiday in career best form, what sense does it make to bring in two guys (Ball and Ingram) who need the ball in their hands to be successful (or as successful as Ball has been, which is to say not very much so)?

There are still numerous packages out there that outbid this.
Phoenix can throw Booker, Warren, Chandler and either their 1st or that Milwaukee 1st. Booker is the better than any prospect (or player not named LeBron James) on the Lakers roster, and would complement Jrue and Randle very well.
That's just off the top of my head. The Lakers can be easily outbid.

Also, you mention being mentored by LeBron as a good thing. Why? What young player has he helped the development of, either from a skills standpoint or from a maturity standpoint?

The Pels most definitely can refuse that. You don't ship out a top 3 player in the league for a pu pu platter of prospects when he a) isn't expiring and b) hasn't requested a trade
Ingram has more top end potential than Booker.  It certainly doesn't mean Ingram hits that potential, but Ingram has a chance to be a top 3 player in the league.  He has the size and skill to dominate both ends of the floor.  Booker just doesn't have the defensive chops.  There is a reason the Lakers won 15 more games than the Suns and it wasn't just about the Suns tanking (and the Lakers were basically a .500 team with Ingram healthy the last 2 months of his season).  Ingram is a much better prospect than Booker even if Booker is arguably better now.
I completely reject your opinion that Ingram has the potential to be a top 3 player in the league. He has shown little to indicate that he could. The guys who show this kind of potential at an early age are guys like Davis, LeBron, Durant and the like. I.e. guys who are pretty dominant players by their second year.
Yeah, one of the reasons was Devin Booker getting injured. The Suns only won 5 games without Booker, and he only played 54 games.
There is also nothing arguable about the fact that Booker is a better player now. He's a better scorer, shooter, passer and is a comparable rebounder, despite the size difference. Additionally, he's only 11 months Ingram's senior.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2018, 10:01:48 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
this is what sucks about the NBA. the pelicans pretty much have no say, if they did they would trade 'em and exile him to the worst team possible. 

« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2018, 10:42:01 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
this is what sucks about the NBA. the pelicans pretty much have no say, if they did they would trade 'em and exile him to the worst team possible.

They don’t? Is that why the spurs traded Leonard to the Raptors even though it seemed that every news outlet was convinced that he going to be a Laker?

« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2018, 10:54:13 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

The Pelicans have had a say, but they gave a non-all-star an $150 million dollar contract. Combine that with too many mid-tier contracts for role players, and no good players on rookie contracts, and there is no wiggle room for improvement.

Now, if the Pelicans could somehow get into the Butler sweepstakes, that would be interesting. It would be a swing for the fences, but its better than watching as Davis slowly walks out the door.

Minny Receives: Holliday, Mirotic, Chandler
NOP receive: Butler, Dieng
PHX receives: Teague

Obviously, it hurts the Pelicans to trade fan-favorite Holliday, but Butler is a way better player. They get the best player in the deal, and therefore they win the trade.

Phx gives up Chandler's expiring for a point guard to help run their offense. They need a point guard. This makes sense for them.

For Minny, is there a better trade offer out there? Would you rather have Holliday or Middleton, or Harris, or Richardson, or Hardaway, or Crabbe? I think you could argue Holliday is the best, and on top of that, he is locked up for multiple more years. Minny gets a high-level, two-way guard that immediately helps their defense. They get a frontcourt shooter that can stretch the floor with KAT. They get a defensive-minded big that can provide a veteran front court presence. They get out of Dieng's contract. They get out of Teague's contract.

Davis-Randle-Hill-Butler-Moore lineup would be more competitive that their current team.

« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2018, 11:28:44 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

i agree it is frustrating.....

one issue is alot of the great players hail from CA or LA and that lends to the ultimate attraction to go home.  Pelicans seem to just get players and loose them without making much noise.  This suits the Lakers plan to a tee.

« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2018, 11:54:21 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
A trade package that includes Ball, Ingram, and Kuzma should be attractive, but is it really a good offer considering who they would be trading for? By all accounts, Rondo will start over Ball, which is not a good sign considering Rondo looked like he didn’t even care about playing during his stints in Dallas and Chicago. Brandon Ingram has been a disappointment to this point. I thought he was a can’t miss prospect when he was at Duke, but he seems to have regressed. Was Kuzma just one of those good (average) players on a bad team, that happened to put up inflated stats?

As for the Ingram and Booker comparison, they’re simply not in the same discussion. Any 6’9” player that can shoot and dribble has a chance to be a top 3 player. However, Ingram has not shown that he evens cares about being a top 3 player on his own team. I have seen him play on the Lakers and he simply disappears, and looks clueless at times too. Booker has proven himself to be an elite scorer and the number 1 option for his team. Opposing teams have to game plan around Booker, when they play the Suns. I don’t believe the same can be said about Ingram. I simply can’t imagine any GM in the league that would take Ingram over Booker. Also, I don’t believe the Suns would trade Booker, since they would want to pair him with Davis on their own team.