Author Topic: Cousins unfollows Pelicans on Instagram. Says cuz he’s “grown”  (Read 3408 times)

Re: Cousins unfollows Pelicans on Instagram. Says cuz he’s “grown”
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2018, 10:45:02 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Reports about Instagram are in my top five of things that irritate me about sports today. 

My guess is that this is completely meaningless.

Amen. I think we will look back at this era and laugh at how much time was wasted on social media. That or we will be further sucked into the limited character cultural cesspool. Hard to express nuance with a couple of sentences. We have tons more knowledge, but there's a chance this stuff might make our brains less effective.

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2018, 01:45:09 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
DeMarcus Cousins started following Julius Randle, Isaiah Thomas, and Paul George.

Well, looks like we know where he's heading to this summer, along with Paul George. Now waiting for LeBron James to unfollow the Cavs and start following those guys and his new team as well.

LOL how can the Lakers even afford all that.

They essentially need to sign three max-contracts (Lebron, George, Cousins), re-sign Randle and Thomas with Bird Rights. They'd virtually have to trade everyone else (Kuzma, Ball, Ingram, Deng) to make that work...

Dumping Deng will be tough. That a Gerald Wallace type dump required.

Absolutely fascinating off-season this one..
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2018, 03:44:10 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I want Cousins to succeed, just because of how much talent he has, but at the same time I also want the Lakers to go through Dwightmare 2.0.

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2018, 08:20:59 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Cousins is mentally challenged. He's a walking team cancer. Stay the hell away from him.

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2018, 09:01:57 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
DeMarcus Cousins started following Julius Randle, Isaiah Thomas, and Paul George.

Well, looks like we know where he's heading to this summer, along with Paul George. Now waiting for LeBron James to unfollow the Cavs and start following those guys and his new team as well.

They essentially need to sign three max-contracts (Lebron, George, Cousins), re-sign Randle and Thomas with Bird Rights. They'd virtually have to trade everyone else (Kuzma, Ball, Ingram, Deng) to make that work...

Reward a team who's willing to absorb his contract with a 1st rounder. Worked well for Danny ;)

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2018, 09:22:26 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
Reports about Instagram are in my top five of things that irritate me about sports today. 

My guess is that this is completely meaningless.

Amen. I think we will look back at this era and laugh at how much time was wasted on social media. That or we will be further sucked into the limited character cultural cesspool. Hard to express nuance with a couple of sentences. We have tons more knowledge, but there's a chance this stuff might make our brains less effective.

Ironic, though, that you're commenting on this on a message board in 328 characters.  ;)

I actually think social media will become more prevalent and culture will evolve around it to adapt to its limitations (not perfectly). But I don't think we'll look back on this as a social media era. We'll look back on it as the infancy of the next era, whatever that is.

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2018, 09:38:54 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

Reward a team who's willing to absorb his contract with a 1st rounder. Worked well for Danny ;)

I imagine for them to even dump Deng, they'd have to package Ingram or Kuzma in a deal. I highly doubt a team is taking back Deng and his contract for some mere late 1st rounder to be honest. And frankly, I imagine a team that's losing their star player is willing to just let him go for nothing than taking back a late first rounder... and Deng (LOL).

Like Ryan Anderson for Houston, Deng is going to be hard to trade. Not like Lakers have any other high draft picks coming up soon.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller