Author Topic: UEFA Champions League 2010  (Read 31082 times)

UEFA Champions League 2010
« on: March 23, 2010, 04:42:03 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
This thread is dedicated to discussion of 2010 UEFA Champions League soccer.

2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

Re: UEFA Champions League 2010
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 04:42:15 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Barcelona destroyed Stuttgart 4 to zip, and clearly out-classed their opponent. Great offensive game ... Messi and Rodriguez are amazing.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 05:25:32 PM »

Offline Scott

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
My money is on a Barcelona / Man U final.

Messi is on another level and Rooney is in great form too.

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 04:17:05 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I think Jose Mourinho will win.

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 05:22:25 AM »

Offline rav123

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48
I'm a Barca fan. I think we have a harder run-in on our side of the draw than Man U (Arsenal then Inter/CSKA, as opposed to Bayern then Bordeaux/lyon)

Really looking forward to the games with Arsenal though. Two brilliant attacking teams who play football that is so fun to watch. Too many teams try and stall the game against Barcelona, but Arsenal are the only team game enough to try and beat them at their own game.

Funnily enough, my second favourite team is Arsenal. Anyway, I'm just glad that Teal Madrid lost  ;D

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 05:38:06 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
I'm a Barca fan. I think we have a harder run-in on our side of the draw than Man U (Arsenal then Inter/CSKA, as opposed to Bayern then Bordeaux/lyon)

Really looking forward to the games with Arsenal though. Two brilliant attacking teams who play football that is so fun to watch. Too many teams try and stall the game against Barcelona, but Arsenal are the only team game enough to try and beat them at their own game.

Funnily enough, my second favourite team is Arsenal. Anyway, I'm just glad that Teal Madrid lost  ;D
How about that Arshavin-Messi and Bentdner-Henry matchup.
I'm a huge Arsenal fan and this will be games worth of recording, both teams are at season peaks.
COMON Arsenal!!  :) :)
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 06:11:21 AM »

Offline DavorCroatiaFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 97
Manchester United fan here. Hope to see Barca in finals rematch...
No1 Celtics fan in Croatia

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 06:21:24 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
My only concern about ManU is whether they can keep up the pace. IMHO they luck the depth barcelona has ,not the mention quality (i`ll hate my self for admitting that)

Messi and Rooney are definately the best players so far in the season.

I realy realy hope that Inter won`t qualify. I like Jose but inter .... oh man. I can`t stand this team.

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2010, 04:36:27 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Great ending to Bayern vs Man Utd ... excellent effort by Olic to run down a loose ball between four United players, steal it away from them, and finish tidily around Van Der Sar. Almost the last kick of the match.

I'm pulling for Bayern Munich to knock out United. Hopefully, they'll finish it off in the second leg. I'd like to see Lyon win the other quarter final and they're up 3-1 at the moment so they're looking good too. I'd like to see Arsenal beat Barcelona in the other tie and Inter to defeat CSKA.

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2010, 04:46:43 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
Great ending to Bayern vs Man Utd ... excellent effort by Olic to run down a loose ball between four United players, steal it away from them, and finish tidily around Van Der Sar. Almost the last kick of the match.

I'm pulling for Bayern Munich to knock out United. Hopefully, they'll finish it off in the second leg. I'd like to see Lyon win the other quarter final and they're up 3-1 at the moment so they're looking good too. I'd like to see Arsenal beat Barcelona in the other tie and Inter to defeat CSKA.
I want the germans to win too. Arsenal deserve to win the cup for the first time in their history, but won't be easy without Van Persie and also Fabregas isn't 100% fit.

I hate United and especially Inter so any team other than them to win it, would be fine by me.
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2010, 04:48:10 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
This thread is dedicated to discussion of 2010 UEFA Champions League soccer.

So, no soccer bashing?  :D

Disappointing loss for Man Utd. I just hope Rooney is okay. Oh, well. There's still a match to be played at Old Trafford. Go Red Devils!

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2010, 04:53:24 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
I am so mad right now.  >:(

Whatever happened to Manchester United trying to get Ribery?

And... I also hope Rooney is okay, that looked terrible.  :-\

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2010, 05:31:29 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith

I want the germans to win too. Arsenal deserve to win the cup for the first time in their history, but won't be easy without Van Persie and also Fabregas isn't 100% fit.

I hate United and especially Inter so any team other than them to win it, would be fine by me.
Yeah, it doesn't look good for Arsenal. Barcelona should take them ... but I'm hoping it goes the other way.

I'm pulling for Inter Milan to win it because of Jose Mourinho -- I'm a Chelsea fan.

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2010, 06:30:51 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes

Yeah, it doesn't look good for Arsenal. Barcelona should take them ... but I'm hoping it goes the other way.

I'm pulling for Inter Milan to win it because of Jose Mourinho -- I'm a Chelsea fan.
I'm AC Milan fan, so Mourinho is not one of my favorite people :)
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2010, 04:29:42 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Barcelona put on a show for the first 65 minutes of the match and completely outclassed Arsenal. It was a sight to see. Beautiful football.

But full credit to Arsenal, they've fought back and tied the game at 2-2. Great comeback.

No Pique or Puyol in the second leg due to suspensions. This tie has suddenly gotten very interesting.