Author Topic: CB Draft Western Conference Finals: Kings (1) Vs Blazers (2)  (Read 32355 times)

CB Draft Western Conference Finals: Kings (1) Vs Blazers (2)
« on: August 04, 2011, 09:02:00 AM »

Offline CB Draft Voting

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 65
Western Conference Finals

Kings Press Conference

Blazers Press Conference

Read the thread, send votes to CB Draft Voting. You ought to know the drill.

Re: CB Draft Western Conference Finals: Kings (1) Vs Blazers (2)
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 09:03:55 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Preliminary Sacramento kings Strategy:

Before I get into the details let me tell you what you are going to hear from our opponent. He is going to go into great detail about Amare Stoudmire's great performance against Paul Millsap and Boris Diaw. He's going to talk about Andrew Bogut's great defensive ability. he's going to talk aboutt Carlos Delfino's defensive length and ability to stop Lebron. he's going to talk about Kyle Lowry's fantastic year last year and James Harden's ability at the SG position.

He's going to try to confuse you with conjecture and descriptions and his love for his team but here are the facts:

- In a head to head match up versus the players his players would need to face versus the Kings, except for Amare Stoudimire, his players fare even or very very poorly versus the Kings they would be matched up against.

- His team really has NO answer to stop the best player in all of basketball. Carlos Delfino is in a 28.0/7.4/6.8 to 3.0/1.9/1,0 deficit to LeBron in head to head matchups. Some might say he played a back up role to the player who player versus LeBron in those matchups, I say his coach didn't play him against Lebron because he knew how badly he would get and did get burned by him.

- Derrick Williams is a rookie from a bad draft class. if you believe he can suddenly shut down the best player in the world, stop reading this, there is nothing more for me to say to you.

- Bogut is a great defensive center but so is Chandler and their head to head matchups show they about just about even against each other.

- Much like our match with Dirk, Amare will be allowed to play against Millsap one on one but he allows Millsap to do what he wants as well. We can live with Millsap and Diaw's game against Amare knowing that we can shut down the rest of the Blazers and make Aamare beat us. In his entire time in the game, Amare has never shown he can singlehandedly carry a team to playoff success.

- Like the Warriors, the Blazers lack true, deep playoff experience. Look who IP is trotting out as a deep playoff team:

K Lowry, Derrick Williams, James Harden
Robin Lopez, Carlos Delfino, Ramon Sessions, Anthony Morrow
Anthony Tolliver, G Hendersen, J Jerebko, P Mills

Do any of these players have a ring like Billups or Chandler? Do any of the Blazers have the Finals experience that the players of the Kings have? What about playoff experience and success?

Like the Warriors the Blazers have a good matchup versus the Kings at PF and are lacking everywhere else. They lack playoff experience. They lack leadership. They lack the ability to overcome the effect that the best player on the planet will impose upon this series because the blazers have absolutely no answer to stop his ability to score, create, dish, get to the line, get their players in foul trouble and be the transcendent, difference making player in the game.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 09:09:37 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Before I get into the details let me tell you what you are going to hear from our opponent.

Whoa whoa whoa...holy political conjecture copy and paste, batman!

I'm never gonna get people to raise the debt ceiling with rhetoric like that!

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 09:11:12 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Before I get into the details let me tell you what you are going to hear from our opponent.

Whoa whoa whoa...holy political conjecture copy and paste, batman!

I'm never gonna get people to raise the debt ceiling with rhetoric like that!

Havent you ever seen 8-mile?  Telling people what you are going to say is effective in rap battles and CB Drafts!
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 09:14:16 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2426
- Much like our match with Dirk, Amare will be allowed to play against Millsap one on one but he allows Millsap to do what he wants as well. We can live with Millsap and Diaw's game against Amare knowing that we can shut down the rest of the Blazers and make Aamare beat us. In his entire time in the game, Amare has never shown he can singlehandedly carry a team to playoff success.
Millsap is going to be fairly effective defending Amare in isolations.

Portland needs to get Amare the ball on the move. Amare is too tall and too explosive for Millsap to get back into the play. To recover and defend the play after Amare has already gotten up a little steam and is below 15 feet on the catch. Too big, too powerful, too athletic.

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 09:17:16 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
- Like the Warriors, the Blazers lack true, deep playoff experience. Look who IP is trotting out as a deep playoff team:

K Lowry, Derrick Williams, James Harden
Robin Lopez, Carlos Delfino, Ramon Sessions, Anthony Morrow
Anthony Tolliver, G Hendersen, J Jerebko, P Mills

Do any of these players have a ring like Billups or Chandler? Do any of the Blazers have the Finals experience that the players of the Kings have? What about playoff experience and success?
Is James Harden the only player that has significant post-season experience?

I don't include K.Lowry because he was a backup during his previous run and played a completely different role to the one he has now in Houston and here in Portland.

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 09:23:56 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
I don't include K.Lowry because he was a backup during his previous run and played a completely different role to the one he has now in Houston and here in Portland.

Doesn't Millsap fall into that same category then?

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2011, 09:25:01 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25607
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Do any of the Blazers have the Finals experience that the players of the Kings have?

Lucky for the Blazers, none of them have had the Finals performances that Lebron has. ;)

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2011, 09:29:20 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith

Doesn't Millsap fall into that same category then?

Millsap played 30+ minutes a night in his last two trips to playoffs (15 games) and posted 18ppg + 8.8rpg in his last series. He has a total of 44 playoff games under his belt.

Lowry has one trip to the playoffs. Played 13 games. Only 19 minutes a contest. Shot 33% from the field and 25% from three. Do you think that is indicative of his current level of performance? I don't.

Lowry is clearly a different player from the one that played in that year's playoffs. Ergo, he had no playoff experience in his current role.

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2011, 09:30:35 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Do any of the Blazers have the Finals experience that the players of the Kings have?

Lucky for the Blazers, none of them have had the Finals performances that Lebron has. ;)

Or the Finals MVP experience that Chauncey has, but lets not worry about that right?  ;)

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2011, 09:33:06 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Well can we worry about Billups declining speed, poor shot selection, and degrading body?

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2011, 09:33:48 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
I'm assuming that lebron is going to guard harden?

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2011, 09:39:47 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
I'm assuming that lebron is going to guard harden?

No -- I think it should be Wes Matthews.

LeBron could do short stretches on Harden and Lowry (with Billups on Delfino) but shouldn't be the primary defender on either one.

LeBron also needs to be the main defender on D.Williams when Williams is at SF. Although, Singleton might be able to give some minutes there. Not Mike Miller, that would be a dangerous matchup for Sac-town.

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2011, 09:41:16 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Well can we worry about Billups declining speed, poor shot selection, and degrading body?
Declining speed and athleticism - yes

Shot selection - no, Chauncey has a very good shot selection.

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2011, 09:48:24 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Milwaukee has defended LeBron very well in the past two years. The combination of Andrew Bogut and Mbah a Moute was very effective.

I think the Blazers will lose something without Mbah a Moute there to defend LeBron + I think their non-Delfino wings are inadequate defensive matchups + I think their interior defense will be inadequate whenever Bogut is on the bench + Alvin Gentry is a far inferior defensive head coach than Scott Skiles.

So not a perfect comparison and it won't be as effective as the Bucks were ... but I do think Bogut can help slow LeBron down some.