Author Topic: Celtics (0-2) at Pistons (1-1) Game #3 11/3  (Read 61878 times)

Re: Celtics (0-2) at Pistons (1-1) Game #3 11/3
« Reply #165 on: November 03, 2013, 07:17:27 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Bradley is starting to look like he doesn't deserve to start anymore.  Not that we have a real starting backcourt.

Rondo+ who?

I'm over the Avery Bradley PG experiment. He's not a point. And he's an awful offensive player to be a starting caliber SG. Imo, his ceiling is the first guard off the bench for a good team. His ball handling struggles would be less magnified against second units and he can change the pace of a game with his defense.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #166 on: November 03, 2013, 07:17:49 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
How good to you think Drummond can get in his prime?  He's 20.  When he was drafted they suggested his ceiling might be "bigger Amare in his prime".

I feel a little foolish for suggesting we could potentially trade Rondo + Wallace for Charlie V (expiring), Stuckey (expiring) and Drummond.  In retrospect, that's laughable.  THere's no way the Pistons would give up Drummond.

I don't want to be rude, but why are you trolling a game thread?

hahaha... no, it's just that according to LarBrd33 we'd rather have anyone but Rondo, who isn't a very good player.

I strongly disagree... If Dumars wants Rondo, he must give us Drummond, Monroe AND a an unprotected first rounder. Rondo is that good.
I think Monroe for Rondo is more reasonable, but there's no point to that.  The point was to dump bad contracts and get a guy on his rookie contract with serious potential.

Funny when I suggested Rondo + Wallace for Charlie V (expiring), Stuckey (Expiring) and Drummond... some fans reacted very negatively saying that was "nowhere near enough for Rondo".  Just LarBrd33 being cray-cray.  In retrospect, I was asking for too much.  That's obvious now.

« Reply #167 on: November 03, 2013, 07:18:00 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
How good to you think Drummond can get in his prime?  He's 20.  When he was drafted they suggested his ceiling might be "bigger Amare in his prime".

I feel a little foolish for suggesting we could potentially trade Rondo + Wallace for Charlie V (expiring), Stuckey (expiring) and Drummond.  In retrospect, that's laughable.  THere's no way the Pistons would give up Drummond.

Are we watching the same game?  Drummond is beasting.  I'm not sure if the dude actually has post moves yet, because all we're seeing is dunks.  But I suggested multiple times over the summer that we could possibly net Drummond for Rondo.  A few people disagreed and said there was no way the Pistons would give up Drummond.  They were clearly right.  I admit when I'm wrong.  No way would Detroit swap Drummond for Rondo.  He's their future.

Who says Andre Drummond's not a beast.  Of course he is. 

I don't dispute that. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #168 on: November 03, 2013, 07:20:23 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Are we watching the same game?  Drummond is beasting.  I'm not sure if the dude actually has post moves yet, because all we're seeing is dunks.  But I suggested multiple times over the summer that we could possibly net Drummond for Rondo.  A few people disagreed and said there was no way the Pistons would give up Drummond.  They were clearly right.  I admit when I'm wrong.  No way would Detroit swap Drummond for Rondo.  He's their future.

I don't dispute that.
Cool.  We're on the same page.  Drummond is beasting.  It's the story of this game thus far. 

« Reply #169 on: November 03, 2013, 07:21:17 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

I don't dispute that.

Isn't there a Rondo to  thread (or 53 different threads) in the Trade Idea forum?
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #170 on: November 03, 2013, 07:21:24 PM »

Offline Shamrocker

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 69
Bradley is starting to look like he doesn't deserve to start anymore.  Not that we have a real starting backcourt.

Rondo+ who?

I'm over the Avery Bradley PG experiment. He's not a point. And he's an awful offensive player to be a starting caliber SG. Imo, his ceiling is the first guard off the bench for a good team. His ball handling struggles would be less magnified against second units and he can change the pace of a game with his defense.

1-7. Another pathetic shooting night. And to think some people were advocating pay this kid 6 million a year.  ::)

« Reply #171 on: November 03, 2013, 07:21:25 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I'm so tired of watching Celtic basketball without a real pg on the court.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #172 on: November 03, 2013, 07:22:26 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Rondo+ who?

There's no better option right now.  Bradley getting PG minutes is fine for the moment.  Long-term, he's probably a backup PG.  It's good for him to get his reps in now when there's no pressure to actually win games. 

« Reply #173 on: November 03, 2013, 07:22:38 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

He should not be starting at PG, period.

Agree, it's not in his skillset or DNA.

« Reply #174 on: November 03, 2013, 07:22:58 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

I don't dispute that.
Cool.  We're on the same page.  Drummond is beasting.  It's the story of this game thus far.

Although, at this point, he doesn't really do anything other than dunk the ball of cuts and pick and rolls (like you said).  If he develops some post moves, the sky is the limit. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #175 on: November 03, 2013, 07:24:15 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
Bradley, smh...

« Reply #176 on: November 03, 2013, 07:25:36 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
WTH is Jeff Green doing!?

Three offensive plays and all he did was stand up. And he has the nerve to call his teammates out!?
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #177 on: November 03, 2013, 07:25:52 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429

Rondo+ who?

A million times this

« Reply #178 on: November 03, 2013, 07:26:01 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

I don't dispute that.

Although, at this point, he doesn't really do anything other than dunk the ball of cuts and pick and rolls (like you said).  If he develops some post moves, the sky is the limit.
A couple years ago before Drummond was even drafted, I wanted to trade Pierce for a lotto pick.  I would have used it on Drummond.  Dude always had serious potential and he seems to be living up to it.   THat was my pipe dream back then... dumping Pierce for an expiring contract and Drummond.  OH well.

« Reply #179 on: November 03, 2013, 07:26:02 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
At what point does one just have to say Bradley can't shoot?