Author Topic: Hayward’s Screws removed  (Read 8522 times)

Re: Hayward’s Screws removed
« Reply #90 on: May 31, 2018, 10:18:17 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
At this point Hayward/Tatum/Brown are all very close offensively, but their games are different and I think they are going to work very well together.

Next season is going to be fun! Can't wait. We should be both an offensive and defensive juggernaut.
I certainly don't agree that those three are close offensively. Brown and Tatum might be close, but Hayward, if healthy, is distinctly better than the other two. Now, Tatum has shown some signs that he is on a track to be a star, and maybe he will get there as soon as next year, but as of now, Hayward is clearly better.

So you're giving the nod to the guy who won't have played meaningful basketball in nearly two years? (Well, more like a year and a half actually.)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 10:30:47 PM by KungPoweChicken »

« Reply #91 on: June 01, 2018, 01:01:24 AM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
At this point Hayward/Tatum/Brown are all very close offensively, but their games are different and I think they are going to work very well together.

Next season is going to be fun! Can't wait. We should be both an offensive and defensive juggernaut.
I certainly don't agree that those three are close offensively. Brown and Tatum might be close, but Hayward, if healthy, is distinctly better than the other two. Now, Tatum has shown some signs that he is on a track to be a star, and maybe he will get there as soon as next year, but as of now, Hayward is clearly better.

Completely agree

« Reply #92 on: June 01, 2018, 01:22:51 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Completely agree
Agree too! Hayward is definitely being underrated by many, lol
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #93 on: June 01, 2018, 03:13:39 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

I’d say Tatum has a higher offensive ceiling, but right now both he and Brown are not close to Hayward.

Hayward over his last three seasons averaged 20/5/4 on 45/37/83.

If we have two more guys who can do that, AND Kyrie.... wow.

Still can’t wait to see Irving/Brown/Hayward/Tatum/Horford. I was on vacation the first game with spotty reception at tip off and when I finally got service I had multiple texts about the injury that I never put the game on, so I never even saw the first 5 minutes of the season (I subsequently saw the second half on the TNT replay later that night at the hotel after my nausea subsided).

That lineup could be a thing of absolute beauty. I don’t know how they can defended. Big, fast, athletic. All five can put the ball on the floor and get to the rim or hit a three in your face. Good luck NBA, 2018 was just a taste of things to come from Boston.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #94 on: June 01, 2018, 04:18:14 AM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
Here's Tatum vs Brown vs Hayward based on this year (and last for Hayward):
http://bkref.com/tiny/0Tz0x

Focus on stats per 100 possessions and advanced stats to equalize.

Rebounds: even
Assists: Hayward by a landslide
Free throws: Hayward by a landslide (makes), also %
FG/3PT%: pretty close across the board
TS%: Hayward
Turnovers: Hayward lowest rate on highest usage
+/-: Hayward by a landslide
STL: even
BLK: Hayward last

Tatum & Brown will continue to improve, and Hayward is obviously coming back from a major injury, but in terms of NBA games already played Hayward has reached a higher offensive level. Tatum has the highest offensive ceiling IMO but he may not surpass Hayward's peak for another couple years.

« Reply #95 on: June 01, 2018, 05:34:16 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 732
Does anyone know if this is standard procedure or is this a complication of the injury?

Standard.  While people can live their lives with a plate and screws, there's a small possibility that it could lead to tendon rupture.  They're more often removed in younger people, usually 6 months to 1 year after insertion.  It's a good sign -- while planned, I doubt they'd rush it unless they were confident that he's healed well thus far.

Knee tendon or ankle tendon and why does it cause it to rupture ?
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #96 on: June 01, 2018, 05:48:03 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Does anyone know if this is standard procedure or is this a complication of the injury?

Standard.  While people can live their lives with a plate and screws, there's a small possibility that it could lead to tendon rupture.  They're more often removed in younger people, usually 6 months to 1 year after insertion.  It's a good sign -- while planned, I doubt they'd rush it unless they were confident that he's healed well thus far.

Knee tendon or ankle tendon and why does it cause it to rupture ?
Peroneal tendon, which runs down the lower leg and ankle. I'm not sure about rupturing, but with Hayward it was causing him irritation, and with his ankle and leg being "structurally sound" I assume there's no need for them at all
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)