Author Topic: Windhorst : George likely to be traded(Indy clearing roster spots?)  (Read 28679 times)

Re: Windhorst : George likely to be traded(Indy clearing roster spots?)
« Reply #105 on: February 23, 2017, 02:24:31 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
You're not building a contender before Isaiah / Horford are in their mid-30s without taking a major risk, is what I'm saying.

I just don't think it happens.

If you want to play it safe and build the youth up around those guys, then this team is a bridge to that future young team.  That future young team will have a lot of draft talent, but it may not be better than the team we have now.

You're already a 2 seed in the East!  If you stand pat, you'd still be adding pieces to a team with IT & Horford along with getting the continued growth of guys like Crowder & Smart going forward.  They'll never be "that young" team.  Certainly not in a Philly sense.   There is zero indication that this team is plateauing if they don't do anything right now.   

With significant rebounding and defense issues, I completely disagree.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #106 on: February 23, 2017, 02:24:37 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Philly trying to get Bradley...Cs said nope

Ummmm, the conversation was probably "we would've danced with you, Philly, if you *hadn't traded away Noel!*"
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #107 on: February 23, 2017, 02:25:22 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Lol

Just a bunch of bluffers

What a boring deadline

« Reply #108 on: February 23, 2017, 02:26:09 PM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
You're not building a contender before Isaiah / Horford are in their mid-30s without taking a major risk, is what I'm saying.

If you want to play it safe and build the youth up around those guys, then this team is a bridge to that future young team.  That future young team will have a lot of draft talent, but it may not be better than the team we have now.

You're already a 2 seed in the East!  If you stand pat, you'd still be adding pieces to a team with IT & Horford along with getting the continued growth of guys like Crowder & Smart going forward.  They'll never be "that young" team.  Certainly not in a Philly sense.   There is zero indication that this team is plateauing if they don't do anything right now.   

If anything it looks favorable as our bench options will be multiple potential all stars.

« Reply #109 on: February 23, 2017, 02:26:24 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
https://twitter.com/xOrtiz4x/status/834841063122681864

Sources: Pacers asking for 3 of 4 from group of Avery Bradley, Jae Crowder, Marcus Smart, and Jaylen Brown + 2017 Nets pick for Paul George.

Assuming that's accurate (who knows) that's more than I'd pay too. I'd be reluctant to give two out of the 4.  Three's both an overpay and largely defeats the purpose of getting George (putting a contending roster together)

I thought that 2 of the 4 was a minimum that Bird would want back.  Asking for 3 is going to be a non-starter.

Yeah that's what I'd expect them to shoot for. In imaginary GM land I'd fight like hell to give other picks + considerations to just make it one (probably Bradley), but I know it probably wouldn't work out. But 3 out of 4 is absurd.

3 out of 4 of our core assets with the possibility of Paul George bolting to the Lakers? Bye Bird!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #110 on: February 23, 2017, 02:28:56 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

So where does the PG trade giving up Crowder, Smart, Brown, and the BKN pick get you this season?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #111 on: February 23, 2017, 02:29:20 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I do ab, Crowder/Jas and brk 17 for George.

This way we free up more long term money for next years free agency

« Reply #112 on: February 23, 2017, 02:29:32 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1481

Ummmm, the conversation was probably "we would've danced with you, Philly, if you *hadn't traded away Noel!*"

Yeah Noel plus picks for Bradley would have been a good deal for us.

« Reply #113 on: February 23, 2017, 02:29:37 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
People in Indy are thinking Danny wouldn't even put best offer on table until 2:30 - so we'll see how this goes in the last 30 minutes.

« Reply #114 on: February 23, 2017, 02:29:39 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
Also:

Mike Ortiz Jr.‏@xOrtiz4x 

In addition any deal would need to include Monta Ellis contract in the deal with Amir Johnson's expiring deal coming back in return.

« Reply #115 on: February 23, 2017, 02:30:35 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Also:

Mike Ortiz Jr.‏@xOrtiz4x 

In addition any deal would need to include Monta Ellis contract in the deal with Amir Johnson's expiring deal coming back in return.

LOL. Not mad at ya Danny.  This would be going all-in and then throwing your car keys, pants and spouse in the pot too just because the other guy wants you to.

« Reply #116 on: February 23, 2017, 02:31:35 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
I do ab, Crowder/Jas and brk 17 for George.

This way we free up more long term money for next years free agency

That to me would be fair but I would rather see it offered for Butler.  I still think George is signing with LA after next year if he leaves Indianapolis.  Butler is signed longer and is on a very  reasonable contract...

« Reply #117 on: February 23, 2017, 02:31:56 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

So where does the PG trade giving up Crowder, Smart, Brown, and the BKN pick get you this season?

I'm not moving three of those pieces to Indiana. Two of them, sure, and the Brooklyn pick. Three is nuts, and I frankly doubt the report.

George is a star. Period. I have faith they'll add a rebounder if they do that deal, and that moves the needle near Cleveland.

Good enough. The 18 draft looks good, so the draft nuts can shift their unhealthy obsession to that one.

The idea that permeates this board that Ainge is going to draft a champion is ridiculous. Not. Happening.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #118 on: February 23, 2017, 02:32:30 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
Also:

Mike Ortiz Jr.‏@xOrtiz4x 

If Ainge does this deal I'd be pretty mad.  Stay the course, don't add salary and try to get Hayward for nothing.

« Reply #119 on: February 23, 2017, 02:32:36 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Mike Ortiz Jr.: Sources: Pacers asking for 3 of 4 from group of Avery Bradley, Jae Crowder, Marcus Smart, and Jaylen Brown + 2017 Nets pick for Paul George

Not worth it as I'd rather sign Hayward in FA.
Jack of all trades, master of none.