Author Topic: Standings watch for C's picks in 2015  (Read 67079 times)

Re: Standings watch for C's picks in 2015
« Reply #225 on: April 16, 2015, 11:37:10 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Thought regarding the Clippers excellent finish and strong year, maybe Doc Rivers knows how to coach after all. ????

« Reply #226 on: April 16, 2015, 11:41:34 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Thought regarding the Clippers excellent finish and strong year, maybe Doc Rivers knows how to coach after all. ????
Lol true. Does seem like Doc learns to coach usually after injuries or trades were he is forced into using a player he has placed in the dog house and been ignoring. Another fine year from Doc lol

« Reply #227 on: April 16, 2015, 11:54:30 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
nope, that's not it.  I'm  more inclined to believe it's the quality of the roster as well as the other Western teams not getting it together.

« Reply #228 on: April 16, 2015, 03:11:08 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 919
FINAL STANDINGS WATCH  as of the end of the regular season
Boston Pick
#16 due to #7 seed in Eastern conference. 

Games Behind    Current Wins     Games Left    Last 10
Milwaukee       +1                        41                   0                 5-5
Boston            even                  40                     0               8-2
Phoenix           1                         39                    0                 1-9  (different conference)
Brooklyn          2                         38                     0                6-4
================Playoff Team Cut-off===============================
Indiana             2                         38                     0              7-3
Utah                 2                         38                     0              7-3  different conference
Miami               3                         37                     0              4-6

--> Winning percentage would have had them at #15 so only one team in the West with a better record will get a better pick than them -- of course that's OKC so it's another case of the rich getting richer.  In the end, C's were in a very tight cluster of teams where 2 wins or losses could have swung their position in the playoffs and the draft.

Clips Pick #27/#28 - to be determined by coin flip with Houston
                Games Behind    Current Wins   Games Left   Last 10
Houston           even                      56                   0                 7-3
Clippers            even                      56                   0                 9-1
Memphis           1                         55                    0                5-5
SA                     1                        55                    0                9-1
Cleveland          3                         53                    0                7-3

--> just so aggravated neither Cleveland nor SA could catch and pass them.   even more frustrated that Memphis, Dallas, Portland and the Rockets couldn't hold on to their advantage over them.  the fact the Clips put on a real push late in the season irritated me too.  need to break out my thesaurus for new ways to to express my displeasure at how this pick turned out.

Thanks to those who kept up with reading the thread.   I may do this again next year when the C's are looking at getting their pick, the Nets pick and the Dallas pick.  maybe I'll track the second rounder too just to drive myself crazy   ;D

Never too early to start!  Okay, maybe you deserve some time off.  You can start Monday.  ;D

Don't forget, if Minnesota finishes >12, we get their pick, also.  Okay, I'm not saying it's gonna happen, but cut out the injuries and add a decent draft pick to Wiggins and they could sneak into the playoffs.

Ideal scenario for next year:
Us/Brooklyn: #1
Us/Brooklyn: #2
Dallas: #8
Minnesota: #13

Mike

« Reply #229 on: April 17, 2015, 03:55:29 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
TP for being my most frequent reader Mef.

from a draft perspective, that would be the ideal but I have to admit I'm hoping the C's make the playoffs again after having played a great season again.  I can live just fine with the other 3 picks in the lottery :)

« Reply #230 on: April 17, 2015, 04:10:12 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

OK coach, awful GM.

He's got one of the best 3 man combos in the league in Paul, Griffin, and Deandre.  Hard to win fewer than 55 games with that.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain