Author Topic: ballon d`or 2010  (Read 5760 times)

ballon d`or 2010
« on: January 11, 2011, 12:01:08 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Ok i agree that Messi is the best player in the world. Or the second best in the worst case
But i feel that he didn`t deserve the golden ball this year.

His main rivals Xavi and Inesta were keep parts of the World Champion Spain while Messi had a disapponting WC. I don`t he did much more than Schneider or Roben. If it comes down to personal stats even the "titleless" CR should be considered at least as high as Messi since he scoring numbers are unreal (:D :D :D).

Re: ballon d`or 2010
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 12:06:35 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
I am strange Iniesta was ahead Xavi specially
I expected messis.
Maybe is because the injury.

Now i am sad they pick Reality coach as coach of the year
Mourinho to me is like Master Zen . He will never deserve
anything in my heart
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 12:55:44 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
I`d vote for Del Bosque but at least JM won the CL.

Messi`s 2010 is not a season to remember. For 99.9 of the players it would have been a dream season but not for Messi. And certainly not for Xavi - Inesta-Schneider

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 01:23:43 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
I would have voted for Wesley Sneijder.  He had a great world cup and a great champions league.  He was one of the most consistent players in the world in the past year.  He should have at least been one of the 3 finalists.  To have 3 players from the same team is kind of foolish in my opinion.  To say Barcelona currently has the 3 best players in the world is a joke.
do it

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 03:05:21 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
It was an Adidas-Nike party... as always

Messi may be a freak of nature, in the way Cristiano Ronaldo is, but you can't label a player "the best" just for his numbers, at least IMO.

Messi scored a lot, yes, but without Xavi he showed he's human, while playing for Argentina. Still, he's Adidas face  :-[

Iniesta is a media darling, seems like a humble guy, and he made The Goal, winning the WC for Spain for the first time. He didn't deserve it more than Snejder, but he starred the most epic story with that goal. Nike guy.

Xavi is my favorite player (and I'm not a Barça fan) so I'm not neutral at all. He is the main reason, next to Casillas, for Spain to win the Euro 2008 and the WC 2010. Xavi makes everyone around him a much better player, he sees the plays 2 seconds before anybody, and really sets the tempo of Barça and Spanish NT. He's the playmaker. But he's an Adidas guy, so Messi takes his place.

the 3 are great players, but Xavi, being 30 y.o. might not get another chance. I really didn't like it.

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 12:36:58 AM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
Xavi should have won, it was probably his last chance to take it. Shame that such a great player is in shadow again, just because he's not shiny enough like Messi. Xavi is the real engine of Barca and Spain.

Messi deserved it last season but not this one. Poor choice.
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 01:47:17 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I would have liked to have seen Xavi win it too but I have no complaints over Messi. He is the best player in the world and had a magnificent season.

Messi has gotten some criticism for his World Cup performance but I thought he played very well in South Africa. It was the rest of his team (and manager) that were under par.

Disappointed not to see Sneijder on the list. He was instrumental for Inter + Holland.

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 03:12:34 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
xavi and inesta were(in 2010) key players for barcelona
so was messi without a doubt

any of the three could be barcelona`s mvp

xavi and inesta were key players of the world cup winner Spain
messi wasn`t even the best player in an average team (judging by the results and not the roster)

If we compare the talent of each player then yes Messi deserved the trophy but his season wasn`t better than xavi`s.