Author Topic: Lebron Heartless?  (Read 7946 times)

Re: Lebron Heartless?
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2008, 10:30:51 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
After Lebron scored 29 of Cleveland's last 30 points last year in Game 5 against Detroit, I have a hard time questioning his heart. 

He carried his team to the Finals last year, he led the league in fourth quarter scoring this year, and he pushed the Celtics to the brink of elimination a few weeks ago.  I see nothing in his play that makes me wonder about whether he's committed to winning.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2008, 11:18:01 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
Bron's got all the physical tools to be the greatest NBA Baller ever.

But I think he lacks the heart, the love for the game.

{When asked if he watched the NBA Finals, forward LeBron James of the Cavaliers said, "No. I was busy. It wasn't something that was high on my list."}

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/articles/2008/06/29/bryant_isnt_flagging/

He might really have been busy...maybe with family stuff, who really knows?

But if you love the game, truly love the game...you would have watched the first Lakers/Celtics Finals since 1987.

You would have scouted how to defend Kobe or Paul Pierce and MORE!

no disrespect, but this is lame! 

1- the guy was one game away from going to the finals, so it may have been painful to watch. 

2- why watch games when u can find out what happens without watching.

3- he was just eliminated and needed time to rest/heal, especially since he is playing this summer

4- he may not have elected for down time and instead chose to work on his game for the olympics

5- maybe he wanted to take a family trip, since he had free time.

there are alot of reasons for him not to watch, more than i listed as well.  not watching the finals means you dont have heart.....i guess larry bird was heartless, as larry said he never watched if he wasnt playing in it.

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2008, 12:16:02 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
I shouldn't have said he was heartless.

What I mean is that maybe Lebron doesn't have enough love for the game.

If you truly love the game you'd watch the Championship Round...even if it were the Spurs VS Detroit.

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2008, 12:36:11 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

You thin LeBron's going to figure things out watching a game on tv that he isn't going to catch in all of the film he watches that's broken down for him by the coaching staff?

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2008, 12:37:56 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
he's just kickin' back until he moves to brooklyn. he knows he wont win a title in cleveland.

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2008, 01:02:42 PM »

Offline PointGaurd

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 8
That's what I call "Crazy Talk"

Lebron is top 3 players in the league easily!!  Heart, courage, IQ whatever you want to factor in.  Geeesh, this is the same guy who took his team (horrible team) to the finals just last year!!  Are you kidding me!  The same guy who took us to 7 games this year.  That ws the toughest series we had.  He played harder and tougher than Kobe did!!  Crazy talk

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2008, 01:10:22 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
He was playing with a group of scrubs that resembled the 2007 Boston Celtics and yet he came 5 points from taking our team down.  It took one of the greatest games of Paul Pierce's career to keep us from falling.  Bron's the best player in the game.  He's scary good.  I just don't think it appeals to him to watch two teams play for a title that he was so close to fighting for.

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2008, 01:16:25 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315

You thin LeBron's going to figure things out watching a game on tv that he isn't going to catch in all of the film he watches that's broken down for him by the coaching staff?

That will be helpful to watch the coaches break down video...but I don't know if they will do that for the Finals for Lebron.

I would assume if Lebron wanted to see how the Celtics defended Kobe in the Finals and then was able to compare how they defended himself in the Semi Finals....it would be good for him.

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2008, 01:26:05 PM »

Online CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
After reading his quote, I wouldn't call him heartless.  I think he just comes off as conceited.  He makes it sound like his life is too important to be bothered by something as trivial as the NBA Finals.  Something tells me LeBron would've found the time in his busy life if his team were actually still in the playoffs.

All he had to say was something along the lines of not liking to watch after his teams eliminated because the competitor in him wants to be playing.

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2008, 01:39:08 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
I shouldn't have said he was heartless.

What I mean is that maybe Lebron doesn't have enough love for the game.

If you truly love the game you'd watch the Championship Round...even if it were the Spurs VS Detroit.

where do u get off saying he doesnt have love for the game? he chose not to watch it, thats his choice. it has no impact on his heart, love for the game, or anything else u want to falsly accuse him of. 

as i said in my previous post, there are several possible explanations for his choosing not to watch.

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2008, 04:04:58 PM »

Offline iowa plowboy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
The primadonna is participating in the great dog and pony show this summer.  So he's essentially playing 11 months this season. 

Why would he waste his time watching somebody else play basketball?  Finals or not?  Give the primadonna a break.  He deserves a little time off from the adoring media.

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2008, 04:40:26 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
After reading his quote, I wouldn't call him heartless.  I think he just comes off as conceited.  He makes it sound like his life is too important to be bothered by something as trivial as the NBA Finals.  Something tells me LeBron would've found the time in his busy life if his team were actually still in the playoffs.

All he had to say was something along the lines of not liking to watch after his teams eliminated because the competitor in him wants to be playing.

if his team was still in the playoffs, he would be playing in the nba finals...don't really get the point of that comparison.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion