Author Topic: Ryan mallett to the Browns ?(rumor)  (Read 9051 times)

Ryan mallett to the Browns ?(rumor)
« on: January 18, 2013, 09:48:55 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Celtics fan for life.

Re: Ryan mallett to the Browns ?(rumor)
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 10:04:31 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
I heard this rumor in the beginning of January. They said  Michael Lombardi would be interested if he joined the browns. Which he just did.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 01:22:48 PM by crownontherocks »

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 10:53:14 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Didn't the 1st play of when Mallett last came in he threw an INT? lol

Idk, but I don't think the Browns will go that way. Browns could trade for Alex Smith or just wait out another year and get a franchise QB in the draft next season. (Which they should do).

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 11:03:07 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Malett will never play for the Pats unless Brady goes down.

If they can get a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him, they should go for it.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 11:05:15 PM »

Offline sdceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 45
Yes, Mallett's last play was an INT. I believe it was Lloyd, who he hit right on the numbers (maybe Hernandez), and it bounced off their chest right in to the hands of a DB.

Mallett is good, but a 2nd rounder or better would be huge......basically trading a 3rd rounder we barely use for a 2nd rounder we could draft to beef up the o-line, DB's, or take a flyer on a WR.

Brady will play at least 2 (at a high level) and as many as 4/5 more seasons, IMO. Mallett will jump to another team before we even get to use him. I would even consider a higher 3rd rounder this year......plenty of qualified backup QB's on the market, and we can draft a similar prospect to groom 2-3 seasons in a later round, in another draft.

Hope the front office exploits the weak QB class by flipping Mallett this season.

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 10:44:02 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

What has he shown to justify that high of a pick, though?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 01:17:36 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
i could see this happening.  then i'm going to throw a curve, sanchez to the pats.  keep in mind, his first two years, he was above average.  who better to learn from than the man himself, tb12.  he does't need the $$ any longer as the jets have paid him a boatload already.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2013, 01:30:08 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
bleacher report has the pats getting the browns 1st round pick which is the 6th overall in return for maybe mallet and the pats 1st. 

i think if this happens, the pats spin that pick for lower and future picks.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2013, 01:38:10 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
bleacher report has the pats getting the browns 1st round pick which is the 6th overall in return for maybe mallet and the pats 1st. 

I should have stopped reading after the first two words, but the thought that the Pats are going to get the 6th pick in the draft in return for Mallett and the 30th+ pick is laughable.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2013, 01:40:05 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

What has he shown to justify that high of a pick, though?

No idea. 

This sort of thing would have to be based on Browns personnel guys talking to Pats personnel guys.  What has he shown in practice? 

The kind of info that fans and most people in the media don't have a way of knowing about.  Though they'd probably take another look at his college tape.

From what I recall, Mallett was a fairly highly regarded QB prospect coming out of college; it was only off-the-field and personality stuff which caused him to fall to the Pats.  Wasn't he a 4th round pick for the Pats?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2013, 01:41:00 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587

I should have stopped reading after the first two words, but the thought that the Pats are going to get the 6th pick in the draft in return for Mallett and the 30th+ pick is laughable.

Agreed thats not happening and would be an incredibly stupid move for the Browns. Mallett hasn't proved he's worth nearly that much... I'll be shocked if we got a 4th round pick for him let alone the 6th pick in the entire draft...

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2013, 01:41:30 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think the Browns have the same sort of guy in Weeden, so I think it could be a rumor.

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2013, 04:11:53 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff

"I should have stopped reading after the first two words,"  that's funny, almost like coming to a Celtic Blog for Patriots news I guess.....

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2013, 04:26:44 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
i could see this happening.  then i'm going to throw a curve, sanchez to the pats.  keep in mind, his first two years, he was above average.  who better to learn from than the man himself, tb12.  he does't need the $$ any longer as the jets have paid him a boatload already.

I just Puked all over my new shirt. Thanks Bro.

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2013, 07:02:32 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
I think mallet can be a good QB..be good trade for both teams
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin