Author Topic: Tonight's crowd  (Read 2831 times)

Re: Tonight's crowd
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2016, 12:02:23 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
They were loud and very supportive - especially big when the HAwks took the lead and things were trending down.

I'm not a fan of the MVP chant being overused though.  I love IT,  but MVP??

Well he certainly was MVP of the game last night so it was warranted.
He is MVP of the Celtics. He deserved the Praise. I will be at Game 5 in the ATL.,
15 should never ref another game. Hey but he missed IT so maybe he was a blessing.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2016, 01:19:16 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
They were loud and very supportive - especially big when the HAwks took the lead and things were trending down.

I'm not a fan of the MVP chant being overused though.  I love IT,  but MVP??

Well he certainly was MVP of the game last night so it was warranted.
He is MVP of the Celtics. He deserved the Praise. I will be at Game 5 in the ATL.,
15 should never ref another game. Hey but he missed IT so maybe he was a blessing.

I get it.  He played a great game, and he's been worthy of all the love. So chant the guys name.  Or chant "you are awesome".  Or something. 

The MVP chant league wide has become overused is all I'm saying.  It's hyperbole. 

Anyhow...I'm sounding old and curmedgeonly!  The crowd was great last night as they always are.

Thank goodness IT and the Celts showed up.
Yup

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2016, 01:59:44 PM »

Offline straightouttabahstun

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
  • That's turrible
I really really hope they make it to round 2. I want to be a part of that atmosphere so badly. How much do you think ticket prices will go for should they win the series?

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2016, 03:06:24 PM »

Offline the TRUTH

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 77
I really really hope they make it to round 2. I want to be a part of that atmosphere so badly. How much do you think ticket prices will go for should they win the series?

Never been to a game in Boston, though I've been to a bunch of C's games on the road, so I'm not at all an expert on ticket prices for home games. I would assume a lot will depend on how the first two games in Cleveland go. Is it clearly a mismatch, or did the C's keep both games close and possibly win a game?

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2016, 04:15:06 PM »

Offline green2k16

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
I'm going tomorrow. very very excited. went to both games last year, and even when we were clearly outmatched the crowd was rocking.

for reference- last year i got tix to game 4 for $40 thru the ticketmaster release. this year it seemed more expensive. i still think you could probably get a 300s ticket for around $100 for round 2