Author Topic: Tonight's loss on you, Sheed  (Read 8819 times)

Re: Tonight's loss on you, Sheed
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2009, 12:58:19 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 662
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i agree but they shouldnt have lost to the sixers...this is a bad sixers team. just shows that if boston isnt mentally there...they can be beaten by the worst....need to rebound (literally) vs the wolves

« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2009, 03:05:00 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Well, after thoroughly digesting this loss and reading the threads, I have to look at the positives from this loss:

1. Evidently, TA played well.
2. Another solid performance from Rajon.
3. Perk had another solid game.
4. Shelden produced well off the bench.

We're 20-5. And not fully healthy yet.

I believe we all knew what we were getting when Sheed came onboard. He has proven to be no different than what we thought.

With that being said, I'm in Sheed's corner, just like mostly everyone here. We will need him down the stretch. I just can't throw a guy under the bus that every single teammate he has played with respects and likes to be around.

Sheed had a big hand in us losing this game, but ONLY after he was set off by some bogus call? Yes he needs to swallow one for the team from time to time, but has Sheed EVER swallowed his pride for the teams he's been on? He is who he is.

I really miss Glen Davis through all of this. Thinking about it, he is probably our most experienced Big off of the bench (as far as Celtics experience) we have and he has been missed. If he was here last night, we win.

I see less complaining about the refs in the threads today than last night, but with all of the hoopla about this one particular ref, is the League investigating this game? Or the ref?

God forbid if some refs REALLY have it in for certain players...methinks that would be cause for Congressional insight? After all, Football and Baseball have been brought before Congress...just my take on it. I'm sure David Stern knows about this, but this stuff keeps happening...

Additionally..this thought just crossed my mind: What if this supposedly bogus call that happened to Sheed last night happened to....God Forbid....Lebron James? Kobe Bryant? Dwayne Wade? And if this call did happen to them, would either of those three being ejected would have a led to a different outcome (this particular ref being suspended)? Just my thoughts...
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 03:26:25 PM by GreenFaith1819 »

« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2009, 03:51:08 PM »

Offline CbrewEra

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 37
  • LETS GO BOSTON
Was at this game, first Celtics game my girlfriend has ever been to.  What a huge huge dissapointment, it was like the air got sucked out of the Garden tonight, everyone had a chip on their shoulder on the way out.
"He trades like a drunk Texas oilman trying to impress a beautiful woman"

« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2009, 05:56:09 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
Well, after thoroughly digesting this loss and reading the threads, I have to look at the positives from this loss:

1. Evidently, TA played well.
2. Another solid performance from Rajon.
3. Perk had another solid game.
4. Shelden produced well off the bench.

We're 20-5. And not fully healthy yet.

I believe we all knew what we were getting when Sheed came onboard. He has proven to be no different than what we thought.

With that being said, I'm in Sheed's corner, just like mostly everyone here. We will need him down the stretch. I just can't throw a guy under the bus that every single teammate he has played with respects and likes to be around.

Sheed had a big hand in us losing this game, but ONLY after he was set off by some bogus call? Yes he needs to swallow one for the team from time to time, but has Sheed EVER swallowed his pride for the teams he's been on? He is who he is.

I really miss Glen Davis through all of this. Thinking about it, he is probably our most experienced Big off of the bench (as far as Celtics experience) we have and he has been missed. If he was here last night, we win.

I see less complaining about the refs in the threads today than last night, but with all of the hoopla about this one particular ref, is the League investigating this game? Or the ref?

God forbid if some refs REALLY have it in for certain players...methinks that would be cause for Congressional insight? After all, Football and Baseball have been brought before Congress...just my take on it. I'm sure David Stern knows about this, but this stuff keeps happening...

Additionally..this thought just crossed my mind: What if this supposedly bogus call that happened to Sheed last night happened to....God Forbid....Lebron James? Kobe Bryant? Dwayne Wade? And if this call did happen to them, would either of those three being ejected would have a led to a different outcome (this particular ref being suspended)? Just my thoughts...

Shed is also one of the only people to stand up to Tim Donaghy before the scandal. And now it's clear that Refs had it in for certain players. So it's Sheed that's wrong and the NBA is right that the Refs deserve respect. You have to earn respect and only a handful of NBA Refs have done that. The same thing happened to Tim Duncan with ( What's that fat bald Refs name?) and the NBA stepped in and did something but that same fat bald Ref is back working Spurs games. This system is broken and if Sheed is the only one with balls enough to point it out than so be it.

« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2009, 05:59:47 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
Sheed had nothing with losing this game, I think Paul went on cruise control and played like we were up by 40 or something.
The officials took the game over by making horrible calls and then trying to compensate by making even worse calls to a point to they or anyone else didn't know weather they were making a bad call or compensating :S

This what Tommy was saying as well, and I saw the same thing. It's time Pro Basketball got Pro Refs.

« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2009, 11:17:13 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
boston had a 15 point lead even after sheed had been ejected....they quit playing

Boston did not quit playing.  There are just some nights when things happen this way.  Boston was running the wrong set of plays and taking some ill advised shots.  Can't shoot from the baseline and dribble between 2 defenders every other play.

And the refs blew a few calls down the stretch. 

"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2009, 12:37:11 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
The big 3 and Doc have to stop tip toeing throught the tulips, and tell 'Sheed face to face that his act is old, and is hurting the team. That they need him on the floor, not in the lockerroom with a persecution complex. Doc is sending anger management texts, but there ultimately has to be accountability. If Sheed keeps this act up, sit him for a few games. He will get the message.

« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2009, 12:38:23 PM »

Offline MidwestGreen

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
Sheed was a victim of bull reffing via Kennedy.

I hope next time Kennedy refs, Sheed throws his shoe at him. Anyone who blames Sheed for the loss, needs to take off their homer glasses and realize it was the people who WERE playing that blew it, not the one who wasn't.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 12:40:56 PM by Redz »