Author Topic: Is Vucevic attainable?  (Read 5340 times)

Re: Is Vucevic attainable?
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2021, 08:24:55 AM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 52
Im sure they " need" Kemba

Danny just needs to explain the terrific value to them  ::)

Easy.

Isaac out for year
Fultz out for year

Really solid draft this season, looking really strong.

Orlando needs a top pick to add a potential superstar to the roster. Kemba can sit most of the season getting treatment so they can tank HARD while giving development time to their youth.

Then next season they can be healthy and roll out with a high pick, an allstar, Isaac back and healthy, Fultz back and healthy and hopefully an improved bigman and some capspace

Kemba/Anthony
Fultz
Draft
Isaac
Big

Kemba, Edwards and Theis to Orlando
Vooch and Ross to Boston

??

Or Maybe
Kemba, and Romeo to Orlando

FOurnier, Theis and a pick to Toronto

Lowry and Vooch to Boston

Orlando gets an allstar for an allstar, adds a lotto pick in Romeo, Tanks away
Toronto adds no salary commitments and does Lowry a solid letting him ring chase.
Boston adds 2 allstars.

Lowry/PP/Teague
Smart/Nesmith/Edwards
Brown/Green
Tatum/GrantW/Semi
Vooch/Thompson/Timelord

Still need to grab a cheap sf/pf type player just to polish off roster.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 08:46:23 AM by Darth_Yoda »
'21 Historical Draft
PG: Kyle Lowry / Mookie Blaylock / Mark Jackson
SG: Reggie Miller / Jeff Hornacek / Nick Anderson
SF: George Gervin / George McGinnis / Kyle Korver
PF: Connie Hawkins / Serge Ibaka / Josh Smith
C: Clint Capela / Bill Laimbeer / Jusuf Nurkic

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2021, 08:41:35 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
It's kind of weird how it seems that more people were gung ho about Myles Turner than Vucevic.  Vucevic is a legit 20 and 10 guy with 3.5 assists over the last 3 seasons.  Allstar numbers for several seasons. Turner is a 12 and 6 guy with 1 assist.  Yet Vucevic better make quicker reads or he won't be beneficial?  I don't get it.

Yes, Turner is a better defender and more dynamic.  But at the end of a game Vucevic is the one who will make the plays with consistency.  Any offensive plays that Turner makes is almost a surprise.  Vucevic would be a threat and make the right play all the time.  Posters like Who are always saying we need skilled size and I agree.  Vucevic is super skilled and I think he's exactly what we need.

Right now we really only have two guys that we want to have the ball at the end of the game (maybe Pritchard will get there and Kemba will be back).  Vucevic would be one more guy I'd be comfortable getting the ball and making plays in crunch time.  I think Vucevic would take a lot of pressure off of the other playmakers.
I have never pined for Turner? I've been on record saying that I don't see him being much of an upgrade on Theis if at all ???

Also the key word for Vucevic is "how much" - our offence will explode by simply having a guy who can shoot, score at volume and pass at the centre position, the question is whether we top out as a "run of the mill" elite offence or an ATG offence.
Sorry I wasn’t trying to single you out as far as Turner.  Just speaking in general.  There just seems to be a lot of nitpicking in general about an established star player.  Someone claiming he’s not  as long as he really is, etc.

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2021, 08:59:18 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
No

they are leading the East right now  why would they give up an all star calibre Center for an injured ex all star or whatever we can offer...( we don't have any outside the Js.)

« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2021, 11:35:39 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
It's kind of weird how it seems that more people were gung ho about Myles Turner than Vucevic.  Vucevic is a legit 20 and 10 guy with 3.5 assists over the last 3 seasons.  Allstar numbers for several seasons. Turner is a 12 and 6 guy with 1 assist.  Yet Vucevic better make quicker reads or he won't be beneficial?  I don't get it.

Yes, Turner is a better defender and more dynamic.  But at the end of a game Vucevic is the one who will make the plays with consistency.  Any offensive plays that Turner makes is almost a surprise.  Vucevic would be a threat and make the right play all the time.  Posters like Who are always saying we need skilled size and I agree.  Vucevic is super skilled and I think he's exactly what we need.

Right now we really only have two guys that we want to have the ball at the end of the game (maybe Pritchard will get there and Kemba will be back).  Vucevic would be one more guy I'd be comfortable getting the ball and making plays in crunch time.  I think Vucevic would take a lot of pressure off of the other playmakers.
I have never pined for Turner? I've been on record saying that I don't see him being much of an upgrade on Theis if at all ???

Also the key word for Vucevic is "how much" - our offence will explode by simply having a guy who can shoot, score at volume and pass at the centre position, the question is whether we top out as a "run of the mill" elite offence or an ATG offence.
Sorry I wasn’t trying to single you out as far as Turner.  Just speaking in general. There just seems to be a lot of nitpicking in general about an established star player. Someone claiming he’s not as long as he really is, etc.
That was probably me as well if you're talking about posts in this thread, I actually didn't know how long he was (his arms are pretty thick so it makes his wingspan look shorter than it actually is). My main concern about him is mobility on the perimeter, but he's definitely at least a level (if not two or three) above the likes of Myles Turner and thus a worthy trade target.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2021, 01:01:58 PM »

Offline 18isGREATERthan72

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 34
I've always thought Vucevic was one of the better passers for his position.  He's no Jokic, but he's pretty skilled on the offensive side of the ball.

« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2021, 01:26:38 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
Definitely attainable and I've also mentioned him as a potential target (along with Aaron Gordon, Draymond, Harrison Barnes, Fournier, DeRozan and Terrence Ross).

I think the only issue is, even after acquiring him you probably still need to upgrade PF regardless if Theis is here or traded away in the deal. I mean, you can have Theis come off the bench if he's still on the team which would be great IMO, but then is Tatum the starting PF? Or can Vucevic move there. There's still going to be a need at PF.

I like Vucevic a lot. But yeah I just don't know if it makes much sense given our dire needs.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller