Author Topic: How many points are the T Wolves going to give up per game?  (Read 2504 times)

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Who's playing defense on this team?!

Foye
Miller
Gomes
Love
Jefferson

I still like the move by McHale, if only b/c I think he can package Miller and one of his swing men for somebody else. But jeez, i hope for Al Jeff and Gomes that this isn't their starting lineup at the beginning of the season.

Re: How many points are the T Wolves going to give up per game?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 06:59:29 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Foye
Miller
Gomes
Love
Jefferson

I still like the move by McHale, if only b/c I think he can package Miller and one of his swing men for somebody else. But jeez, i hope for Al Jeff and Gomes that this isn't their starting lineup at the beginning of the season.

How much better would it had been with Mayo and Walker?

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 07:10:37 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404

Foye
Miller
Gomes
Love
Jefferson

How much better would it had been with Mayo and Walker?
Chalmers-Mayo-Brewer and it would have been a lot better. They would have had a good perimeter defense and potentially a very good perimeter defense.

I'm bringing in Foye and McCants as my 6th and 7th men off the bench. Those five guys are my perimeter rotation. You have no idea how quickly I'm kicking Ryan Gomes out of Minnesota. Then I'm looking to replace McCants for someone with better size defensively.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 07:29:15 PM by Who »

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 07:24:48 PM »

Offline wolfceltic215

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
  • all hail garfield-sama!
They need a true Center..
1, 2, 3 UBUNTU!

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2008, 07:34:36 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Wolves were 27th in defensive efficiency behind the Grizzlies, Knicks and Bucks. Only 1 point separated the Wolves and Bucks.

The Bucks signed Scott Skiles and upgraded their D by acquiring Richard Jefferson. Heck they shouldn't have been that bad defensively anyway. So let's assume they work their way up from that bottom spot.

The Grizzlies added a perimeter player who plays defense and an actual power forward instead Warrick. That'll help. Marc Gasol gives some, if not individual defense, extra size behind Darko to balance the floor a bit better defensively. That should help. Still I'm not convinced they get much of a jump, it's more about how they buy into it collectively and I'm doubtful that they will. Wait and see I think.

The Knicks are the Knicks. Added no defensive players, unlikely to add defensive players for fear of adding more money against their cap. They'll be comparable to last season. Maybe their offense can keep them in a few more games and there won't be so many second half heartless mail it in efforts which pumped their defensive numbers negatively.

Do the Wolves have a legit shot at number one? Yep. I think they'll stay top five but they have a shot at number one.

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2008, 08:14:04 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
Eh the Wolves weren't going to compete this year with or without Mayo. And I don't think he's a point guard fwiw, so with or without Mayo they still needed to get a point guard down the road. They got rid of Jaric (which was the worst contract in the deal) and eventually might get something good for Miller, but in the meantime, he'll compliment big Al well. I wouldn't be surprised if in next year's draft they draft the top point guard and things fall into place a lot better. You add a Derrick Rose like point guard to Foye, Miller, Love and Jefferson and you got an interesting team. I don't think a big man rotation of Al, Love, and Collins will be as bad as people think. Most teams don't have legitimate starting NBA centers.