Author Topic: We clinch a playoff spot tonight. Sit players?  (Read 5413 times)

Re: We clinch a playoff spot tonight. Sit players?
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2015, 07:58:56 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Really hate this thread.

The jinx is on.

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2015, 08:04:48 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
We haven't clinched a playoff spot. We still need to wait for Indy to lose, otherwise we'd have to keep fighting regardless.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2015, 09:49:31 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Really hate this thread.

The jinx is on.

OK, now we can talk.

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2015, 10:01:29 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
These next two games do nothing for the team except cause a potential injury situation

Even though IT, Smart, AB, Crowder don't play alot of min  , they play super hard on the defensive end.  Their bodies must be worn out a little

I say after the Pacers lose tonight, we should sit these 4.  Maybe even Zeller, Bass. Give Sullinger, Datome, Jerebko, James Young some extra min on the court. 
wrong.  the next 2 games gives the C's 2 more opportunities to work on their game.  they're nowhere good enough to coast into the playoffs.

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2015, 10:05:31 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Why would we bother to sit anyone?  Are we gearing up for a title run, lol? ;D Did I miss the memo? ;D

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2015, 10:11:37 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Why would we bother to sit anyone?  Are we gearing up for a title run, lol? ;D Did I miss the memo? ;D

Lol.  .....I agree ......we got workers ....not divas .......they are old or broken down

Our guys are young rookies .....most are under 25 ...I mean Wallace can relax if he needs to..... :D

I say rev em up and kick butt the final two games .....

Go for FOURTY WINS !

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2015, 10:15:42 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933

It's more about potential matchups than a title run. Don't you see Atlanta as a better matchup for us than Cleveland?

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2015, 10:24:05 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

It's more about potential matchups than a title run. Don't you see Atlanta as a better matchup for us than Cleveland?
I don't and I doubt the Celtics do either. That's not to say the Celtics or I see Cleveland as the team they want to play but I seriously doubt they care which team they play. The Celtics just want to play playoff basketball, against who doesn't matter in the least.

Also we have young players not playing huge minutes. There is no need to rest them. The rest them to avoid injury is just a cowardly way of lookin at things. The players are just as likely to get hurt off the court as on. They are basketball players, you let them play basketball. If you are afraid of injury, you are in the wrong business.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 10:30:48 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2015, 10:31:23 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
People are forgetting the most important aspect of the Cleveland vs. Atlanta match-up choice.

If we get Cleveland, there's no way we'll be on NBATV.

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2015, 10:35:06 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
People are forgetting the most important aspect of the Cleveland vs. Atlanta match-up choice.

If we get Cleveland, there's no way we'll be on NBATV.

Good point (TP).  Despite having LP I'm in a town where NBATV isn't part of the cable package, so I get stuck with crappy pirate feeds for those games.

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2015, 10:46:32 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

I know, it's just that the whole concept of resting/sitting players usually applies to veteran contending teams, not a club like ours, lol ;D, so I was more so making light of the absurdity of such a hypothetical situation, haha. ;D

As for who'd be the better matchup, well, I guess that depends - how fast do you want to be out of the playoffs, ahaha? ;D It's really 6 of one half a dozen of the other, imo, but we'll see.  The reality is that we've yet to unleash our secret weapon, James Young (sarcasm), on most teams, and everyone here knows that no team on earth can stop us from winning it all if he plays, lol (sarcasm). ;D You know that you Lebron and Horford are shaking in their boots because they know that not only can they not stop him, but he's so good that you can't even game plan against him, ahaha. ;D Sorry, I'm just having some fun. ;D You know who else hasn't seen what Young can do?  Our practice squads, lol. ;D 

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2015, 10:48:41 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
BeatLA, I love ya man (in a friendly, platonic-blogger acquaintance sort of way), but that is way more emoticons than any post needs, regardless of how happy you are  ;D

PS- Remember when chambers thought you were drunk when you were posting about WW2?

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2015, 10:48:44 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

I know, it's just that the whole concept of resting/sitting players usually applies to veteran contending teams, not a club like ours, lol ;D, so I was more so making light of the absurdity of such a hypothetical situation, haha. ;D

As for who'd be the better matchup, well, I guess that depends - how fast do you want to be out of the playoffs, ahaha? ;D It's really 6 of one half a dozen of the other, imo, but we'll see.  The reality is that we've yet to unleash our secret weapon, James Young (sarcasm), on most teams, and everyone here knows that no team on earth can stop us from winning it all if he plays, lol (sarcasm). ;D You know that you Lebron and Horford are shaking in their boots because they know that not only can they not stop him, but he's so good that you can't even game plan against him, ahaha. ;D Sorry, I'm just having some fun. ;D You know who else hasn't seen what Young can do?  Our practice squads, lol. ;D

what the  ;D?

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2015, 11:14:07 PM »

Offline wvcelticsfan

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 4
I'd rather go into the playoffs on a 6 game win streak than a 2 game losing streak, no matter who we play.

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2015, 11:19:52 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
The Celtics are a VERY young team and nobody averages more than 33 minutes a game.

I don't see why anybody should need to rest.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain