Author Topic: EPL Season  (Read 28814 times)

Re: EPL Season
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2008, 06:00:25 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
I recorded the Newcastle-Wigan game and just finished watching it, so now I'm going to vent. Bramble. Titus @!*$(#& Bramble. It had to be him. All because Habib Beye is a godforsaken idiot who headed the ball out for a corner instead of letting an undeterred Shay Given haul it in. Unbelievable. Tying Wigan. AT ST. JAMES!!!

NUFC is going to get relegated if they continue to leave points on the table against terrible teams. And I have trouble following them as it is, and they're still in the Premiership. Surely I won't be able to find a [dang] thing about them when they get sent down.

Sorry guys, I have nowhere else to send this.

I think there's a good chance you go down. Imagine if Newcastle, Spurs and Man City all go down. That would be insane.

« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2008, 11:09:49 AM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
I recorded the Newcastle-Wigan game and just finished watching it, so now I'm going to vent. Bramble. Titus @!*$(#& Bramble. It had to be him. All because Habib Beye is a godforsaken idiot who headed the ball out for a corner instead of letting an undeterred Shay Given haul it in. Unbelievable. Tying Wigan. AT ST. JAMES!!!

NUFC is going to get relegated if they continue to leave points on the table against terrible teams. And I have trouble following them as it is, and they're still in the Premiership. Surely I won't be able to find a [dang] thing about them when they get sent down.

Sorry guys, I have nowhere else to send this.

I think there's a good chance you go down. Imagine if Newcastle, Spurs and Man City all go down. That would be insane.

That would be a crazy season indeed. Unfortunately, WBA is really really bad. I think City will turn it around in a bit... It's a long season. NUFC has been unlucky in the early going, but they've played pretty inconsistent too. They beat Villa 2-0 earlier and looked great, and tied Man U at Trafford, but then again they've lost to Fulham, Hull, West Ham, Blackburn, and Sunderland, along with the obligatory Arsenal shellacking. And it won't get easier... Chelsea at Stamford on Saturday. Umm... trap game? Maybe? They do have Arsenal the week after.

Who am I kidding? 3-0 Blues this weekend

EDIT: spelling
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 11:27:21 AM by Hoyo de Monterrey »
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2008, 07:33:18 PM »

• Don Chaney
Dear Liverpool, Manchester United, and Arsenal,

You're welcome.

Sincerely,

Newcastle United

0-0 @ Stamford Bridge...  ;D

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2008, 06:30:17 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
Dear Newcastle, thanks for helping us out, but we were too shabby to take advantage of it and only have ourselves to blame.

Regards,

Manchester United.

PS. Chelsea are our only rivals. Arsenal are a bad team as I've been saying for a while now and Liverpool don't have the balls to challenge in April/May.

« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2008, 08:41:31 AM »

Offline Scott

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
I am just happy that Tottenham have climbed out of the relegation zone ......... for now at least.

« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2008, 03:19:55 PM »

• Don Chaney
Haven't posted here for awhile, but have to after today.

Great decision at Portsmouth for the Toon, 3-0 victory looks quite nice, and surely was too good to be true yesterday. Happy birthday Michael Owen indeed... That'll make up for the stupid 2-2 draw last week vs. Stoke.

Scott, we have a good one coming up the 21st Tottenham and Newcastle at St. James... It's actually on Fox Soccer Channel too if you get it... Glad for that.

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2009, 08:15:02 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
On Man City ....

This is somewhat similar to what I feared back in September when City signed Robinho, that they acquired a very talented player who didn't fit in with the squad and would be a disruptive influence despite his best intentions.

I thought City were on to a great thing with their team coming into the season. I thought they had a solid back four. Then they should play two defensive midfielders to provide that back line a lot of protection - Kompany and Hamann - with those two players giving City a well organized side that was hard to get at. Up front ... I loved the width, pace, intelligence, and goal scoring ways of their three attacking midfielders - Petrov, Elano and SWP with Ireland acting the super sub - with one player up front who'd be willing to do the donkey work in order to allow those three midfielders play with freedom and reckless abandon (hopeful Jo could be that). Someone who'd hold the ball up, bring players into play, win a few headers, run into the channels, and then score the odd goal every once in awhile.

I thought that would have been a typical Mark Hughes team. A hard working team that goes after it hard on both ends of the pitch and doesn't give up an inch to the opposition, a tough team who'd be hard to play against.

I felt City would be right outside the Big Four or possibly up where Aston Villa are now. Instead they scrapped what's best for the team as a whole and tried to fit in a very talented player Robinho, and in the process they've limited players like Elano and SWP and taken the squad away from what they could have been.

Robinho has been very impressive this season with 11 goals and 3 assists in 15 games this season. I've come away impressed with his effort more often than not too (surprised at that) ....

But he just doesn't fit into what the overall squad. I think this team would have been much further up the table (15th now) if Robinho hadn't of been signed.

Hopefully City can make a lot of additions in this transfer window and build an actual team. Then put 11 players on the pitch who complement one another and can play together with good balance. If Robinho is their future then they need to build a squad around him properly.

I don't want to see this misshaped team for another 5 months .... reminding me every day of what I felt they could have been if they put their best team on show instead of their best player and 10 guys.

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2009, 08:24:05 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

I want to wish Man City good luck
this season. I saw them in two games
against Danish team Midtjylland in the
UEFA Cup and they did not impress me.

A prediction of sorts?  ;)

Man City meet my local favorites FCK
(FC Copenhagen) in the UEFA Cup's
first round of the final stages and
I expect my boys to win and go through.

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2009, 08:33:22 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
Who, ACF, it looks like City's fortunes are about to take a turn for the better.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/7827696.stm

I think this makes a mockery of the game.

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2009, 08:38:22 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Who, ACF, it looks like City's fortunes are about to take a turn for the better.

I was actually just reading that Kaka story as you posted this.

Heck, that's a phenomenal amount of money. I'd take that if I were Kaka. Too much money to turn down. Kaka seems fairly devout to his philosophies in life, so maybe he'll turn it down in order to stay at AC Milan. I think he should take the money though.

It's going to be an exciting transfer window for Man City fans.

« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2009, 08:41:47 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

Aren't they just doing what Real Madrid
has done for so many years? Buy the "best"
players and hope for a miracle.

« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2009, 08:43:15 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker

I was actually just reading that Kaka story as you posted this.

Heck, that's a phenomenal amount of money. I'd take that if I were Kaka. Too much money to turn down. Kaka seems fairly devout to his philosophies in life, so maybe he'll turn it down in order to stay at AC Milan. I think he should take the money though.

It's going to be an exciting transfer window for Man City fans.

£500,000 per week, that's what $780,000 a week? It's an absurd amount of money and if I were Kaka I would jump at it. I find it to be a disgrace that they would offer this and Fifa would allow it. I've always been against a salary cap in football, but this may be the last straw for me.

« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2009, 02:14:31 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
Federico Macheda. Wow. What an introduction young fella.

Point clear + game in hand = relieved maestro.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 02:53:09 PM by celticmaestro »

« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2009, 03:35:59 PM »

• Don Chaney
I'm going to need all EPL fans on deck to help me with a potential problem if Newcastle gets relegated, which is looking completely likely. I have a bad feeling about the way the rest of the campaign is looking, even with Shearer.

« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2009, 08:33:18 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
The Premiere Season kicked off this weekend with some interesting results:

Fulham loses to Championship Promoted Hull City, Man-U (at home) draws against Newcastle, my team, Chelsea, puts up four against Portsmouth, who just last week went to penalty kicks against Man-U.

Looks like it's going to be a good season.  Chelsea will take the crown from Man-U with Liverpool in second.

Go Chelsea....... 

Predictions are made just to show how stupid one is.  Looks like ManU, the Reds, and then the Blues.

Off season will be fun.  Hoefully Chelsea can convince Kiddink to stay.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."