Author Topic: Knicks (2-0) at Celtics (0-2) Game 3 4/26  (Read 68380 times)

Re: Knicks (2-0) at Celtics (0-2) Game 3 4/26
« Reply #300 on: April 26, 2013, 09:22:50 PM »

Offline Scottie

• NGT
  • Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 53
  • About five seconds after 17 O'clock!!
If the players miss shots and play bad, its Doc's fault for not playing the scrubs at the end of the bench. If the players just good enough, its Doc's fault for overplaying them. If the players have massive limitations and Doc plays a form of basketball that best limits those weaknesses, he's a dolt for playing that style. If Doc moves things around, he's a buffoon for not doing it months ago.

Okay. I get it. Doc can't win with some of you. I know he has his faults(he drives me nuts with his lack of TO's at times, he loves the 1-3 screen play and doesn't play enough pick and roll and plays too much pick and pop, and his rotations at times....WOW!!!) but if the Celtics lose this series or game, it will not be because of Doc Rivers.

you think doc is using his players right and getting the most out of them????
I think the question irrelevant as the margin of improvement in this team if Doc was using his players at their 100% highest efficiency wouldn't be great enough to make this team good enough to win a playoff series.

Playoff basketball is about having the right star player or group of players. The Celtics best playoff player and the Celtics best rebounding and post offensive player were both lost for the year in January. There's little anyone could have done as a coach to have made this team much better, especially given the quality of players that make up players 10-15 on this team right now.

TP for you sir. Nice to hear someone remain calm amongst the hysteria of the boobirds.

« Reply #301 on: April 26, 2013, 09:22:54 PM »

Offline LakersFan_33

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 79
I think the Lakers and Celtics are similar teams, as far as what's happening to them in their respective playoff situations.

If it's any consolation, I expect the Spurs to do the same thing to us later on.

Both of our teams need drastic changes if we want to be relevant again.

« Reply #302 on: April 26, 2013, 09:23:29 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2418
Jason Terry has become Eddie House.

« Reply #303 on: April 26, 2013, 09:23:41 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Lets tank next season and hope for Andrew wiggins.  Otherwise I don't see a way we are landing a new superstar.

« Reply #304 on: April 26, 2013, 09:23:49 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1574
We are getting slaughtered.

it's over. game and series but i knew that 6 weeks ago that we were going nowhere.

Only 6 weeks ago?

I knew the second it was conclusive Rondo was done for the season.  Hard to win without your best player, especially when the next two best are 35+.

No surprise here.

the point is we have plenty here who are STILL IN DENIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #305 on: April 26, 2013, 09:24:09 PM »

Offline Shamrocker

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 69
Danny has some work this offseason because something needs to happen. I'm done with this season.

They talked all that talk about coming back to Boston and playing great for the city yet this is the result.

18 points in first and 13 in the second. I wonder what's next? 10? 12? another 8?

So true. They city deserved an inspired performance tonight. Celtics didn't deliver.

« Reply #306 on: April 26, 2013, 09:24:23 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
Jason Terry has become Eddie House.

I take Eddie
DKC Suns

« Reply #307 on: April 26, 2013, 09:24:44 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2715
Danny has some work this offseason because something needs to happen. I'm done with this season.

They talked all that talk about coming back to Boston and playing great for the city yet this is the result.

18 points in first and 13 in the second. I wonder what's next? 10? 12? another 8?

So true. They city deserved an inspired performance tonight. Celtics didn't deliver.

Garnett has done his part. That's about it though.

« Reply #308 on: April 26, 2013, 09:25:10 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Hook 'Em
Jet has been awful 3/4 going on 4/5 halves.

Doc's natural reaction? Start him! Sit the guy who has been hustling!
DKC Suns

« Reply #309 on: April 26, 2013, 09:25:36 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
mediocrity....the worst place for a team to be...TANK FOR WIGGINS!
they're looking up at mediocrity. 

« Reply #310 on: April 26, 2013, 09:25:47 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1574
If the players miss shots and play bad, its Doc's fault for not playing the scrubs at the end of the bench. If the players just good enough, its Doc's fault for overplaying them. If the players have massive limitations and Doc plays a form of basketball that best limits those weaknesses, he's a dolt for playing that style. If Doc moves things around, he's a buffoon for not doing it months ago.

Okay. I get it. Doc can't win with some of you. I know he has his faults(he drives me nuts with his lack of TO's at times, he loves the 1-3 screen play and doesn't play enough pick and roll and plays too much pick and pop, and his rotations at times....WOW!!!) but if the Celtics lose this series or game, it will not be because of Doc Rivers.

you think doc is using his players right and getting the most out of them????
I think the question irrelevant as the margin of improvement in this team if Doc was using his players at their 100% highest efficiency wouldn't be great enough to make this team good enough to win a playoff series.

Playoff basketball is about having the right star player or group of players. The Celtics best playoff player and the Celtics best rebounding and post offensive player were both lost for the year in January. There's little anyone could have done as a coach to have made this team much better, especially given the quality of players that make up players 10-15 on this team right now.

TP for you sir. Nice to hear someone remain calm amongst the hysteria of the boobirds.

just calling a spade a spade. i am not in denial. if coaching has nothing to do with it then i have some ocean front property in arizona to sell u right now!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #311 on: April 26, 2013, 09:26:01 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Hook 'Em
I'm sorry but you CANT do worse with Williams, Crawford, and Shav seeing some time
DKC Suns

« Reply #312 on: April 26, 2013, 09:26:10 PM »

Offline Andrew Celtic Nation

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 105
I don't think Eddie House ever had a season this bad for us, we just didn't feel like we needed him anymore but I'd like to think he could make a lot of the shots Terry is missing. Especially in the playoffs, Terry has talked a big game all year and even got that stupid tattoo all while telling us that he would show up in the postseason...to be honest he looks just as bad.

« Reply #313 on: April 26, 2013, 09:26:17 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 675
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Terry and lee are busts. No way around it. It is time to burn it down

« Reply #314 on: April 26, 2013, 09:26:31 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2418
Jeff Green and Paul Pierce are a combined 6-19 FGAs with 0 FTAs and 6 TOs.

25 possessions used, 13 points scored.

The rest of the team has used 24 possessions for 18 points. Still very poor but not as bad as the two most capable scorers on the team.