Author Topic: Is Michael Phelps caught smoking marijuana that bad ????  (Read 3026 times)

Is Michael Phelps caught smoking marijuana that bad ????
« on: February 02, 2009, 12:52:03 PM »

Offline DinoRadjaLives

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
Today I saw the picture of Michael Phelps with a bong to his mouth, I also saw many headlines saying what a shame this is and how horrific it will be for his career. Am I missing the boat when I think that this isn't that big of a deal. I mean the guy is in his early twenties and was out partying. He wasn't driving drunk or with a prostitute or even beating his wife/girlfriend. He was smoking a little weed at a party.

In todays society there are so many athletes that get arrested for some real offenses and are not even mentioned, but this kid somkes some weed and it is the end of his career. Last nights Superbowl MVP Santonio Holmes has been arrested twice for domestic abuse, Ray Lewis allegedly participated in a shooting.

I think that the press is making a big deal out of this and that the kid should not be judged so harshly.
"The Boston Celtics are not a basketball team, they are a way of life" - Red Auerbach

Re: Is Michael Phelps caught smoking marijuana that bad ????
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 12:58:20 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I think its about as bad as the majority of the press is making it out to be...pretty much a joke.  Yeah, it is getting a lot of coverage, but so does **** looking a little too chubby, or one of the Jonas Brothers swearing, or Tom Brady being fed by a supermodel, like he was a little baby.

This will blow over in a day or two, and will just provide some nice jokes for the late night TV crowd. 

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 01:04:38 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
This exact thread has already happened, and been locked. I wanted to put my two cents in before it got locked but everyone pretty much covered every angle already. To recap the last thread these were most of the opinions.
1. Smoking weed isn't that bad
2. Weed is Illegal and he's damaging his image
3. What about the children?
4. It doesn't change my opinion he's a 23 year old kid.

I personally agree with 1 and 4.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 01:05:46 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
As noted above, this thread was already locked once.  There's no need to rehash the same arguments, which will inevitably lead to a string of "legalize it" posts.

Locked.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions