Author Topic: Tonight will be RONDOmination  (Read 1548 times)

Tonight will be RONDOmination
« on: June 17, 2010, 01:09:32 AM »

Offline misterx2day

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 25
I think Rondo is the guy who is going to lead the Celtics to victory. He's had a couple crappy games this series, and the Lakers are completely disregarding him on offense to the point of ridiculousness. Rondo will accept the challenge and perform.JVG said that Rondo has to have a scoring mindset this game, and I agree, at least in the early parts of the game. He has to think "score" in the first quarter, and make the Lakers play him in the latter stages of the game.
I think he sometimes gets too caught up in running the offense instead of just taking what the defense gives him: if he has an open mid ranger jumper, regardless of how much time is left on the shot clock, he has to take it. He can make it, he just has to believe that he can. Then the defense will be forced to respect his jumper, regardless of whether its the right strategy or not, allowing him to blow by his defender and allowing the Pierce and KG to have a little more room to operate. And obviously playing good defense and rebounding would help Rajon too, to get him out on the fast break. But in the half court, Rondo has to be decisive in all of his movement. If you're open, shoot. If not, keep moving the ball. I think he's going to have one of his virtuoso performances tonight, but for all I know, he could throw up a stinker and Pierce could lead Boston to victory. You never know, but I think tonight's the night when it all comes together for Rondo.

Now that I'm done rambling, I think I'll go to bed.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 02:10:12 AM by misterx2day »
"I don’t know what’s wrong with that girl." - Reggie Evans on Pau Gasol.

Re: Tonight will be RONDOmination
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 01:17:31 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Rondo needs to drive the lane relentlessly and get himself to the free throw line even if he doesn't make shots there.  He shouldn't be so willing to take that mid-range jumper, even if it is falling a bit more often now.

The only way Rondo can dominate a game is if he can get inside and score inside and collapse the defense so he can pass to some open guys.  He's been afraid to drive the lane a lot in this series (same with Paul) and it's hurt us.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 01:29:11 AM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
RONDOmination  ;D I like that. We need an aggressive and fired up but in control Rondo tonight. And I'm very confident we'll get it. He understands when to leave it all out there.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 03:22:13 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
We need to attack there bigs. We need Rondo to have double digit rebounds. We need him to knock down FT’s

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 03:54:19 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
We need to attack there bigs. We need Rondo to have double digit rebounds. We need him to knock down FT’s
I'll give him a break on the knocking down FTs part.

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 04:04:04 AM »

Offline Rida

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 86
Rondo will have to have a triple double or close for us to win this game

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 04:06:51 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Yep, Rondo has to be the aggressor tonight, defend like crazy and hustle on every play! I know it takes a tremendous amount of energy to do so but he is young and this is the biggest game of his career. Step up Rondo!

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 05:44:33 AM »

Offline 3ptAndOne

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 7
I don’t know if Rondo can be dominant if Kobe is guarding him all game long. The key is Ray taking advantage of his match up with Fisher. Kobe then is force to switch off of him to guard Ray.

I would like to see the Celtics run some plays with Ray cutting to the basket or posting up Fisher early in the game. Ray is just too big for Fisher to handle.  With Rasheed and KG in the game the Lakers big men need to respect their shot. This opens the paint up and also removes their shot blocker near the basket.

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2010, 07:20:08 AM »

Offline dmopower

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 46
I agree, I have been calling for it since the series started, post fisher up with Ray.
blind optimist or GENIUS

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2010, 07:23:06 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
 With Rasheed and KG in the game the Lakers big men need to respect their shot. This opens the paint up and also removes their shot blocker near the basket.

I think this is a huge key. Rasheed’s presence out there gives us a whole lot more space to operate inside. Plus Sheed has been hitting the three’s so far so they have to respect it. Guards MUST crash the boards tonight with a big man pulled away from the basket.