Author Topic: Robert Williams (Merged Threads)  (Read 238609 times)

Re: Robert Williams (Merged Threads)
« Reply #1935 on: February 28, 2020, 11:19:00 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
For those arguing that Rob Williams won't find more than 5-10 minutes a game the rest of this season because we have Kanter backing up Theis, I refer you to the recently completed Lakers game. 

Kanter is just unplayable in these types of contest.  Rob Williams (you know, the guy who blocked Anthony Davis's shot twice in the same game last year) clearly could have provided decent minutes, especially as Theis was dragging toward the end.
I think Kanter is hurt, which is what is making him so unplayable. He has demonstrably limited in his movements since before the break.
Yup since he hurt his hip he's run with a hitch and just been less effective.

« Reply #1936 on: February 28, 2020, 11:20:05 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Medical scan today will determine whether Rob is officially clear to play in games.  All indications are he is pain free and good to go. 

Would be so sweet to see him play tomorrow night and swat away some Harden 3's and Westbrook dunk attempts!!
I'd be satisfied with good positional/team defense and not getting caught going for showy blocks resulting in offensive boards and putbacks by the other team.

I'd be satisfied with him making it up and down the court for 5-6 minutes without wincing. We need dude back for good, he can be that last bench piece.
I honestly think the Rockets game is a terrible match up for him given how the ultra small ball is designed to target bigs like him off the court.

But I just want to see him play!

« Reply #1937 on: February 28, 2020, 11:26:10 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Medical scan today will determine whether Rob is officially clear to play in games.  All indications are he is pain free and good to go. 

Would be so sweet to see him play tomorrow night and swat away some Harden 3's and Westbrook dunk attempts!!
I'd be satisfied with good positional/team defense and not getting caught going for showy blocks resulting in offensive boards and putbacks by the other team.

I'd be satisfied with him making it up and down the court for 5-6 minutes without wincing. We need dude back for good, he can be that last bench piece.
I honestly think the Rockets game is a terrible match up for him given how the ultra small ball is designed to target bigs like him off the court.

But I just want to see him play!

At full health and game shape I think he's mobile enough to do ok against them though his perimeter footwork is shaky at best.

But he's gonna be far from either so just a few non-disastrous reps is all I want. We can lean on him for actual production in a week or two.

« Reply #1938 on: February 28, 2020, 11:35:52 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I think expectations of Rob are very low on this board, I get it. But I feel that this team's next step up will be on defense, and he will be a large factor for that occurring. Wishful thinking, perhaps, but I'm rolling with it. 

« Reply #1939 on: February 28, 2020, 11:39:01 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

amen.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #1940 on: February 28, 2020, 11:48:06 AM »

Offline MichiganAdam

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 16
I think expectations of Rob are very low on this board, I get it. But I feel that this team's next step up will be on defense, and he will be a large factor for that occurring. Wishful thinking, perhaps, but I'm rolling with it.

I actually think it will be on offense once we get Kemba back.  I think the options this guys bring where all can hit the 3, generate offense, and play unselfish could spawn a run of very beautiful basketball with alot of flow.  Be even better if they can up the tempo some using those young legs.

« Reply #1941 on: February 28, 2020, 11:54:59 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279

at some point they were unreasonably high...

« Reply #1942 on: February 28, 2020, 12:02:40 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
All I want is for him is that he continues to develop the mental side of the game. I'm not even expecting him to be a consistent contributor this year, and that's fine IMO.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #1943 on: February 28, 2020, 12:29:55 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
I may be in the minority here but I think he going be a bust..hope I’m wrong
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #1944 on: February 28, 2020, 01:03:01 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
OK.  Please explain...

« Reply #1945 on: February 28, 2020, 01:51:08 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
OK.  Please explain...
First, dude seems like he is injured all the time...second, just don’t think he really all that focus..3rd, when he does play, looks lost out there sometimes...again, hope I’m wrong but does reminds me of Tyrus Thomas type player
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #1946 on: February 28, 2020, 02:02:03 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
OK.  Please explain...
First, dude seems like he is injured all the time...second, just don’t think he really all that focus..3rd, when he does play, looks lost out there sometimes...again, hope I’m wrong but does reminds me of Tyrus Thomas type player

It's almost impossible for him to be a bust since he was selected at #27. Even if he gets no better and is simply in and out of the rotation (for whatever team he is on) for a few years, that will be considered at least average production out of that slot.

Anyway, I would say that he has been working extremely hard on the mental aspect of the game and that more reps can only help him at this point. He isn't some party dude only using his athleticism to succeed, he has been taking his role as a basketball player seriously. He may not be a superstar, but it's difficult to see his trajectory going anywhere but up.

« Reply #1947 on: February 28, 2020, 02:06:02 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Cleared to play!!!!

« Reply #1948 on: February 28, 2020, 02:14:59 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
OK.  Please explain...

Do you even know what the word bust means...? I apologize if I'm coming off as condescending, but whether or not Williams pans out or not, doesn't make him a bust, especially at the 27th pick.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #1949 on: February 28, 2020, 02:33:16 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527