Author Topic: EPL 2010 - 2011  (Read 32415 times)

Re: EPL 2010 - 2011
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2010, 02:18:12 AM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
Geez, Chelsea's probably gonna have a +30 goal differential after 5 games.

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2010, 06:54:39 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
It` ll be again MU vs CFC. Both teams are better armed for a long run like EPL. Arsenal is without a doubt very talented team but they are soft. They need ,like Who i think said, at least tough DM ,a Davids type of player.

BTW Chelsea in the last 4 league games has scored 29 goals !!!!!!

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2010, 07:35:59 AM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach
Don't really watch too much soccer (futbol). I play the sport alot, and play the video games, however I can hardly do much more than watch some of the highlights from games on television before becoming bored; did watch quite a few matches from the World Cup, tho...

As far as who I think will win the Premiership this season? Prolly Chelsea, though I doubt I will catch more than 5 of their matches this season, as opposed to the hundreds of hours I've already spent watching baseball this year. The Cincinnati Red-legs might make the playoffs for the first time in 15+ seasons, mate  8)
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2010, 01:26:12 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
£17.25 million is a good price for Mascherano. Barcelona are getting a good deal there. I thought he should have commanded closer to the £22-25 million range.

That loss will weaken Liverpool considerably. I have a tough time seeing them make the top four without Mascherano. I expect them to be fighting with Tottenham for 5th and 6th place.

#1 -- Man Utd
#2 -- Chelsea
#3 -- Man City
#4 -- Arsenal

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2010, 02:31:00 PM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2010, 12:58:25 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
@Who

Sure a good def midfielder will help any team, but when you have two mediocre CB's, a mediocre keeper that Arsenal tried to replace this summer and a striker that are injured every other day (yes, he's out for another month), it's not gonna make you a world class defense team or wc at all for that matter. Just look at Chelsea and how many world class players they have. Arsenal is far from that and their inability to be a factor in the transfer market is another indicator that things aren't gonna change soon.
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2010, 06:52:54 AM »

Offline Frosty

• Open Roster Spot
  • Tommy Points: 0
Today's early kick-off see Man City v Chelsea. We won't be seeing Terry and Bridge having to (not) shake hands again, as Bridge is out with a thigh injury.

Despite all the money spent, Man City still look a pretty mediocre team; especially away from home (like last season). But will they be out to try and prove a point against the Premier Leagues big boys, and what's certainly looking to be, this seasons champions? We'll see... Mancini will need to stop being so Italian in his style of play this season if they are to improve, I think. Prime example being last season at home to my team - Stoke City - a team that costs less than one of MC's players. We were drawing 1-1 at their place, and Mancini takes off a striker and brings on another holding midfielder. Very negative. We drew, they came to ours and lost 3-1. The billionaire owners are not going to stand for another season of mediocrity, I think.

We are playing away at Newcastle tomorrow. Since coming back up this season they have looked a strong side, with wins against Villa (6-0!), Everton, and an away win at Chel$ea in the League Cup during the week. It could be a tough fixture, and I would be happy with a draw. It's my first trip up to Newcastle, so quite looking forward to it. Apparently, if you suffer from vertigo you shouldn't go, as the height and angle of the stand is quite extreme. Although, they said that about Camp Nou (Barcelona), and that wasn't bad.

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2010, 08:32:29 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Open your eyes
As I thought, Chelsea will win the title with ease. United don't look much as a threat, and Arsenal is just too impotent. And don't get me started about the disgrace which is Liverpool. That loss at home to Blackpool was just  :-X
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2010, 08:56:50 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
And don't get me started about the disgrace which is Liverpool. That loss at home to Blackpool was just  :-X

We've got a crap manager and crap ownership that has drained the club over the past few years. Just keep losing talent: Xabi Alonso, Mascherano, Aquilani, Benayoun, and soon to be: Fernando Torres.

I picked an interesting first year to follow them...

I think Man City has a chance...all of that money spent is producing great results on the field.

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2010, 06:05:00 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Open your eyes
And don't get me started about the disgrace which is Liverpool. That loss at home to Blackpool was just  :-X

We've got a crap manager and crap ownership that has drained the club over the past few years. Just keep losing talent: Xabi Alonso, Mascherano, Aquilani, Benayoun, and soon to be: Fernando Torres.

I picked an interesting first year to follow them...
You are lucky that it's only your first year. Liverpool fans are dealing with crap for the last 20 years. More than two decades without a championship is unbelievable when talking about a team with such tradition.

Maybe now, with the new managements, things are gonna be different.
The Immortals:

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2010, 10:02:56 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
So the Liverpool being bought by NESV (group that owns the Red Sox)deal appears to be done. 

Sorry Mr. Henry, I love my Blues, can't root for Liverpool.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2010, 05:41:46 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Amazing performance by Manchester United today against Blackburn.

Rooney and Berbatov were irresistible. Lovely one two touch football. Beautiful passing and movement. Excellent finishing by Berbatov. Nani was very good too.

I liked seeing Anderson in the team for United. He brings something different to their central midfield. Someone with a bit of quickness, direct, attacking, can push the ball (dribble or pass) and pickup the tempo.

Anderson never really rounded out as a footballer and he can be frustrating ... but I think he provides something that that central midfield is lacking. I'd like to see him play more often.

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2010, 02:59:47 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
I`ve read rumours that he is listed for loan. TO be honest i`m not so high on him like you Who but MU`s central midfield is pretty thin so he should take some play time.

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2010, 12:05:51 PM »

Offline Scott

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
There is a full slate of Prem games today.  Man City walked over Villa to take first place (unless Man U wins or draws later today, though keep in mind Man U will still have 2 games in hand)  Chelsea fell to fifth after Spurs defeated Newcastle, although Chelsea have a game in hand.

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2010, 12:26:58 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
Man United's looking pretty good at the moment. Two games on hand and still on top of the standings. Chelsea is just completely losing it.