Author Topic: Maybe Danny messed up by skipping on Saddiq Bey  (Read 4078 times)

Re: Maybe Danny messed up by skipping on Saddiq Bey
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2021, 11:38:00 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Saddiq bey was shooting 27% from the field before tonight so I’m pretty sure if we had drafted him he’d be 1) not in the rotation and 2) getting called a bust here
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2021, 11:57:17 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Saddiq bey was shooting 27% from the field before tonight so I’m pretty sure if we had drafted him he’d be 1) not in the rotation and 2) getting called a bust here

There's no better way to break a shooting slump than playing the Celtics!
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2021, 06:02:54 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136

Exactly....the effin team has a habit of making scrubs play like all stars and alls stars play like Superstars (see Khriss Middleton) and Superstars play like supernova stars ( see Lebron)

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2021, 06:49:45 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

Exactly....the effin team has a habit of making scrubs play like all stars and alls stars play like Superstars (see Khriss Middleton) and Superstars play like supernova stars ( see Lebron)
Ehm, LeBron is a ''supernova star''.

Bey ain't no scrub. That being said, I wasn't overly impressed by his game last night. Sure, he shot 5-8 from 3pt range, but we already knew he's a good shooter. What struck me the most is that he hardly ever passed the ball. Most of the times he only cared for his own shot. This wasn't his game in Villanova. He was a Point Forward averaging 2.4 assists and 1.5 t/o per game last season.

Anyway, it's too early to tell whether Danny messed up.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 08:35:59 AM by Jvalin »

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2021, 08:47:07 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

Who was that one poster here that was begging Danny to draft Bey?

Dayam

5 for 5 in 3s. Lights out

D wasnt bad either

Isnt this what the doctor prescribed?

And we had Bane and dumped him.... to keep Edwards....

Edwards not only cant make open 3s. But open 2s now

Sigh what else is new with Ainge. Phil Pressey, James Young, Fab Melo, Guerschon Yabusele, Gabe Pruitt, Vincent Poirier, R.J. Hunter, Abdel Nader, Jabari Bird...now we got Carsen Edwards and Tremont Waters filling up that role of being useless on the team
Well he probably wants the players he likes to be getting minutes from Brad... that’s why he fills up the roster with guys that are not playable. He just forces brads hand. I have no other explanation

Nesmith’s start isn’t encouraging, but it’s way too early.

And to give the other side of it - Time Lord seems to be improving. More likely than not, he’s going to be a rotation player at least by the end of this year, maybe a legit starter. Ainge got him with the 27th pick.

Fast PP was pick 26.

Jury is still out on Romeo. If his body doesn’t hold up to the NBA grind that’s a loss. But if he can play, all signs point to a useful rotation player again.

I certainly hope Nesmith comes around sooner rather than later. But it’s too early to tell what he’ll be.

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2021, 08:53:38 AM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 52

Dayam

D wasnt bad either

Sigh what else is new with Ainge. Phil Pressey, James Young, Fab Melo, Guerschon Yabusele, Gabe Pruitt, Vincent Poirier, R.J. Hunter, Abdel Nader, Jabari Bird...now we got Carsen Edwards and Tremont Waters filling up that role of being useless on the team
Well he probably wants the players he likes to be getting minutes from Brad... that’s why he fills up the roster with guys that are not playable. He just forces brads hand. I have no other explanation

And to give the other side of it - Time Lord seems to be improving. More likely than not, he’s going to be a rotation player at least by the end of this year, maybe a legit starter. Ainge got him with the 27th pick.

Fast PP was pick 26.

Jury is still out on Romeo. If his body doesn’t hold up to the NBA grind that’s a loss. But if he can play, all signs point to a useful rotation player again.

I certainly hope Nesmith comes around sooner rather than later. But it’s too early to tell what he’ll be.

Nesmith will never amount to anything if he is never given a chance to play.

Nurse and the rapotrs find the time to play new guys but brad cannot.

'21 Historical Draft
PG: Kyle Lowry / Mookie Blaylock / Mark Jackson
SG: Reggie Miller / Jeff Hornacek / Nick Anderson
SF: George Gervin / George McGinnis / Kyle Korver
PF: Connie Hawkins / Serge Ibaka / Josh Smith
C: Clint Capela / Bill Laimbeer / Jusuf Nurkic

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2021, 09:50:11 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

Dayam

D wasnt bad either

Fast PP was pick 26.

It’s a judgment call. If he’s as far out of whack as he seems to be, putting him out there to fail might not be the best way for him to develop and it’s going to frustrate the heck out of his teammates.

The loss of the G-League this year is terrible for him. If it was on he’d be getting much-needed reps. I think he’ll play - hopefully this year, and if not by next year.

Look at how much the team is doing to give Rob minutes this year. They’re playing a 2-big starting lineup, to create minutes for him in the rotation (I don’t buy that they think the 2-big lineup is their best lineup.) Rob’s finally healthy and has enoigh of a base to learn.

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2021, 10:55:42 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
I wanted Stewart or Bey at 14..Detroit got both
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2021, 11:44:21 AM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 52

Dayam

D wasnt bad either

Fast PP was pick 26.

It’s a judgment call. If he’s as far out of whack as he seems to be, putting him out there to fail might not be the best way for him to develop and it’s going to frustrate the heck out of his teammates.

The loss of the G-League this year is terrible for him. If it was on he’d be getting much-needed reps. I think he’ll play - hopefully this year, and if not by next year.

Look at how much the team is doing to give Rob minutes this year. They’re playing a 2-big starting lineup, to create minutes for him in the rotation (I don’t buy that they think the 2-big lineup is their best lineup.) Rob’s finally healthy and has enoigh of a base to learn.

They are not playing a 2 big lineup because of rob.

Not at all

They view thompson as better than teague and in no way will danny NOT play theis.
'21 Historical Draft
PG: Kyle Lowry / Mookie Blaylock / Mark Jackson
SG: Reggie Miller / Jeff Hornacek / Nick Anderson
SF: George Gervin / George McGinnis / Kyle Korver
PF: Connie Hawkins / Serge Ibaka / Josh Smith
C: Clint Capela / Bill Laimbeer / Jusuf Nurkic

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2021, 12:05:42 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I wanted Stewart or Bey at 14..Detroit got both