Author Topic: Are you flooded?!?! The Northeast Flood of 2010!!!  (Read 3463 times)

Are you flooded?!?! The Northeast Flood of 2010!!!
« on: March 30, 2010, 12:38:29 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I have to say that I am not. But....I have many friends that are and this month has just about exhausted them both emotionally, physically and financially. So, I figured I've been spending a bench of time on the phone commiserating with friends and family and am about to put up a family member during this because of their circumstances with the flood, so maybe there are CB family that need a place to let it all out and tell their story and vent their frustrations.

Here it is and, ahead of time, I've been there and it sucks. 8 years ago in Rhode Island we got a terrible storm that dumped 9 inches overnight. Part of my roof was blown off and I had water coming in through the roof and in through the basement. Lost thousands of dollars worth of stuff and the only thing insurance covered was the roof being fixed.

So I feel your pain and hope and pray for the best for you.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 07:28:55 PM by nickagneta »

Re: Are you flooded?!?!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 12:41:34 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Nothing major here, but my fiancee' and I just moved into a new place.  We were promised that it was a dry basement and suitable for storage.  So, of course, we store a lot of our stuff down there.  The first major storm (last week), and water seeps in, damaging some paintings, framed prints, and sentimental family items.  Ugh.  I felt lucky the damage wasn't more serious, though; most of the stuff I cared about was either upstairs or off of the ground.

My heart goes out to anybody affected in a more serious manner.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

Re: Are you flooded?!?! The Northeast Flood of 2010!!
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 07:28:18 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Just want to say that sometimes we go out of our way to take care of and support with donations those that are effected by disaster in other countries like Haiti and Chile and Indonesia and forget about the people down the road.

Disaster in the form of a 100 year or 500 year storm has struck Eastern Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York and New Jersey. Here's some footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkFZepy9AEM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xmA_gINs3o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs4OiHuWC64

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqfW_ZtnsZ4

http://www1.whdh.com/video/player/?clipId=4666223&clipFormat=flv&topVideoCatNo=168168#?autoStart

http://www1.whdh.com/video/player/?clipId=4666115&clipFormat=flv&topVideoCatNo=168168#?autoStart

As of right now I don't know where the best place might be to help people effected by the floods but I am sure there will be charities set up quickly and the need is going to be great. I lived for 12 years in Rhode Island just a 2-3 miles from the worst hit areas and have many friends who's home and jobs are in ruins.

Don't forget the people close to you when thinking of giving. Thousands to maybe millions are going to be effected from Maine to Jersey. Give locally. Lend a hand. Help any way you can. I am sure those in need will never forget it.

Re: Are you flooded?!?! The Northeast Flood of 2010!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 10:15:04 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
My sister called during the game...her stepson was electrocuted in his flooded cellar today.  He was home alone with the baby, but the babysitter called, and called the ambulance.  He is in the hospital, talking and we are hopefull he will be ok.  My mom and sister are driving home now from Florida to NH.  Hope the bad weather is over and everyone is ok.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 10:19:34 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
My sister called during the game...her stepson was electrocuted in his flooded cellar today.  He was home alone with the baby, but the babysitter called, and called the ambulance.  He is in the hospital, talking and we are hopefull he will be ok.  My mom and sister are driving home now from Florida to NH.  Hope the bad weather is over and everyone is ok.
Prayers go out to your step-nephew. I hope all ends well.

Just found out that the house I used to own in Coventry is under water as is most of the street we lived on. Don't know whether to feel sad for those people or happy I don't own that house any longer.

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 10:31:47 PM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 101
  • B's Up
last 2 days of school at Rhode Island College have been canceled and so is tomorrow. i get to read more posts on here tonight, yes! lol
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 10:34:27 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
last 2 days of school at Rhode Island College have been canceled and so is tomorrow. i get to read more posts on here tonight, yes! lol
CCRI has to be shut down too. Right? I mean it's right across the street from the RI Mall and where all the flooding is taking place.

Schools in Warwick, West Warwick, Cranston and Coventry are shut for the rest of the week.

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 10:41:04 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
Awfully sad...

Thank god my house in South Kingstown hasn't been hit like the others in Rhode Island...

If you guys find any charities or any ways you hear about how to help post it in a heart beat.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2010, 10:43:50 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
My sister called during the game...her stepson was electrocuted in his flooded cellar today.  He was home alone with the baby, but the babysitter called, and called the ambulance.  He is in the hospital, talking and we are hopeful he will be ok.  My mom and sister are driving home now from Florida to NH.  Hope the bad weather is over and everyone is ok.

Just found out that the house I used to own in Coventry is under water as is most of the street we lived on. Don't know whether to feel sad for those people or happy I don't own that house any longer.
Thanks, Nick.  I wrote that message in a hurry.  My nephew is an adult (30) and the baby sitter was for one of his kids.  Looks like he is going to be ok....heart and kidneys are ok.  They said he is lucky to be alive.  He is awake and talking and we will know more tomorrow.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2010, 11:07:22 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
My sister called during the game...her stepson was electrocuted in his flooded cellar today.  He was home alone with the baby, but the babysitter called, and called the ambulance.  He is in the hospital, talking and we are hopeful he will be ok.  My mom and sister are driving home now from Florida to NH.  Hope the bad weather is over and everyone is ok.

Thanks, Nick.  I wrote that message in a hurry.  My nephew is an adult (30) and the baby sitter was for one of his kids.  Looks like he is going to be ok....heart and kidneys are ok.  They said he is lucky to be alive.  He is awake and talking and we will know more tomorrow.

Yeah prayers go out thirstyboots18 wish your nephew a healthy and fast recovery.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce