Author Topic: Pierce is the Problem  (Read 4846 times)

Re: Pierce is the Problem
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2010, 03:59:06 PM »

Offline fugazzi24

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 17
Pierce is not the problem, it is our entire team that is the problem right now.  They are all holding the ball far to long on rotations.

We come down the floor pass into the post for either Perk or KG and they look over their shoulder it takes them 5 seconds to make a move, which kills the offense.  Also Pierce and Rondo are both dribbling the ball way to much on offense and should be making more passes.  Rondo you can accept because he creates so much but Pierce should be cutting more and posting up.   

We have three potential hall of famers and a fantastic PG on our team, we should not be struggling to score on anybody.  Doc has to take a lot of the blame for his offense at this point.

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2010, 04:01:16 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
If you go back and view the last bucket made by the Celtics the same set up was available for the final shot but Pierce opted to take the shot himself.He has taken big shots in the past and when he hits them we all say he's a hero,at least for that moment,but when he misses the shot, it opens the door for possible scrutiny,thats the way the ball bounces.  

« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2010, 04:53:57 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
The ball is moving, it's just that after it's done moving we still don't have an open shot. The ball movement is slow and very obvious to the defense.

I like it when we come out strong and Rondo gets 2 or 3 easy buckets to start the game. That shows the defense that they have to help off of their men.

4 years ago KG, Paul, and Ray were all assassins on the offensive end. It was "if you don't send a second man at him he WILL score on you".

I don't know if they still have that. On certain nights Paul will have it, or KG will, or lately Ray has. But no one's seeing Garnett in the post and sending defenders to help, they're saying.. "OK KG go get it" and that breaks up our whole offensive philosophy.

« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2010, 05:18:54 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 661
  • MASTER OF PANIC
perkins has zero touch around the rim.

« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2010, 05:31:17 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2706
perkins has zero touch around the rim.

or anywhere else on the court for that matter

« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2010, 05:51:20 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
No, I don't think Pierce is the problem. I saw this thread earlier, but after randomly browsing the internet and running across Hoopshype.com, there is an article on there about Durant being an offensive machine.

Well our Captain matched Offensive Machine Durant nearly Point for Point in the game in OKC just a couple of months ago...at least until KG went mad and took over in that amazing 3rd quarter.

Pierce still has it..yes he is a little older, a little banged up, a half-step slower or so..but the man has it, and still demands much attention from our opponents every night.

I cannot answer why his last few games have been less than stellar - maybe multiple defenders? Nagging Injury?

If it is a Nagging Injury, then knowing Pierce he will play through it, even if it throws his game off some. That's what makes him a Great Player, but sadly a flawed one (in that he still plays with an injury) I think...If it is an injury, I certainly wouldn't mind him resting some more...

If it's the defensive schemes of our opponents, then it's Rondo's job I would say to correct for that.

We only have five weeks left in this regular season, and I think we can still pull off 50-55 wins.

« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2010, 05:59:05 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
The Celtics are a better team when they find a way to get Ray more shots.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2010, 06:01:29 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
The Celtics are a better team when they find a way to get Ray more shots.

I agree, and I can't figure out why he only got three shots last night...is he injured? Salmon's defense? We have too good a PG for one of the best shooters in the game to get only three shots.

« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2010, 06:20:34 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
For those who say that Ray Allen should be shooting more than PP, well, he already is.

2009-2010 season so far:

Ray Allen
FGM: 5.8
FGA: 12.4
3pt FGM: 1.7
3pt FGA: 4.9
FTM: 2.9
FTA: 3.2

Paul Pierce
FGM: 5.4
FGA: 11.9
3pt FGM: 1.7
3pt FGA: 3.8
FTM: 5.1
FTA: 5.9

Their efficiency is about the same, so I'm not sure that Pierce is the problem.

Pierce's FTAs should tell you a lot of what you need to know about his game this year.

Ya, it tells me the ball is in Rondo's hands.

It also tells me, the refs stink donkey dung.

« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2010, 07:45:16 PM »

Offline el.celta

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
the celtics this season are very erratic
in game vs. Philadelphia Pierce had problems
in the game vs. Washington Garnett had difficulties.
Milwaukee in the game vs. Ray Allen had problems.
I understand that it is time to give you more time to play Nate and Finley.