Author Topic: Lakers (2-2) at Celtics (2-2) Game 5 6/13  (Read 134720 times)

Re: Lakers (2-2) at Celtics (2-2) Game 5 6/13
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2010, 09:05:25 PM »

Offline kw10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 49
  • KG is da Man
Let's go C's!!!!!

Let's take this crucial game!

No more having half the team playing good and the other mediocre!

It's time to click together, everyone give it all you got! Only 2 more games, 3 max!

C'on Cs!!

Beat LA! Beat LA! Beat LA!

Ubuntu!
Anything is possible!!!

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2010, 09:14:08 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
TP FLCF. LOL @ these photos. Impeccable choices  ;D
Let's get on a roll and get a step closer to #18. Go Celtics!
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2010, 09:21:07 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
looks like bynum will play...but i dont expect much from him ala game 4

If he doesn't contribute from here on the if only Bynum were healthy excuse really needs to be put to pasture. To join other wiEdited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.l fantasies such as if only Rondo had a jumpshot or if only Dwight had a post move or if only Amar'e would grab some rebounds etc.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2010, 10:02:01 PM »

Offline MaxwellSmart86

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 144
C's gotta stop walking this tightrope...They better not come out timid just because it isn't a Must-win game...My nerves can't handle this style of play.

Just for once, destroy the opponent the next 2 games...Ray's legs have rested enough--Time for Rondo to ATTACK the entire time he's in there (he's only had 1 good game in 4)...Paul must also attack the rim at every opportunity...Oh, and as for the bench---how about showing up 2 games in a row and surprise us all.

Come out strong!!--the Lakers look like they are starting to crack--arguing amongst themselves a bit.

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2010, 10:36:46 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
This game scares for the simple fact its a must win. If they play relaxed & come out passively-Lakers win. If they stay on the attack & play with focus-Celtics win. Which Celtics shows up remains to be seen?

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2010, 04:53:25 AM »

Offline marshall07

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 4
i'm calling this game a blowout...  we are bound to gel together for one game, and i just have a feeling it's this one.  the reason why is that our success on offense will energize the defense.  kobe's still gassed and bynum will be a non-issue.  odom is off his sugar high, and gasol is having a ton of problems on offense.  DONE.

C's 104, L's 81.

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2010, 05:17:55 AM »

Kiorrik

i'm calling this game a blowout...  we are bound to gel together for one game, and i just have a feeling it's this one.  the reason why is that our success on offense will energize the defense.  kobe's still gassed and bynum will be a non-issue.  odom is off his sugar high, and gasol is having a ton of problems on offense.  DONE.

C's 104, L's 81.
Bold statement. Here's a Tommy Point with your name on it.

Enjoy the stay at the blog ;)

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2010, 05:34:54 AM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 70
I really look for at least three of our four best players to have strong games tomorrow. If you're PP, RA, and KG, imagine what it's like getting ready for tonight's game. You win, you're probably going to pull in a second title in Los Angeles. And what does that do for your legacy? Puts you in pretty undeniable company in the history of this franchise. AND it positions you for a 'three titles in four years' run next year.

I hope we've got a group of Celtics legends sitting in the stands of the Garden tonight.

And a group of (future) Celtics legends on the floor doing them proud.

I can't wait for this one.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 06:22:40 AM by FallGuy »

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2010, 05:56:29 AM »

Kiorrik

Okay, my predictions:

(I love going out on a limp :p)

Captain Pierce: Good Q 1 and 3, invisible in 2 and 4.
Rayray: +- 18 points
Garnett: Shabby, but will rack up 15 points and will do well on rebounds.
Rondo: I think he'll have 3 good quarters, dunno when they will come though, he will be the games best player. He's also going to make his 3 point shots :p
Perkins: Another mediocre game, 10 points and 7 rebounds.

The Bench:

Sheed: will do more great D, will be getting some FAVORABLE calls, and rack up +- 15 points.
Baby: +- 12 points, 4 rebounds.
Nate: largely invisible, will hit two threes and maybe get up to 8 points, no more.

That concludes my thoughts on the next game :p

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2010, 05:59:27 AM »

Offline Rida

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 86
Ray will have a big game.

Ray always plays well on Sundays.

I had him in my fantasy league team and I know this to be true.

The  8, 3ptr performance happened last Sunday (even if it feels like it was months ago!)

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2010, 06:28:11 AM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 70
C's gotta stop walking this tightrope...They better not come out timid just because it isn't a Must-win game...My nerves can't handle this style of play.

Just for once, destroy the opponent the next 2 games...Ray's legs have rested enough--Time for Rondo to ATTACK the entire time he's in there (he's only had 1 good game in 4)...Paul must also attack the rim at every opportunity...Oh, and as for the bench---how about showing up 2 games in a row and surprise us all.

Come out strong!!--the Lakers look like they are starting to crack--arguing amongst themselves a bit.

I agree with you. I think that team is on a precarious perch.

Just watch what happens if the Lakers get down in this one and Kobe's teammates aren't bringing it.

There's no Ubuntu on that team.

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2010, 08:16:17 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Excellent choice of pics for the Lakers once again FL, you were right to stick with the same pics!

Crucial game tonight. Like every game in the Finals, of course, but even more! The winner will take a serious advantage for the title, even though I'm strangely confident that we could win game 6 in L.A after losing this one.

But let's not talk about a loss, I think tonight will be the great game from the C's that we have expected for a long time. Last home game of the season, the Garden will be raucous, crazy, and the Celtics will be determined to finally take the lead in the series.

I expect a big game from two of the Big Three (my guess : Ray - with well rested legs after 3 days of rest - and Pierce), and Rondo, who is due for a big game (and a bounce back game). Would be great to see the bench step up once again.

TP FL and let's go Celtics, put all you have in tonight's game, let's take a 3-2 lead before heading back to California!! Can't wait for tipoff!!

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2010, 09:36:38 AM »

Offline Las Vegas Asian

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 6
Here's the officials assigned for tonight's game:

Mike Callahan
Joey Crawford
Derrick Stafford

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2010, 09:45:15 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 656
  • MASTER OF PANIC
crawford again??? ugh...tonight is the night rondo and ray have big games

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2010, 09:56:19 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
My predictions:

Cs win tonight in what looks to be a blowout through 3.5 quarters, but the Lakers storm back (but fall short) in the waning minutes.

Perkins picks up a tech when he and Gasol get into it.

All the talk heading into Game 6 will be that the Lakers have momentum, have the big man advantage (since Perk will be out Game 6) and home court (even though Cs will be up 3-2 in the series).
Celtics fan for life.