Author Topic: Romeo and Williams-have had their share of injuries.  (Read 1424 times)

Romeo and Williams-have had their share of injuries.
« on: January 01, 2021, 05:10:03 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Williams spent off season  building up his core strength and conditioning.Also has Thompson showing him what it takes.Williams looked determined to take Vaiincunas bumps.It takes time for bigs to develope in areas and build that core man strength.Balance is a big part of a high flyers game including learning how to land.
Romeo has size and weight but needs that time to harden.He is pushing his body to soon with little regard of its toll.Some of those charges were an accident waiting to happen. One straghit line drive to the basket had him measured and almost clothes lined.He had a excellant history of playing thruogh contact, tops in country but this is the NBA.
.Its not about combat muscles, it has taken Jason some time to develope his body.
We don't need tough guys we need smart, core strong, conditioned tough guys

« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 05:17:48 PM by rollie mass »

Re: Romeo and Williams-have had their share of injuries.
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2021, 05:33:09 PM »

Online mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 622
Man strength is a real thing!

You’re absolutely right that young bodies need to develop prolly more so than some of the game aspects even. If those guys can get their baby fat turned to man muscle, their availability will become more regular and then hopefully the ability can shine thru. Might be a big part of Payton Prichard’s ability showing up so soon, he’s already grown.

I really like the growth trajectory of this team. It’s gonna be fun to watch thru the year.

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2021, 05:38:42 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
I remember RWIII mentioned in a preseason interview (with Marc D'Amico) that he was running 5 miles a day to start his mornings. If nothing else, that gives me confidence his back can handle more impact than last year.

I wish the other Williams (Grant) was doing something similar, as he looks a bit out of shape.

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2021, 05:46:47 PM »

Online letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I remember RWIII mentioned in a preseason interview (with Marc D'Amico) that he was running 5 miles a day to start his mornings. If nothing else, that gives me confidence his back can handle more impact than last year.

I wish the other Williams (Grant) was doing something similar, as he looks a bit out of shape.
Don’t think GWill is out of shape, he’s a big dude and needs his body to play.

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2021, 05:59:33 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349

I guess I assumed he would slim down a bit in order to play more vertically or on the wing more. But you could be right that he's trying to just go for the Barkley in Phoenix body.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 06:06:02 PM by Jiri Welsch »

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2021, 06:15:25 PM »

Online mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 622

I guess I assumed he would slim down a bit in order to play more vertically or on the wing more. But you could be right that he's trying to just go for the Barkley in Phoenix body.

He has the best bench press at combine in his rookie class, I think. Or something like that. I think he’s a strong dude, all that bulk is muscle. He’s not slimming down