Author Topic: 2019 way to early mock draft  (Read 4768 times)

Re: 2019 way to early mock draft
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2018, 04:49:09 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Does anyone have ESPN insider that minds sharing? The Sacramento pick should be really good as the West gets even stronger. I just wanna start preparing early.

Has us drafting Nassir Little at 2.

Would be a dream come true, he projects as Kawhi Leonard, but a little more advanced offensively. Kawhi always had that issue with his shot coming into college, and eventually fixed his mechanics.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2018, 04:49:55 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
All I know is if in 3 years, Robert Williams is playing like elite Clint Capella and this Sac pick turns out to be #2 and we can add a talent like Barrett or Reddish and they develop can you imagine this team in 2021

Kyrie/Rozier
Brown/(Reddish/Barrett)
Hayward/Ojeleye
Tatum/Yabusele/Theis
Williams/Horford/Theis

In 2021 if everyone develops to best case scenario, thats a dynasty team.

Salivating at the thought of that. Holy moly.

To be completely honest, I'm actually very high on Nasir Little. I like his 7'2 wingspan, and his two way potentiality. He's absolutely a menace on the defensive end, and he's developed a more structured handle. His shot is pretty fluid, but he suffers from the same issues as Reddish in that he needs to be more assertive. I like Barrett, but I'm not that high on him, since his shot looks clunky, and he eerily reminds me of a young DeRozan. While DeRozan is absolutely a nice consolation prize in the 2019 draft, but I think Reddish/Nasir, and even Bassey/Zion (he projects to have an underrated passing ability,) could all step into that top 5 range.

Also, mock drafts have us at the 7th pick.  ::)

It is pretty cure that they assume Bagley adds like 5-7 extra wins alone. That team is messy, and doesn't seem like they know what path they are trying to head towards. Going after Hill and Z-Bo had me scratching my head.

ESPN has us 2nd taking Little.

Sorry see you already responded.

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2018, 04:59:20 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Seems our best shot at putting a package together for Davis is summer right before 2019 draft when we can package all those picks. Will know where the Sacramento pick lands.  I just don’t know what else to do with all those picks.

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2018, 05:01:15 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
They don't have Memphis (#7) or LAC (#10) converting.

2019 NBA mock draft - Projecting R.J. Barrett, Zion Williamson and prospects, pick

by Jonathan Givony on 2018-06-17

With the 2018 NBA draft in the rearview mirror, it's time to shift our full attention to next year's crop.

A lot has happened since we last updated our 2019 mock draft, including, most importantly, players' decisions on whether to stay in the 2018 NBA draft or not.

We've attended sessions of Nike's prestigious AAU circuit, the EYBL, have been to high school showcases like the Pangos All-American camp, scoured the international ranks at the Euroleague ANGT Tournament and the NBA Global Combine, and just got back from the FIBA Americas U18 Championship.

That has given us a good starting point to begin to evaluate next year's draft, as well as the 2020 crop. We'll continue that process over the course of the summer, attending the FIBA U17 World Championship, and the A and B divisions of every FIBA junior championship, including the U16, U18 and U20 tournaments. We'll cap that off with the Nike Skills Academy, the Steph Curry Camp and the Basketball Without Borders Europe camp in August. Be on the lookout for our first projection of the 2020 NBA draft in the fall.

Storylines to watch

A number of college players decided to return to school at the early-entry deadline, including Jontay Porter, P.J. Washington, Tyus Battle, Lindell Wigginton, Shamorie Ponds, Kris Wilkes, Jalen McDaniels, Carsen Edwards and Jarrey Foster, giving this group some much needed depth to fall back on. They join the likes of De'Andre Hunter, Daniel Gafford and Rui Hachimura, projected lottery picks who decided to skip testing the waters altogether.

Charles Bassey and Ashton Hagans, the No. 3 and No. 17 recruits in ESPN's 2019 high school rankings, reclassified to 2018, and became eligible for next year's draft in turn. Jalen Lecque, currently ranked No. 10, could elect to do the same still.

The lack of star power in the 2018 high school class, combined with the influx of college players, may cause you to believe we're headed for an older 2019 draft class, but that hasn't materialized yet at this stage.

The average age of players projected to be picked in the first round of our mock is 20.2 on draft day, exactly the same as the currently projected 2018 NBA draft first round.

That's fairly normal, as we often give the benefit of the doubt to younger players who we anticipate will end up improving in these types of forecasts, including the 12 freshmen and 11 rising sophomores in our mock. Only four juniors and one senior are currently projected to become first-round picks, which is highly unlikely to remain the case this time next year. We've seen older players like Jerome Robinson, Aaron Holiday, Donte DiVincenzo and Keita Bates-Diop work their way into fringe top-20 status as this year's draft process moved on, and we expect that to happen next year as well, we're just not sure with who yet.

Only four centers overall are projected to be picked in the first round as a whole, which is perhaps a better reflection of the changing nature of today's game than the big man top-heavy 2018 draft crop.

Five of the top six players projected to be picked in 2018 are centers, something that certainly won't be the case in 2019. Depending on how you define 6-foot-6 Zion Williamson, the first real center won't come off the board in 2019 until the No. 10 pick, if our current projections hold up.

Finally, it doesn't look like Europe is returning to the prominence it once held in churning out first-round picks year after year like, as we seen in the past. Only three projected first rounders in 2018 come from outside the United States and/or the NCAA system, and 2019 isn't looking much better, with only two such players (Sekou Doumbouya and Luka Samanic) currently being forecasted in the top 30.

A number of draft picks have already moved hands in 2019

Cleveland's first rounder is owned by Atlanta, protected Nos. 1-10 through 2020. It converts to second-round picks in 2021 and 2022 if not conveyed. LeBron James' impending free agency has huge implications for the Hawks as well for that reason.

Sacramento's first rounder is owned by Boston, protected only for the No. 1 pick (in which case it heads to the Philadelphia 76ers and Boston gets Philly's pick). This is a significant asset considering the fact that the Kings are currently projected to finish 29th in ESPN's early power rankings.

The Clippers' first rounder is also owned by Boston. It is lottery protected in 2019 and 2020. This pick is unlikely to convey in 2019 unless the Clippers surprisingly make the playoffs next season (projected to finish 20th).

Boston owns the Grizzlies' first-rounder as well. It is protected Nos. 1-8 next year, Nos. 1-6 in 2020 and unprotected in 2021. The Grizzlies expect to be a little better next season (23rd in the power rankings), but if things go south, an all-out tanking job may be necessary to salvage this pick.

Milwaukee's first rounder will be conveyed to Phoenix if if falls Nos. 4-16 next year, and Nos. 8-30 in 2020. The pairing of Giannis Antetokounmpo and new head coach Mike Budenholzer make it difficult to fathom this pick not rolling over to 2020. The power rankings have the Bucks finishing 12th.

The Hawks own the Mavericks' 2019 first-rounder -- top-5 protected -- after acquiring the pick in the Trae Young-Luka Doncic trade on draft night.

ESPN's post-Finals Power Rankings were used to project draft order.

2019 NBA mock draft

ATL R.J. Barrett

BOS (via SAC) Nassir Little

ORL Sekou Doumbouya

DAL Cam Reddish

PHX Romeo Langford

BKN Quentin Grimes

NYK Zion Williamson

MEM Darius Garland

CHI De'Andre Hunter

CHA Daniel Gafford

LAC Jontay Porter

DET Bol Bol

MIA Keldon Johnson

ATL (via CLE) Rui Hachimura

WAS Luka Samanic

POR Jalen Smith

OKC Herb Jones

LAL Darius Bazley

MIL Charles Bassey

IND P.J. Washington

MIN Jarrett Culver

DEN Nickeil Alexander-Walker

NOP Kris Wilkes

TOR Shamorie Ponds

SAS Lindell Wigginton

UTA Jalen McDaniels

BOS Tyus Battle

PHI Carsen Edwards

HOU Charles Matthews

GSW Jarrey Foster

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2018, 05:10:51 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
whos get n Little Bronny  :D

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2018, 05:16:16 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

In 2024 lol, that is going to be a while, hah.

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2018, 06:37:13 PM »

Offline DarrenTillis

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
We might end up with 4 1st round picks next year if things fall the right way...  My head is spinning with the possibilities.  So for now I'll just pretend it's not a thing and root for Robert Williams to pan out big time!!
We don't have room for 4 prospects and next year's draft is considered weaker at this point.  I'd prefer the Memphis pick to rollover to 2021 when it becomes unprotected.  Probably need to go ahead and get the Clippers pick because I don't want chance it rolling over to a 2nd rounder.
next year isn’t considered weaker. Source?
Star with Jonathan Givony but every time I hear it mentioned in podcasts it is referred to as weak. 

Here's a Givony tweat from a few months ago. 
Surprise? Word on the street is Daniel Gafford (#16 in the ESPN Top 100) is heavily considering going back to Arkansas next season. Nothing final yet, but seems to be heading in that direction. 2018 is loaded with big men, while 2019 looks very weak right now (at every position).
https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/978327598567653379

I've followed some of the prospects at the top 12, like Nasir, Reddish, Bassey, Barrett, and etc. They all project to have nice careers, Nasir, Reddish, and Barrett/Zion could become household names. I actually think this draft is going to have some sleepers.

Also, trust me when I say this nicely. Bol Bol will not have a long career, and I honestly think he's going to be a bust. A lot can change in an NBA prospect, so I wouldn't count him out, but boy oh boy does he just not look that great on the floor. If he wasn't like over 7'3, he wouldn't have any business being on the court.

My top 5 favorite draftees in no order:
Nasir Little
Cam Reddish
Sekou Doumbouya
Jontay Porter (If he can prove to reach his ceiling, and lower body fat %)
De'Andre Hunter

Barrett is clearly up there, but I'm not convinced his game is going to translate that well into the NBA. Then again, we've seen the same skeptics judge Tatum for his low 3P %.

I also like Luka Samanic. I think he'll be one of the sleepers in this draft. Same goes for E.J. Montgomery, who'll be alongside Bassey in the loaded frontcourt at Kentucky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzJUocedk8Q Sekou's International highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxWchEpXe4g Luka Samanic's MVP at FIBA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca8QK-u2rnw&t=434s Nasir Little's McDonald MVP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eQVNLzmZ_8 Cam Reddish

I thought Bassey was going to Western Kentucky (i.e. Courtney Lee's alma mater) not Antoine Walker's alma mater.  Did he change his mind? 

« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2018, 06:50:02 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
We might end up with 4 1st round picks next year if things fall the right way...  My head is spinning with the possibilities.  So for now I'll just pretend it's not a thing and root for Robert Williams to pan out big time!!
We don't have room for 4 prospects and next year's draft is considered weaker at this point.  I'd prefer the Memphis pick to rollover to 2021 when it becomes unprotected.  Probably need to go ahead and get the Clippers pick because I don't want chance it rolling over to a 2nd rounder.
next year isn’t considered weaker. Source?
Star with Jonathan Givony but every time I hear it mentioned in podcasts it is referred to as weak. 

Here's a Givony tweat from a few months ago. 
Surprise? Word on the street is Daniel Gafford (#16 in the ESPN Top 100) is heavily considering going back to Arkansas next season. Nothing final yet, but seems to be heading in that direction. 2018 is loaded with big men, while 2019 looks very weak right now (at every position).
https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/978327598567653379

I've followed some of the prospects at the top 12, like Nasir, Reddish, Bassey, Barrett, and etc. They all project to have nice careers, Nasir, Reddish, and Barrett/Zion could become household names. I actually think this draft is going to have some sleepers.

Also, trust me when I say this nicely. Bol Bol will not have a long career, and I honestly think he's going to be a bust. A lot can change in an NBA prospect, so I wouldn't count him out, but boy oh boy does he just not look that great on the floor. If he wasn't like over 7'3, he wouldn't have any business being on the court.

My top 5 favorite draftees in no order:
Nasir Little
Cam Reddish
Sekou Doumbouya
Jontay Porter (If he can prove to reach his ceiling, and lower body fat %)
De'Andre Hunter

Barrett is clearly up there, but I'm not convinced his game is going to translate that well into the NBA. Then again, we've seen the same skeptics judge Tatum for his low 3P %.

I also like Luka Samanic. I think he'll be one of the sleepers in this draft. Same goes for E.J. Montgomery, who'll be alongside Bassey in the loaded frontcourt at Kentucky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzJUocedk8Q Sekou's International highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxWchEpXe4g Luka Samanic's MVP at FIBA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca8QK-u2rnw&t=434s Nasir Little's McDonald MVP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eQVNLzmZ_8 Cam Reddish

I thought Bassey was going to Western Kentucky (i.e. Courtney Lee's alma mater) not Antoine Walker's alma mater.  Did he change his mind?

You are correct, that is what I meant. Blah.

« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2018, 06:57:03 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

In 2024 lol, that is going to be a while, hah.

He turns 18 on 2022 oct. Age limit will be 18 by then. Wonder if they'll allow a waiver by then of people turning 18 after the draft..  may even let him come in 2022 since he turns 18 only 4 months after the draft, they should waive it if the bday the same year. But likely its 2023
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 07:11:00 PM by CelticsElite »