Author Topic: Lebron Heartless?  (Read 7945 times)

Lebron Heartless?
« on: June 29, 2008, 07:01:47 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Bron's got all the physical tools to be the greatest NBA Baller ever.

But I think he lacks the heart, the love for the game.

{When asked if he watched the NBA Finals, forward LeBron James of the Cavaliers said, "No. I was busy. It wasn't something that was high on my list."}

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/articles/2008/06/29/bryant_isnt_flagging/

He might really have been busy...maybe with family stuff, who really knows?

But if you love the game, truly love the game...you would have watched the first Lakers/Celtics Finals since 1987.

You would have scouted how to defend Kobe or Paul Pierce and MORE!

Re: Lebron Heartless?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 07:04:29 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
Weird because after we beat CLE he said that he would definitely be watching the games because he is a huge fan of the NBA.

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 07:07:01 PM »

Offline SShoreFan 2.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 201
totally disagree with the premise. 

One of two scenarios: 
#1.  If I were one of the top few greatest players in the world, if not the greatest and I had not just lost in 7 game series without making it back to the finals and if I was facing the off season challenges Lebron and others are facing w/ the Olympics in China, there's a good chance I would need some down time as well.

#2.  He may have very well watched the entire thing (doubtful) but the competitor in him doesn't allow him to admit it --- we see this all the time with players.

Either way, Lebron is called King James for a reason and with that title comes more competitive heart than most of us put together.
I love my kids, call me a sap - it's true.

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 07:10:39 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
More like Lebron wanting some time away from basketball.  Plus, how often do you want to watch the team that eliminated you go for the title you want? 

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008, 07:13:21 PM »

Offline bbc3341

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23
Bird said he never watched the finals when he was playing....
Now, on to 18...

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2008, 07:35:11 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
totally disagree with the premise. 
If I were one of the top few greatest players in the world, if not the greatest and I had not just lost in 7 game series without making it back to the finals and if I was facing the off season challenges Lebron and others are facing w/ the Olympics in China, there's a good chance I would need some down time as well.

Because watching basketball on tv is so draining mentally and physically ::)  (Well it was for me a few yrs ago when every time Scal came in the game, but that's a different story :D )

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2008, 08:17:31 PM »

Offline TheReaLPuba

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
You know he watched it.

He wanted to see what the C's defense would do to Kobe so he wouldn't feel half as bad as he did shooting so poorly all ECF.

He won't admit it though plus he probably didn't watch the games live through out because he was preparing for this little thing called the Olympics.

Anyways...it doesn't mean he lacks heart he just kinda still upset losing when he made the Finals last year.

His "One, Two, Three, Championship" mantra really hasn't come to fruition....

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2008, 08:37:42 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
Bird said he never watched the finals when he was playing....

Right, and KG said he barely watched any of it last year and didn't watch all of the playoffs when he wasn't in them.  I don't see this as being heartless at all.

I actually like LeBron most of the time.  He can be cocky and arrogant and talk about himself in the third person at times, but he gives it his all and is a heck of a player.  I see him being just as good if not better than Kobe eventually and he is a lot more likable person.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2008, 08:41:06 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
Either way, Lebron is called King James for a reason

The media?
God bless and good night!

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2008, 08:49:39 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

The media?

Marketing. 

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2008, 08:50:22 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
God bless and good night!

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2008, 09:48:49 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I don't get the premise. LeBron doesn't watch another team play for the championship he desires so much and he has no heart?

What? I don't get it?

I judge a guys heart on the court by what he does on the court and in the locker room.

LeBron has a huge heart.

There are not a lot of 22 year old kids that personally carried a basketball team to the NCAA Finals never mind the NBA Finals. How his heart can be questioned simply for not admitting to turning on a basketball game that has nothing to do with him astounds me.

I think LeBron not admitting to watching the Finals makes him nothing more than disinterested in the outcome of the championship and nothing more.

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2008, 10:11:18 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Id think it would be a little painful for him to be watching the finals after he got knocked out of the playoffs.

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2008, 10:20:11 PM »

Offline Mean Gerald Green

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 212
  • Cool Runnings

The media?

Should be called 'King Crybaby'.

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2008, 10:28:03 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
Id think it would be a little painful for him to be watching the finals after he got knocked out of the playoffs.

In some ways I can see what your saying, and it'd be my argument for why I don't think he'd watch

But at the same time, I may watch just to get angrier and hungrier for next year, you know, like this should be mine, I want this - you get the feeling the 3 Party felt that way and once the gears were clicking in the playoffs it really showed

But to call Bron out as heartless I think is unfair - he's the best basketball player on the planet, he hasn't had a worthy supporting cast - no individual has done it completely by himself, not even his airness, so cut the guy some slack - I think he'll win 5 titles by the time he retires  (maybe they'll be in green, stranger things have happened!)

He looks good in green, no? It brings out his complexion well
When you love life, life loves you right back