Author Topic: Marc Stein: Cs 'have ramped up their interest' in Reddick  (Read 19147 times)

Re: Marc Stein: Cs 'have ramped up their interest' in Reddick
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2013, 10:17:14 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Anything doing with this trade?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bh2jnbo

I dunno I got bored. Helps us out.

Rondo/Terry
Bradley/Reddick
Pierce/Green
KG/Sully
Gortat/Wilcox

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2013, 10:20:47 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Personally not a huge fan of Redick and don't see why the Celtics would be targeting him unless the real reason is to discard one of their recent 2-guard signings that they feel do not fit into the team scheme, philosophy or locker room.

In this case, swapping Lee or Terry for Redick makes sense because Redick plays a similar game to Lee but can also handle the ball well enough to run an offense to be the PG when Rondo sits.

Another good thing, it gets the C's out from under all the extra years they tacked on to Lee or Terry's contracts. Redick is an unrestricted free agent next year.

How are Lee and Redick's game the same? They seem to be the exact opposite. Redick as a backup pg would be awful! A press would devour him.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2013, 10:20:52 AM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
I'd try to get then to take Green.  I really like Terry and Lee for when we hit the playoffs.  We'd have way too many guards, though.

As good a shooter as Redick is, I don't think we have room for him.  Maybe we could try to get a good three-point shooting SF.  Not sure who that would be.

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2013, 10:27:56 AM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
I'd try to get then to take Green.  I really like Terry and Lee for when we hit the playoffs.  We'd have way too many guards, though.

As good a shooter as Redick is, I don't think we have room for him.  Maybe we could try to get a good three-point shooting SF.  Not sure who that would be.

Why would the Celtics trade their only small forward that is in their prime?

« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2013, 10:28:39 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b5pnnum

Boston:

Gortat
Redick

Orlando:

Lee
1st Rd Pick (2013)

Phoenix:

Bass
Melo
1st Rd Pick (lottery protected 2015)

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2013, 10:28:58 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones

Steve Novak. Lol.

« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2013, 10:30:09 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones

Boston:

Gortat
Redick

Orlando:

Lee
1st Rd Pick (2013)

Phoenix:

Bass
Melo

I do that in a second. Gives us the same lineup as the trade I suggested above but takes away the complicated extra players involved between orlando and phoenix.

« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2013, 10:31:46 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

Boston:

Gortat
Redick

Orlando:

Lee
1st Rd Pick (2013)

Phoenix:

Bass
Melo

I do that in a second. Gives us the same lineup as the trade I suggested above but takes away the complicated extra players involved between orlando and phoenix.

Yea i would love that trade, but not sure you can get gortat without giving up sully

« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2013, 10:34:03 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
I'd look for the Celtics to find a third team to give up Bass and get Reddick. I like what Lee brings to the table and bass is expendable. I'd LOVE to have Reddick, great shooter and isn't as terrible on D as people make him out to be from what i've seen.

BOS gets: Reddick

CHA gets: Bass and a 1st

ORL gets: Gerald Henderson and Reggie Williams

Yeah, i'd like that.

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2013, 10:35:03 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
i want to trade terry but doubt that he could get it done if so great
I like reddicks game wouldn't want to give up Lee but its an upgrade for sure.  Do not like the 1/2 year rental idea for ANY player so would hope it would be worked out to have contract in mind for next year
maybe bass & terry are earmarked for gortat so lee can go for jj?

« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2013, 10:36:16 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I'd look for the Celtics to find a third team to give up Bass and get Reddick. I like what Lee brings to the table and bass is expendable. I'd LOVE to have Reddick, great shooter and isn't as terrible on D as people make him out to be from what i've seen.

BOS gets: Reddick

CHA gets: Bass and a 1st

ORL gets: Gerald Henderson and Reggie Williams

Yeah, i'd like that.

Bass is only expendable if you are getting another big man back. If we trade Bass for redick that leaves us with no backup pf or center .

« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2013, 10:37:47 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

Boston:

Gortat
Redick

Orlando:

Lee
1st Rd Pick (2013)

Phoenix:

Bass
Melo

Yea i would love that trade, but not sure you can get gortat without giving up sully
I think we can get Gortat without Sully but the price would probably be picking up Beasley's contract.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2013, 10:38:50 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Personally not a huge fan of Redick and don't see why the Celtics would be targeting him unless the real reason is to discard one of their recent 2-guard signings that they feel do not fit into the team scheme, philosophy or locker room.

In this case, swapping Lee or Terry for Redick makes sense because Redick plays a similar game to Lee but can also handle the ball well enough to run an offense to be the PG when Rondo sits.

Another good thing, it gets the C's out from under all the extra years they tacked on to Lee or Terry's contracts. Redick is an unrestricted free agent next year.

How are Lee and Redick's game the same? They seem to be the exact opposite. Redick as a backup pg would be awful! A press would devour him.
Lee and Redick are both pretty decent though not great defenders. Redick's defense is more team and scheme oriented while Lee's defense is more one on one oriented. They are both good size shooting guards and both are very good three point shooters.

Redick has handled the ball a lot in the Orlando offense over the years. He's an above average passer and decent ball handler. For 5 minutes a half, he could run the Boston offense. He's been doing the same thing in Orlando for years and hasn't been a disaster to the Orlando offense.

« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2013, 10:40:36 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Yeah Lee/Reddick are very similar players. Reddick just brings more passing and shooting, Lee more defense.

Lee's done a solid job bringing the ball up and handling some when Rondo's out. Reddick would easily handle the same amount of responsibility.

« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2013, 10:46:18 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Love Reddick. He would be the best shooter on the team by far, and we need that. Watching this team shoot is painful, hell they can't even hit free throws anymore.

Reddick is MUCH better than Lee or Terry.