Poll

Would you sign Kemba Walker to the max (4/140M; 32.7M 1st Year)

Yes
80 (66.1%)
No
41 (33.9%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Author Topic: Kemba Walker (Kemba to formalize agreement on Sunday, pg 40)  (Read 76020 times)

Re: Kemba Walker/Celtics free agency rumor(merged).
« Reply #135 on: June 25, 2019, 11:00:52 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
If the C's were going to pursue Kemba, and he agreed to a meeting, the first thing that comes out is game tape of IT. "Picture yourself in those sets - we turned IT into an MVP candidate. What could you do with that?"

Agreed, and he is preferably good enough to be somewhere between IT and Kyrie in terms of talent (but maybe not consistently better than 29 ppg IT all the time) and if Al resigns for 3 years, we could be top 4 in the East.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #136 on: June 25, 2019, 11:50:27 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740
If the C's were going to pursue Kemba, and he agreed to a meeting, the first thing that comes out is game tape of IT. "Picture yourself in those sets - we turned IT into an MVP candidate. What could you do with that?"

Agreed, and he is preferably good enough to be somewhere between IT and Kyrie in terms of talent (but maybe not consistently better than 29 ppg IT all the time) and if Al resigns for 3 years, we could be top 4 in the East.

we can't afford all that w/o a trade for kemba

« Reply #137 on: June 25, 2019, 11:51:18 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306

How could we sign both Al & Kemba? Seems nearly impossible without one of Silky's Hayward trades.

« Reply #138 on: June 25, 2019, 11:52:19 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

How could we sign both Al & Kemba? Seems nearly impossible without one of Silky's Hayward trades.

We can't.

« Reply #139 on: June 26, 2019, 12:08:48 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

We can't.

Al signs for the minimum cause he loves brad

« Reply #140 on: June 26, 2019, 06:43:38 AM »

Offline Muzzy66

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 121

Answer: Beg you to delay my free agency for one more year so we can put better players around you, watch you give everything you have to the Franchise, then trade you like a piece of dirt.

:)

« Reply #141 on: June 26, 2019, 06:46:43 AM »

Offline Muzzy66

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 121

I thought that this 28m or so in cap space Boston has available is based on the assumption that both Kyrie amd Horford walk amd have their rights rescinded ?

If so then signing Kemba would put Boston right near the cap, and there's nothing to offer Horford.

« Reply #142 on: June 26, 2019, 07:04:27 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I like Kemba as a player, fit and a human.
If we do get him we will probably be better than how we performed last year.
That big contract would be tricky, but it would end in his 32nd year, which isn't that bad.

On the other hand, it is hard to believe the number of encaptured Vooch and D.Russell fans on this forum.
Vooch can't play D and he plays the position that's primary objective is to defend. So that sucks a lot.
D-Lo is a lesser Kyrie as a player and a teammate, who also can't drive to the rim at all and who is even a more modest defender.
I see them as a pair of expensive middle of the road guys.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 08:56:59 AM by Androslav »
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #143 on: June 26, 2019, 08:12:11 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
If we sign Kemba and get a couple of bigs that can play D and get boards I'll be satisfied and confident we can do some damage next year.

« Reply #144 on: June 26, 2019, 08:34:28 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
For those worried that we would have similar problems to last year in terms of not enough playing time/shot attempts for everyone consider that we most likely won’t have Rozier and Morris returning in this scenario, and whatever center we get may not have as many shot attempts as Horford. 

I think it could work out great if Tatum/Brown take another leap, Hayward is much better, and we find a center we can rely on to be our anchor.  Still need to solve slowing down Giannis in the playoffs, maybe Robert Williams will be our secret weapon. Lol

« Reply #145 on: June 26, 2019, 08:42:14 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Going after Kemba is the organization betting that one or both of Tatum/Hayward is going to get to that elite level of play that people saw in Utah or saw in his future as a rookie.

I'm just looking forward to a Celtics team that doesn't look miserable at all times.

« Reply #146 on: June 26, 2019, 09:07:29 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I am not sure what I said earlier in the thread (hopefully I am not contradicting myself), but if Kemba wants to sign here, I guess you have to do it. If for some reason things aren't working out, you can always trade him for somebody that better fits our 'timeline.' And it's not like he's old - it's just that you are trading out Kyrie for Kemba, then giving up Horford, Morris, Rozier, Baynes, and Theis and expecting better results than last year. Just seems like a stretch.

« Reply #147 on: June 26, 2019, 09:28:12 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
it's just that you are trading out Kyrie for Kemba, then giving up Horford, Morris, Rozier, Baynes, and Theis and expecting better results than last year. Just seems like a stretch.
They are counting on Tatum/Hayward to be a lot better and everyone to not hate each other.

Will they be better? Probably not, but if they get 49 wins and are more fun that a punch in the nuts I'll take it.

« Reply #148 on: June 26, 2019, 09:31:03 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Not interested in pgs when big man needs to be addressed.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #149 on: June 26, 2019, 09:49:30 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Sign Kemba with all our max money?  Silly season is in full effect ::)