Author Topic: C's Training Camp Deals (Update 3/13: Bibbs signs 10-day with LAC)  (Read 2267 times)

C's Training Camp Deals (Update 3/13: Bibbs signs 10-day with LAC)
« on: September 08, 2018, 03:37:06 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
#Celtics invite Justin Bibbs (Virginia Tech), others to camp.

https://twitter.com/AmicoHoops/status/1037774453751644160

Those three invitees — former Virginia Tech shooting guard Justin Bibbs, former Middle Tennessee State forward Nick King and former Vanderbilt forward Jeff Roberson.

Bibbs is 6-foot-5 and spent the summer with the Celtics’ entry in the Las Vegas summer league, averaging 5.0 points in six games.

King is 6-7 and played a combined 10 summer games for the Los Angeles Lakers in Las Vegas and Sacramento, posting averages of 8.6 points and 4.7 rebounds.

And Roberson is 6-6 and spent summer league with the Golden State Warriors, averaging 1.6 points in five games.

The addition of those three players would mean the Celtics’ training camp roster is full at 20. Earlier this summer they added two-way players P.J. Dozier and Walter Lemon Jr. to two-way contracts. Dozier is a second cousin to late former Celtics standout Reggie Lewis.

http://amicohoops.net/trio-of-undrafted-rookies-headed-to-celtics-camp/
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 03:46:10 PM by rondofan1255 »

Re: C's Training Camp Deals: Bibbs, King, Roberson
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 03:40:53 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
King looks good

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 04:59:27 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
We will be needing a Jabari replacment sooner of later. I hope this legal thing doesnt drag out and tie up that spot through camp. We could use the time to interview a veteran big for an end of the bench slot.
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 05:38:01 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
I know it's a slow time of year for basketball, so anything is news, but it cracks me up how some people actually get excited or intrigued with these camp signings, or summer league signings. These guys aren't gonna do anything.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2018, 01:24:10 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
I know it's a slow time of year for basketball, so anything is news, but it cracks me up how some people actually get excited or intrigued with these camp signings, or summer league signings. These guys aren't gonna do anything.
Of course they won’t. But it is fun to speculate. It’s what we do here at CB. ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2018, 04:40:32 PM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 164
Of course they won’t. But it is fun to speculate. It’s what we do here at CB. ;D

Of course they probably won’t.

But sometimes camp invites have a future in the league, and hoops junkies like me are always up for scouting another prospect.

I root for the long shots.
'I was proud of Marcus Smart. He did a great job of keeping us together. He might not get credit for this game, but the pace that he played at, and his playcalling, some of the plays that he called were great. We obviously have to rely on him, so I’m definitely looking forward to Marcus leading this team in that role.' - Jaylen Brown, January 2021

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2018, 05:25:59 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

But sometimes camp invites have a future in the league, and hoops junkies like me are always up for scouting another prospect.

a good point, so a tp for you. yes, it is fun to root for them and who knows? one of them may pan out.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2018, 07:24:51 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
it is fun to root for them and who knows? one of them may pan out.

I root they don't hurt our roster trying to make it....

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2018, 09:00:10 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
We will be needing a Jabari replacment sooner of later. I hope this legal thing doesnt drag out and tie up that spot through camp. We could use the time to interview a veteran big for an end of the bench slot.

Last year we carried an open roster spot into mid season when we signed Monroe.  If Bird does get cut, Ainge might well decide to do the same this year, waiting to see what our need are after half a season.

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2018, 11:32:40 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

a good point, so a tp for you. yes, it is fun to root for them and who knows? one of them may pan out.
Yeah, who knows?  Nobody.  However, the odds are none of them will pan out.  They are playing for their own PR mainly, in hopes of catching on somewhere in the NBA.

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2018, 12:06:54 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178

Last year we carried an open roster spot into mid season when we signed Monroe.  If Bird does get cut, Ainge might well decide to do the same this year, waiting to see what our need are after half a season.
I get that and it is logical that we do it again.

Just a little paranoid about our big man depth after Horford,  Baynes  and Theis.

I'm  not advocating we resign someone like Monroe at this point but you can't deny we could use the quality minutes he provided. One bigman injury could knock us out of the playoffs in the first round with our current roster. Who would we turn to? Yabusele? Williams? Semi?

Hope I'm  wrong
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2019, 03:38:41 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
The Clippers intend to sign 6-5 guard Justin Bibbs to a 10-day contract tomorrow, a source told @latimes. Bibbs has averaged 11.8 points, 3.0 rebounds and 2.7 assists for the G League's Maine Red Claws this season.

https://twitter.com/andrewgreif/status/1105653969248882688?s=21