Author Topic: Abdel Nader (merged threads)  (Read 85989 times)

Re: Nader
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2016, 05:20:01 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
nader hurt his shoulder just coming back , he has a game tonight and another tomorrow
danny drafted and stashed him,
-morrison the coach said he is working  on his d

Re: Nader
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2016, 06:25:14 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Darth Celtic

nader filling up stats -a double double
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2017, 03:47:23 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
2 assists from triple double -32 points 10 rebounds-4-7 from three,8 assists and 10 rebounds
he has to clean up some turnovers off dribble and cross court kicks after penetration-a strong two handed dunk some steals and blocked shots-
game just ended-but it is on tape

Re: nader filling up stats -a double double
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2017, 03:52:53 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I have a good feeling he may be at least a good bench player one day. 

I'm ready to loose Young and give Nader a shot

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2017, 04:45:31 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Mickey looks like Chamberlain in the D-League, so it's best to temper expectations.

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2017, 04:48:53 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

I can't believe the number of people on the internet that don't know the difference between lose and loose. 

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2017, 05:12:57 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Too small to play power forward, too slow to play small forward.
He's a tweener.
That is the problem.

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2017, 05:16:57 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

I can't believe the number of people on the internet that don't know the difference between lose and loose.

I can't either, but it's pretty far down my list of things wrong with people on the internet.

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2017, 05:17:20 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
If the Celts pull off the trade I'm hoping for (Cousins) and have to give up Brown, I wonder if they would give Nader a shot at backing up Crowder.

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2017, 05:18:20 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
If the Celts pull off the trade I'm hoping for (Cousins) and have to give up Brown, I wonder if they would give Nader a shot at backing up Crowder.

LOL

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2017, 05:20:12 PM »

Offline CelticPride2016

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 247
Mickey looks like Chamberlain in the D-League, so it's best to temper expectations.

This is true, except I think it was Fab Melo who was the Wilt Chamberlain of the D-League.

Danny could easily cut Mickey (or unload Zeller) and Young and then add Nader and Zizac for the second half. Brad might then have players with something unique to offer from the deep end of the bench.

We should make sure guys like Zizac and Nader aren't hidden gems before spending outrageous assets in "on tilt" trades.

My problem with Nader is similar to Rozier. Where does Nader fit into a rotation which includes Brown and Crowder? I could see Brown at shooting guard and Jae at SF. I mean, they might not be redundant. I think we can keep both of them long-term in the same rotation. Where is there room for Rozier and Nader? Zizac fills a certain hole.

Yabusele seems destined to fill a future power forward slot. I think Olynyk will be resigned if not included in a trade for a big such as Noel.

Demetrius Jackson is another player.

Danny can't keep everyone. There are still a million more draft picks to select to add on to all the stashes and semi-stashes like Nader.

It's a catch-22? You are trying to win, so you can't play them? Only upper echelon talent like Brown and Smart are capable enough to be thrown into the NBA fire?

Rozier has potential as a rotation quality guard, but Smart has taken away his minutes. Unless there is an injury, he is only an asset to such a degree. It's amazing that James Young is still on the team. It should have been Nader, then this wouldn't be turning into a potential issue. I guess who can blame Danny for wanting the cake and to eat it too. He's drooling over a boatload of assets and some will probably be lost. Hopefully he doesn't pick the wrong guys. RJ Hunter will probably never haunt us, but Nader could.

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2017, 05:20:44 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

"Loose" could actually be correct in this context, though (as in "let him loose", but using it as a verb)
I'm bitter.

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2017, 05:30:55 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas

LOL

I don't mean giving him 15 minutes a game right away and assuming he can handle that.  Jerebko would continue to get minutes at the three as would Smart.  But I wonder if they would sign him to the team and give him a look and a chance to earn minutes.  He's been about or close to the best player in the d league. He's averaging 22.5 points on 48% shooting, 40% 3 pt shooting, 6.3 rebounds, 3.2 assists, 1.2 steals, and 0.7 blocks per game and he's only been getting better.  There is not much more he can do down there.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 06:10:04 PM by knuckleballer »

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2017, 05:35:07 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
i post his numbers because i think nader is a good basketball player who is on the rise-he does a lot right with some elite skills and wingspan
he could wind up a 40% 3 point shooter and a player that takes whats given and makes the right play-he is not a chucker but aggressively gets to the hoop  or kicks unlike james-
for such a late draft choice i assume he has already exceeded expectations

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2017, 05:41:16 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
I haven't watched any of the Red Claws' games, how does his defense look?