Author Topic: [LA Times] Boston explored trading picks + Smart for Noel + 3rd, Philly declined  (Read 25232 times)

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3064
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

I'm thinking Ainge started there with wanting Noel, and tomorrow his stance will soften to just Smart and a couple picks. Remember today is not when the best offers are offered. We want Okafor supposedly.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

I'm thinking Ainge started there with wanting Noel, and tomorrow his stance will soften to just Smart and a couple picks. Remember today is not when the best offers are offered. We want Okafor supposedly.

If we want Okafor then I assume we're talking to Los Angeles, since the general thought is that he's going second and Towns is already a Timberwolf, more or less.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1558

If we want Okafor then I assume we're talking to Los Angeles, since the general thought is that he's going second and Towns is already a Timberwolf, more or less.
Lots of people seem to think LA may take Russell.  Okafor is not a great fit with Randle and they think Russell could be a real legit superstar.  Oh so those people say.  I'm not convinced, but there certainly has been a lot of chatter about LA taking Russell and not Okafor.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Yep.  Smart + #16 + #28 for either Noel or Embiid would be a good move.  That package for #3 is an interesting question, because I'm not all that high on this draft.   If the target at #3 is Okafor, it would make sense... but  I think Okafor will be gone by then.  You'd be getting Russell, Mudiay or Porzingus there.   I like Russell the most.

Smart + #16 + #28 for Russell... how would you guys feel about that?  Russell has more potential, I think. 

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1397

Yep.  Smart + #16 + #28 for either Noel or Embiid would be a good move.  That package for #3 is an interesting question, because I'm not all that high on this draft.   If the target at #3 is Okafor, it would make sense... but  I think Okafor will be gone by then.  You'd be getting Russell, Mudiay or Porzingus there.   I like Russell the most.

Smart + #16 + #28 for Russell... how would you guys feel about that?  Russell has more potential, I think.

That is an awful trade particularly if Towns and Okafor are gone... Russel did not look good against good college teams. I want no part of gambling on him performing in the pros. I also think including the 28 is completely overkill. This seems like the least likely of the rumors I have seen. Doesn't really improve us, but doesn't really make us worse either.