Author Topic: Would Denver make this deal.  (Read 9708 times)

Re: Would Denver make this deal.
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2013, 11:31:24 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
I like and appreciate Ty Lawson more than most, but come on... he's not even in the same league as Rondo.

Agreed totally. I usually don't post in these threads but I feel this discussion is getting way out of line.

Why is Lawson, whose averaging 17 points, 7.1 assists a steal and a half a game, and shoots about .380 from the 3 point line completely not in Rondo's league?

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2013, 11:40:51 AM »

Offline Juneauz

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 19
I spend quite some time on denverstiffs.com being a big Gallinari fan(i'm Italian).

Quite often I read that the only players they were willing to give up pieces of their team for are Lebron James and Rajon Rondo.

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2013, 11:41:48 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Total overvalue of Rondo, even before his injury. 

I would literally jump for joy if Ainge got just Lawson and Faried for Rondo. But it'd never happen under any normal circumstances.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2013, 11:44:01 AM »

Offline Juneauz

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 19
Total overvalue of Rondo, even before his injury. 

I would literally jump for joy if Ainge got just Lawson and Faried for Rondo. But it'd never happen under any normal circumstances.

They'd do that in a heartbeat, trust me.

« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2013, 11:46:29 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I like and appreciate Ty Lawson more than most, but come on... he's not even in the same league as Rondo.

Agreed totally. I usually don't post in these threads but I feel this discussion is getting way out of line.

Why is Lawson, whose averaging 17 points, 7.1 assists a steal and a half a game, and shoots about .380 from the 3 point line completely not in Rondo's league?

Defensive liability, likely already hit his ceiling.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2013, 11:56:05 AM »

Offline Lord of Mikawa

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 66
  • Anti-Lakers&Anti-Heat

When Possible Rondo plus first for Wilson Chandler, Kenneth Farried, and Lawson.

For the Celts tough to turn down IMO. Would the Nuggets want something else back Sully perhaps.
Any GM that would sign off on a trade like that should fired in disgrace. These threads are a shame to this message board. Nobody is trading three solid players for one good one.
Signed to a 6 year $0 contract with the Celtics Blog forum!

« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2013, 11:58:24 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

Objectively, both things could be claimed about Rondo. He's older, can't shoot, and has a torn ACL.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2013, 12:05:54 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
all star point guard for a bunch of role players?

« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2013, 12:16:20 PM »

Offline LEHGOCELTICS

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 18

When Possible Rondo plus first for Wilson Chandler, Kenneth Farried, and Lawson.

For the Celts tough to turn down IMO. Would the Nuggets want something else back Sully perhaps.

LOL this proposal made my day. Thanks for a good laugh.

all in for r rondo all in for r rondo all in for r rondo all in for r rondo all in for r rondo

« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2013, 12:53:10 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288

Objectively, both things could be claimed about Rondo. He's older, can't shoot, and has a torn ACL.

Hasn't his mid range game improved drastically the last couple years?

I like ty lawson but I feel like he only really does one thing, score

« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2013, 01:01:49 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

Drastically? Not that I'm aware of. And he remains a dreadful long range and free throw shooter.

Just pointing out that the likelihood that Rondo is going to improve his existing game in any substantial way is slim -- every bit as slim as Lawson improving... which he's certainly done of late.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2013, 01:10:25 PM »

Offline MVPPierceNoJoke

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
We might be able to get Lawson and Chandler for Rondo. The Nuggets value both guys very much.

« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2013, 01:34:54 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288

Drastically? Not that I'm aware of. And he remains a dreadful long range and free throw shooter.

Just pointing out that the likelihood that Rondo is going to improve his existing game in any substantial way is slim -- every bit as slim as Lawson improving... which he's certainly done of late.

Yeah to your credit you can make a case that any nba player has hit his ceiling, fantastic observation.

I don't know how lawson has improved. He scores, a lot for a team that puts up 120 a night.

« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2013, 02:09:00 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

Yeah to your credit you can make a case that any nba player has hit his ceiling, fantastic observation.

Actually you really can't. But you probably can for a 27 YO in his 7th season who 1) has numbers that haven't really changes in years, 2) has regressed on defense, and 3) just tore his ACL.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2013, 03:27:23 PM »

Offline 1dude

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 1
Sadly, most here are unappreciative of what rondo has done for this team. High praises when he's in beast mode and are easy to forget Rondos dominance come playoff time. Wanna see the kid's value, trade him for a few cents on the dollar, and have Celts being torched by rondo next year. Can Lawson outplay rondo? Good luck Lawson.