Author Topic: The sky is not falling  (Read 6224 times)

Re: The sky is not falling
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2010, 01:14:00 AM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Posted this in another thread...but can be posted here as well.

Thats Celticsblog for you.....one day its "Bring out the brooms" "Beat LA" etc etc....the very next day we are " Worst game ever"(seriously? worst game ever? I guess, we forgot the loss
against the Nets) ...."it could be 3-2 like last year"(again, we forget that we were without KG and LP..plus our starters played way too many minutes in the Chicago series before meeting Orl)....WE ARE 3-1 NOT 1-3....I will take a 3-1 record against the 2nd best team in ECF anyday anytime...wayyy too much over-reaction tonight. Nobody, atleast a big majority, didn't expect them to beat Clev...and now we are reacting like the sky is falling....and this after we are 3-1 in ECF...if LA wins tomorrow, we will have identical records...hope that makes the nervous folks feel a little better.

"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2010, 01:16:21 AM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
This is one of those times where not being in Boston really helps you as a fan.

Why? because i dont give 2 rats behinds about hockey so in my world no one has ever come back from being down 3-0.
This series is over, Vince has allready punched it in, the only thing that matters is our own health, if we can get our legs back before game 5, there will be no game 6.
"Leadership is diving for a loose ball, getting the crowd involved, getting other players involved. It`s being able to take it as well as dish it out. That`s the only way you`re going to get respect from the players"

- Larry Bird

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2010, 01:23:42 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I just wanted to get ahead of things. Chill, people. We got this.

Amen, Bud. I'm disgusted with how we gave this one away, but we were due for a stinker ... now let's put it away once-and-for-all! (TP)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2010, 01:26:14 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429

Why? because i dont give 2 rats behinds about hockey so in my world no one has ever come back from being down 3-0.
This series is over, Vince has allready punched it in, the only thing that matters is our own health, if we can get our legs back before game 5, there will be no game 6.

Erm, ever hear of the Red Sox? I think it was 2004 when they came back from 3-0 to beat the Yankees. That is not going to happen here, but just reminding you it can be done.

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2010, 01:50:22 AM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31

Erm, ever hear of the Red Sox? I think it was 2004 when they came back from 3-0 to beat the Yankees. That is not going to happen here, but just reminding you it can be done.

Yeah Vinnie gotta say that im not really that into baseball eighter, so what it comes down to is Celtics vs Magic and Magic vs History.. and when your dealing with History i like the Celtics better :)
"Leadership is diving for a loose ball, getting the crowd involved, getting other players involved. It`s being able to take it as well as dish it out. That`s the only way you`re going to get respect from the players"

- Larry Bird

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2010, 01:53:05 AM »

Offline Celtics Fan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
ESPN are a bunch of idoits, "WE HAVE A SERIES NOW" oh REALLY win 2 more and then come talk to US!! It was a moral victory. C ya in game 5 Stan Van Belly!!! And Stu Scott is bad JUJU, could we just have Jalen Rose or Tim Legler call the game with Wilbon, Magic, and Jon Berry.

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2010, 01:57:52 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

The Celts have a whole lot more players who know their buttcheeks from their elbows about winning than the Bruins do.  They also are comparably a much better team than the Bruins.
Yup

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2010, 02:05:25 AM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
TP's all around, even for the Bynum's fan  ;)

Chill out, relax, and please, Celtics, get healthy for wednesday. If Rondo is back and the rest play their game, this is 4-1.

You have to respect Orlando, and it was a matter of time that they had a chance to win. They got it, thanks to the Celtics bad game, and some whistles that went Orlando's way (LeHoward Elbow and the Marvelous Moving Picks big show). But they are good, and the Celtics must play as hard as they can to secure a win.

Have a good time, and Go Celtics!!!

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2010, 03:16:10 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

In NBA basketball, no team has come back from 0-3. I can't remember the exact number of times a team has been down 0-3 ( I do know it's around 90) but neither of those teams have come back to win the series. It ain't happening.

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2010, 03:45:22 AM »

Offline ChainSmokingLikeDino

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 96
TP. If you had told me we would be up 3-1 pre-series I would have been ecstatic. The children who think this is the end of the world and are writing the team off need to get some perspective. Even good teams lose games. Why isn't every finals game a sweep? They should be by those standards. Celtics didn't play well. Magic did. It happens. You honestly didn't think the Magic would win a game? The fact that it took overtime for them to do so makes me feel even more confident. Did it suck that we lost? Of course. Is it the end of the world? Of course not. We got this and the whole throw out the baby with the bath water thing is tired. period.

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2010, 04:01:22 AM »

Offline P2

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 163
  • Green 18!
Guys, Orlando's home crowd will be rocking, and there is no reason to think that the odds of winning there are higher than 50-50. If they win, we'll be back in Boston up 3-2, but the problem is that they'll have their confidence back, and I don't know what to expect from this Celtics team in Game 6. If they drop Game 6, as well, which isn't that far-fetched, we're done. As good as this Celtics team is, I have no doubt that the Magic would take Game 7.

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2010, 04:10:40 AM »

Offline ChainSmokingLikeDino

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 96
Guys, Orlando's home crowd will be rocking, and there is no reason to think that the odds of winning there are higher than 50-50. If they win, we'll be back in Boston up 3-2, but the problem is that they'll have their confidence back, and I don't know what to expect from this Celtics team in Game 6. If they drop Game 6, as well, which isn't that far-fetched, we're done. As good as this Celtics team is, I have no doubt that the Magic would take Game 7.

wow. The sky is falling indeed. The Celtics have outplayed The Magic 3 out of 4 games. They had one bad game. Now you are ready to hand the series to The Magic? Their crowd was rocking in the first two games. We won both of them. I mean, this has nothing to do with "faith" or "optimism" it has to do with looking at what we have all seen. The Celtics had a bad game. Against a team that had a far better regular season record. The Magic aren't a joke. They are a good team. Tell me pre-series we are up 3-1 and I'd probably be pretty happy. But we lost one game and now its all over? Have you been watching the series at all?

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2010, 04:34:04 AM »

Offline greenhead85

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 35

In NBA basketball, no team has come back from 0-3. I can't remember the exact number of times a team has been down 0-3 ( I do know it's around 90) but neither of those teams have come back to win the series. It ain't happening.

1977, the Portland Trailblazers did just that over the 76ers. Win 4 straight games after trailing 0-2 (not 0-3 but still they came back).
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 04:47:37 AM by greenhead85 »

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2010, 04:50:52 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

1977, the Portland Trailblazers did just that over the 76ers. Win 4 straight games after trailing 0-2 (not 0-3 but still they came back).

Not really the same thing, is it?

Like I said, it's not happening.

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2010, 05:38:38 AM »

Offline P2

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 163
  • Green 18!

wow. The sky is falling indeed. The Celtics have outplayed The Magic 3 out of 4 games. They had one bad game. Now you are ready to hand the series to The Magic? Their crowd was rocking in the first two games. We won both of them. I mean, this has nothing to do with "faith" or "optimism" it has to do with looking at what we have all seen. The Celtics had a bad game. Against a team that had a far better regular season record. The Magic aren't a joke. They are a good team. Tell me pre-series we are up 3-1 and I'd probably be pretty happy. But we lost one game and now its all over? Have you been watching the series at all?

I have watched every game so far, and when the Magic get hot, it's hard to cool them off. That's what I meant.