Author Topic: Is Your Pick Two Team Better than When it Started?  (Read 168957 times)

Re: Is Your Pick Two Team Better than When it Started?
« Reply #300 on: February 06, 2010, 10:34:06 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
One of the cooler things about this draft is Who's commentary.  It's very entertaining, and much appreciated.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #301 on: February 06, 2010, 10:42:15 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Able to put together a strong young team.

Brooks Age 25, 19.2 ppg, 5 Apg
Salmons Age 30, 13 ppg, 3.4 rpg
Thad young: Age 22, 14 ppg 5 rpg
Millsap: age 25 11 ppg 6 rpg 
Scola: age 30 15 ppg 9 rpg

Bench
Yi age 22: 14 ppg, 7 rpg
Ben Wallace age 35: 5 ppg, 9 rpg

Got some young guys, with some older guys that can show them the ropes
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #302 on: February 06, 2010, 10:55:03 AM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Whats interesting about this to me is to try and think about how the guys would work together rather then just their stats like a fantasy team. I realize this can probably get some people frustrated when they really disagree with someone's assessment, fortunately this has not been the case yet for anyone as far as I have seen. With respect to my team, its great to see them debated against the nuggets.

What I was trying to do with my team is kind of imitate the Spurs in real life and get someone a little better then Ginobli at this stage of his career (personally i think he is close to done at this point). I also wanted to get a big body because they are currently relying on ratliff (who I thought was going to retire about three years ago with the celtics), McDyess, Blair and Bonner. I think they lack a defensive presence of someone like Dalembert because none of those guys can really defend at this state in their career. This takes some of the pressure off of Duncan on the offensive end and allows him to focus his energy on making sweet bank shots off the post. Also, although perhaps my team could use another slasher to replace what I lose with Ginobli I think Parker, Jack and Barbosa are all good enough passers and shooter to create balance with Dalembert and Duncan inside. PLus we still have the x factor aka the matrix

« Reply #303 on: February 06, 2010, 11:44:37 AM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
A historical draft of say the 1980s? would be my pick for a summer activity.

Also have to add Who's commentary is great.

« Reply #304 on: February 06, 2010, 03:12:21 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
My roster to date:

PG: Mike Bibby
SG: Ben Gordon
SF: Tayshaun Prince
PF: Chris Bosh
C:  Kendrick Perkins

Bench: Kirk Hinrich, Carlos Delfino

I know there are a lot of Bibby haters here, and I won't waste my time trying to convince you that he's an elite point guard. He does, however, currently rank #4 in terms of assist-to-turnover ratio, and is capable of knocking down the 3 point shot. His skill set is complemented by Hinrich's, who becomes my primary backup guard when I need to roll out a more defense-minded set.

Gordon is no elite defender either, which is why I selected Delfino with my late 5th rounder. Depending on matchups, I can start Delfino, who has a well-rounded skill set and a hard-nosed style of play, allowing me to bring Gordon off the bench as offensive firepower for the second unit. Delfino can also play the 3, allowing me to give Tayshaun a rest or to slide him to the PF for a smallball setup. Prince has the length to defend perimeter-shooting PFs like Rashard Lewis.

With my two 5th round selections, I've now got tremendous flexibility with my guard rotation, and can mix and match offense and defense as I wish.

I'll be addressing my frontcourt depth with my next few picks, but I like the Prince-Bosh-Perkins troika for overall rebounding, passing ability, and team defense.

Comments, criticism, suggestions welcome.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 03:24:52 PM by Lucky17 »
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #305 on: February 06, 2010, 03:24:29 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Dear Who

how am I doing now

After your last comment in my team i added a couple of good pieces into the puzze,

One great scorer off the bench in Dunleavy ( the best scorer off the bench in the league)
The perfect glue guy in Gomes, who can help rebounding and giving shard a break, adding hustle and principles.

people seems to be woried abut the depth of my team but with slots one to 7 covered and one more pick to como this is starting to gain some decent shape

right now this beauty of a team is made of

So , who and all

What do you think
and who will be my next pick (that in PM of course ;)

Saludos

Edgar
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #306 on: February 06, 2010, 03:26:10 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
My roster to date:

PG: Mike Bibby
SG: Ben Gordon
SF: Tayshaun Prince
PF: Chris Bosh
C:  Kendrick Perkins

Bench: Kirk Hinrich, Carlos Delfino

I know there are a lot of Bibby haters here, and I won't waste my time trying to convince you that he's an elite point guard. He does, however, currently rank #4 in terms of assist-to-turnover ratio, and is capable of knocking down the 3 point shot. His skill set is complemented by Hinrich's, who becomes my primary backup guard when I need to roll out a more defense-minded set.

Gordon is no elite defender either, which is why I selected Delfino with my late 5th rounder. Depending on matchups, I can start Delfino, who has a well-rounded skill set and a hard-nosed style of play, allowing me to bring Gordon off the bench as offensive firepower for the second unit. Delfino can also play the 3, allowing me to give Tayshaun a rest or to slide him to the PF for a smallball setup. Prince has the length to defend perimeter-shooting PFs like Rashard Lewis.

With my two 5th round selections, I've now got tremendous flexibility with my guard rotation, and can mix and match offense and defense as I wish.

I'll be addressing my frontcourt depth with my next few picks, but I like the Prince-Bosh-Perkins troika for overall rebounding, passing ability, and team defense.

Comments, criticism, suggestions welcome.

I like your bench almost as much as mine

Nice to be back!

« Reply #307 on: February 06, 2010, 04:09:42 PM »

Offline PLamb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1
I have to say I am really pleased with the Knicks bench of Ty Lawson at the point, Matt Barnes at the small forward position and Kenyon Martin at the power forward slot

All three players are very good defensive players that have starter type potential

KMart is almost a double double coming off the bench, Lawson is just a great rookie with exceptional all around skills and Barnes is a long versatile SF that is a very good defender of all wing players not just SFs and has a sneaky good offensive game

And that's just the bench

In Nene the Knicks have a long mobile big man in the middle that plays tough defense and has great hands and gets lots of steals

Though not a shot blocker or a great rebounder Nene should be able to take some of the slack off of Zach Randolph who, though giving a better effort the past two seasons is still a pretty weak defender

Randolph is an offensive and rebounding stud however and if he doesn't force his way through double teams and plays within the offense with good passer like Ray Allen, grant Hill and the PGs, he will shine

Allen and Hill bring veteran stability, versatility and talent to the starting five with very efficient offensive games

George Hill will man the point and though not the best passer he won't need to constantly initiate the offense as Hill and Allen are more than capable of running a very diversified offense that can start from any one of the guard or wing positions

Hill is also another elite type defender who can once again, like Nene, Grant Hill, Barnes, and Martin can guard tenaciously at more than one position and do it very well

Over all, I'm ecstatic  about how much better this Knick group is to the one currently playing at MSG and could easily see this team being an ECF type team
Pick 2 Knicks

PG: George Hill, Ty Lawson
SG: Ray Allen, Anthony Parker, Quentin Richardson
SF: Grant Hill, Matt Barnes, D
PF: Zach Randolph, Kenyon Martin, Jon Brockman, Dante Cunningham
C:  Nene Hilario,   Own rights: Nikola Pekovic IR: Kyle Weaver

« Reply #308 on: February 06, 2010, 05:21:54 PM »

Offline Slugger

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
I have to say I am really pleased with the Knicks bench of Ty Lawson at the point, Matt Barnes at the small forward position and Kenyon Martin at the power forward slot

All three players are very good defensive players that have starter type potential

KMart is almost a double double coming off the bench, Lawson is just a great rookie with exceptional all around skills and Barnes is a long versatile SF that is a very good defender of all wing players not just SFs and has a sneaky good offensive game

And that's just the bench

In Nene the Knicks have a long mobile big man in the middle that plays tough defense and has great hands and gets lots of steals

Though not a shot blocker or a great rebounder Nene should be able to take some of the slack off of Zach Randolph who, though giving a better effort the past two seasons is still a pretty weak defender

Randolph is an offensive and rebounding stud however and if he doesn't force his way through double teams and plays within the offense with good passer like Ray Allen, grant Hill and the PGs, he will shine

Allen and Hill bring veteran stability, versatility and talent to the starting five with very efficient offensive games

George Hill will man the point and though not the best passer he won't need to constantly initiate the offense as Hill and Allen are more than capable of running a very diversified offense that can start from any one of the guard or wing positions

Hill is also another elite type defender who can once again, like Nene, Grant Hill, Barnes, and Martin can guard tenaciously at more than one position and do it very well

Over all, I'm ecstatic  about how much better this Knick group is to the one currently playing at MSG and could easily see this team being an ECF type team

Love the Knicks team so far - with the exception that there really isnt a guy on that team that can create his own shot.

You have great depth, but lack a go-to-guy.

« Reply #309 on: February 06, 2010, 05:37:51 PM »

Offline PLamb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1
Thanks

Though I think Zach Randolph's 10 games of 27 or more points this season qualifies him as a guy who can create his own shot as does his ability to back down people in the post as well as his excellent face up game from outside the box
Pick 2 Knicks

PG: George Hill, Ty Lawson
SG: Ray Allen, Anthony Parker, Quentin Richardson
SF: Grant Hill, Matt Barnes, D
PF: Zach Randolph, Kenyon Martin, Jon Brockman, Dante Cunningham
C:  Nene Hilario,   Own rights: Nikola Pekovic IR: Kyle Weaver

« Reply #310 on: February 06, 2010, 07:10:06 PM »

Offline Slugger

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
Thanks

Though I think Zach Randolph's 10 games of 27 or more points this season qualifies him as a guy who can create his own shot as does his ability to back down people in the post as well as his excellent face up game from outside the box

Sorry, i meant to say on the perimeter.

I had a whole bit written up about how Ray, Grant and George cannot create on the perimeter - but it got deleted.  So i went for an abbreviated version and left out the perimeter bit.

I'd start Lawson.  He is more creative than Hill, and able to penetrate.  Also, you have a good defensive starting unit to make up for any deficiencies he has there.

Liking the team even more now with Lawson starting.  Tp for the excellent balance

« Reply #311 on: February 07, 2010, 10:35:19 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
The new LA Pigs.

PG  Foye
SG  Kobe
SF  Turk
PF  Gasol
C   Gortat

Bench

SG/PG  Redick  (He works as a PG in the Triangle offense much like a Ron Harper.  Kobe and Turk are the true PGs)
PF   Tyler Hansbrough

Offensively, the team is strong.  The next couple of roll players need to bring the defense.  

The Pigs are sticking with Foye?  I thought you'd have done something there by now.

And your bench absolutely stinks.  Reddick really is a hot/cold shooter.  I think as the big games roll on, he disappears.  Hansborough may have good fundamentals, but he's simply too short and has limited hops.

You better believe it.

As I said

As a starter, he has been averaging 14.4 pts, 4.4 assists, while shooting 45% from the field and 36% from downtown. 

As for defensively, look here

http://www.82games.com/0910/09WAS4.HTM

As a SG (which he will not have to defend with the Pigs), he is awful this year (allowing a 21.4 per)

As a PG, (which he will be playing exclusively on the Pigs), he is fine (allowing a 16 per)

Difference is, the Pigs is a well run franchise vs the mess that is DC right now (gun charges, ownership up in the air)

« Reply #312 on: February 07, 2010, 01:25:54 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
Orlando sitting on top, while look down to all the mortal.s 8)

Who. I am waiting for the break after the bench

Nice to be back!

« Reply #313 on: February 07, 2010, 04:00:46 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2418
C:  Dwight Howard
PF: Rashard Lewis / Ryan Gomes
SF: Ron Artest
SG: Rip Hamilton / Mike Dunleavy
PG: Andre Miller
Ryan Gomes and Mike Dunleavy give you the makings of a very nice nine man rotation. Those two can backup the SG + SF + PF positions effectively so you'll need a backup big man and a backup guard next.

I'd target a point guard with a good jump shot to complement Andre Miller. Preferably a point guard who is athletic and can match up well defensively against quicker opposing points but that is only a secondary concern. Shooting + running the offense is the primary concern. And a big man who focuses on defense + rebounding and preferably is physically strong. Has a bit of heft about him, to complement the finesse power forwards. After those two positions are filled I'd look for a wing with athleticism and defensive ability, someone who can provide a different look than Dunleavy or Gomes can off the bench (on the wing).

I love the Mike Dunleavy selection. He's a wonderful passer, and in particular an excellent post entry passer. Moves very well without the ball and has an excellent jump shot from anywhere on the floor. Dwight Howard will love playing with him. Artest and Rip Hamilton provide enough defense to allow Dunleavy to always be pitted against the weaker offensive player on the wing, and then you have Dwight Howard behind him. Very good protection defensively.

Not a fan of Ryan Gomes but he'll slot in nicely here. He has a solid complementary type of offensive game that will fit in well alongside Orlando's other scorers + alongside one low post big like Dwight Howard.

« Reply #314 on: February 07, 2010, 04:05:11 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Looking to Move Scola or Millsap for a natural C
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16