Author Topic: Break Down the Big Minutes  (Read 3087 times)

Re: Break Down the Big Minutes
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2009, 09:35:17 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
30 KG, especially coming off his injury.
25 Perk
25 Sheed
16 Baby

With that said, I think sheed will play closer to 30, Perk closer to 20 if not more by getting minutes away from Baby.

In all, in order of minutes played... this will be it:

KG
Sheed
Perk

and way down Baby.

that sounds about right. it also means that kg, wallace, and perk will not be worn down when playoffs roll around. bbd will get minutes as there are bound to be blowouts, injuries, and suspensions.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2009, 09:39:06 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
Assuming all are healthy at the same time, and assuming we do re-sign Baby and Sheed's deal is done, I see:

KG: 30
Perk: 30
Sheed: 26
Davis/misc4/5: 10 min/injury insurance.

Here's why: 96 minutes total for the 4/5. Wallace is completely capable of playing either forward or center on either end. KG averaged 31 minutes a game last year, i figure a little less. Perkins averaged about 30 last year, and has actually increased his playing time each year and is only 24, so he could play more, but that's a conservative estimate. Wallace was at 32 last year, so a slight downtick to keep him fresh is ok. then whatever's left for Davis, since he's clearly the least valuable of the four. Or, he could step in if there's an injury. however, this may be why, if memphis is still interested in Davis, you could swing a sign and trade of Davis for Warrick (maybe possible since warrick hasn't seemed to garner as much interest, and could sign for about 2.5 per year or so and memphis is under the cap) because warrick can play the 3 or the 4 and is super athletic.

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2009, 09:50:29 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
I think it will be more like KG 30, Sheed 30, Perk 26 and Scals/free agent pickup 10.

I just don't think you can afford to pay Baby 4 mil per to be the 4th big in a rotation, at least not when your wings make 40 mil per and your 1 is coming up for a fat extension. 

2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2009, 09:52:43 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2528
I think it will be more like KG 30, Sheed 30, Perk 26 and Scals/free agent pickup 10.

I just don't think you can afford to pay Baby 4 mil per to be the 4th big in a rotation, at least not when your wings make 40 mil per and your 1 is coming up for a fat extension. 

Agreed.  BBD is gone in all likelihood.  An S&T to fill another need would be nice, but probably not likely since a team can sign him for about 4 mill without giving up anything in return and be fairly certain that he won't be matched.