Author Topic: According to ESPN.com, Carmelo Anthony is very likely to leave the Nuggets.  (Read 8183 times)

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
They didn't trade Amare and he left without getting anything.

Well, technically, they did a S&T and got back a big trade exception and a conditional second round pick.  They have used that exception (or most of it) for a net result of sending out Amare Stoudemire and two second-round picks for Josh Childress, Hakim Warrick, and a conditional second round pick that they are unlikely to receive.  Would the Suns have been better off if they had been able to make the rumored proposed deal of Stoudemire to Cleveland for JJ Hickson and the expiring contract of Z Ilgauskus (who would have been bought out)?

I think the Cavs stopped that Amare deal, but we can't be certain.  Completely stupid too because the genius that is Mike Brown didn't even play JJ Hickson (despite how great he was in the rotation for them during the regular season) and the Cavs lost LeBron.  SO if the Cavs being unwilling to part with Hickson was what stopped that trade, they are completely stupid.

Amare would of been great with LeBron.  I think they at least would of put up a much better fight against us, maybe won.  LBJ always needed a banger, not another spot up shooter like he got with Jamison (who you could see cracking under the pressure from the moment he got there, he could hardly shoot FT's).  And common sense wise, JJ Hickson is at best Amare one day.  He gets paid less now, sure, but again they didn't even play him in the Playoffs inexplicably.

The Suns would of been better off with that trade for sure.  Warrick is a bench player and Hickson would be a good replacement for what Amare brough, not as good at all but he is a good finisher around the rim and solid player already and will continue to get better.  Like Amare would of really benefitted from Nash too.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I don't believe the Cavalier's backed out of trading for Amar'e. The Suns wanted more than Hickson and a first round pick to move him.

The Cavs never upped their offer beyond that, and then made the Jamison trade which was their fall back option.