Author Topic: Apologies for the stupid post  (Read 5317 times)

Apologies for the stupid post
« on: September 02, 2013, 11:13:00 PM »

Offline Eric M VAN

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 61
  • No no no, not THAT "Eric M Van".
That was in bad taste and totally inappropriate for this community. My apologies to everyone. :-\
"Because there are no fours."
-- Antoine Walker when asked why he shoots so many threes

"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees."
-Jason Kidd

Re: Apologies for the stupid post
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 11:40:19 PM »

Kiorrik

No worries. Nobody got hurt, and now you know :)

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 11:53:49 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
well, i must confess curiosity. since i have no idea what the post was i am both unoffended and uninformed.  ;D

but that is ok ev, no need to repeat the offending post. and folks here tend to be very nice and rather understanding.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 12:15:47 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
well, i must confess curiosity. since i have no idea what the post was i am both unoffended and uninformed.  ;D

but that is ok ev, no need to repeat the offending post. and folks here tend to be very nice and rather understanding.

It was a pretty inoffensive IMO (but also clear) violation of the "no gossip about athletes' love lives" rule. I don't want to violate the rule myself, so I'll keep my mouth shut.

I do have to mention one thing that struck me, which is that the rule itself mentions D-West by name...funny given who EMV's post was about. Not sure whether anyone else noticed that.

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 05:59:12 AM »

fitzhickey

Don't worry about it
everyone on CB is very understanding and cool about these things, especially if you're new here.
Nobody was offended by it

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 07:03:00 AM »

Offline rickyfan3.0...

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 110
You pretty much ruined my life with that post. It will be tough to recover. The stuff said in this forums is SO important.

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 08:52:49 AM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
My opinion?

It's a stupid rule that discourages the kind of idle banter that makes a community interesting to hang out it - especially going into what's likely to be a LONG season. 

Can we talk about Sully's love life, since he's apparently been arrested for domestic assault?

Whatever, not my forum and not my rules...   

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 11:05:19 AM »

Offline Eric M VAN

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 61
  • No no no, not THAT "Eric M Van".
You pretty much ruined my life with that post. It will be tough to recover. The stuff said in this forums is SO important.

and the gentleperson is awarded a TP for snark!  ;)
"Because there are no fours."
-- Antoine Walker when asked why he shoots so many threes

"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees."
-Jason Kidd

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2013, 05:19:12 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
My opinion?

It's a stupid rule that discourages the kind of idle banter that makes a community interesting to hang out it - especially going into what's likely to be a LONG season. 

Can we talk about Sully's love life, since he's apparently been arrested for domestic assault?

Well his post was kind of purely scandalous. Furthering the discussion would only lead to the thread being even more off topic (to Celtic basketball, basketball in general).

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2013, 06:25:42 AM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
My opinion?

Well his post was kind of purely scandalous. Furthering the discussion would only lead to the thread being even more off topic (to Celtic basketball, basketball in general).

...  given the level of basketball we're like to experience for the next 2-3 seasons, "Off Topic" may not be an inherently bad thing...