Author Topic: So what's your favorite tank?  (Read 6716 times)

So what's your favorite tank?
« on: December 27, 2014, 09:21:15 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I'm leaning towards the Soviet T-34, but admit to a certain fondness for the Tiger I and the Panzer IV

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-34

Re: So what's your favorite tank?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 09:33:04 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Got to be the M4 Sherman.

To be honest, I'm not that picky. I just prefer tanks with no camouflage.

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 09:44:33 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I'm leaning towards the Soviet T-34, but admit to a certain fondness for the Tiger I and the Panzer IV

I love the T-34.  Great speed, protection, maneuverability, easy to mass-produce, and excellent gas mileage.  If the Tiger was easier to produce, I might have to at least call it a tie, but no, lol.  I'm not voting for any American tank, that's for sure, lol.  Wasn't the Sherman nicknamed 'the ronson' because 'it always lights the first time?'  Ahaha.  What a piece of crap. 

Sidebar - I wish that we used the Churchill tank with the chains attached to a roller that rips up the land to discover mines in Afghanistan.  The roads aren't paved, anyway, and it would scare the crap out of the Taliban, etc.  Cheap, too, lol. ;) ;D

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2014, 09:46:09 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349

I love the T-34.  Great speed, protection, maneuverability, easy to mass-produce, and excellent gas mileage.  If the Tiger was easier to produce, I might have to at least call it a tie, but no, lol.  I'm not voting for any American tank, that's for sure, lol.  Wasn't the Sherman nicknamed 'the ronson' because 'it always lights the first time?'  Ahaha.  What a piece of crap. 

Sidebar - I wish that we used the Churchill tank with the chains attached to a roller that rips up the land to discover mines in Afghanistan.  The roads aren't paved, anyway, and it would scare the crap out of the Taliban, etc.  Cheap, too, lol. ;) ;D

Lol, you sicko

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2014, 09:48:02 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
1997 Spurs. Best tank of all time.

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2014, 09:59:26 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Lol, you sicko

Yeah, I'm a sick pup, lol. ;D

http://youtu.be/wBQ2vOFO37o

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2014, 10:20:44 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
1997 Spurs. Best tank of all time.
i dont know. the 2014 sixers are pretty formidable.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2014, 10:21:30 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
WWII German Panther

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2017, 09:02:14 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
T-34 because

i. first tank to become a stamp

ii. first tank to become a statue

iii. And after all these years this tank is so bad ass it still roams the streets giving zero phucks

PS eja, I actually came to this section of the forum to answer Lucky's post about YT lectures but your post blew my mind. One of the most TP worthy things ever done in this forum, esp. given when it was written.

PPS An in depth discussion of T-34 vs other tanks in reddit

PPPS @shaqattack I'm so disappoint