Author Topic: Isaiah May Choose To Miss Game 2  (Read 6319 times)

Isaiah May Choose To Miss Game 2
« on: April 16, 2017, 10:32:25 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2958
  • On To Banner 18!
https://twitter.com/BillDoyle15/status/853785955970535424?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Perfectly fine with this. Family first.

There was another tweet by someone saying that he may miss it for the funeral, but I couldn't find that specific one anymore (it's lost somewhere I guess or my eyes aren't functioning). This one was close though too and echoed the same thing.

It's just disappointing seeing IT give it his all, but the rest of the team besides Horford and Bradley just didn't show up or step up. Frontcourt besides Horford was abysmal.

UPDATE: Found it

https://twitter.com/JaredWeissNBA/status/853785539119644672?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.celticsblog.com%2F2017%2F4%2F16%2F15321724%2Fisaiah-thomas-shines-in-emotional-106-102-game-1-loss-to-bulls-on-easter
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 10:39:38 PM by Phantom255x »
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: Isaiah May Choose To Miss Game 2
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 10:36:28 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Always bad to waste a good game from your best player.

Especially bad to do it in this situation.

Really not feeling good after Game 1.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 10:38:12 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2706
After how his team played tonight considering he played under those circumstances, I wouldn't blame him if he feels like missing the rest of the series.

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 10:41:10 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2958
  • On To Banner 18!
After how his team played tonight considering he played under those circumstances, I wouldn't blame him if he feels like missing the rest of the series.

Yeah, maybe that will show people how BAD this team is without him.

Maybe instead of blaming IT in games (both regular season and playoffs), we should blame the lack of help around him (no rebounding, no consistent secondary scoring threat...). IT can't carry this team all the time, and without him this is a lottery team.

When IT sat in the bench, the Bulls managed to go on runs while the C's threw up bricks.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2017, 11:01:08 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
He should ......his team let him down on the court.

Go be with your family . 

This team deserves to get the stuffing beat out of them without IT to save them.

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2017, 11:04:32 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
He should ......his team let him down on the court.

Go be with your family . 

This team deserves to get the stuffing beat out of them without IT to save them.

Completely agree.  He should sit the rest of the series, take care of himself.  His teammates let him down in a big way, tonight.  I've lost some respect for them.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2017, 11:11:07 PM »

Online mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 600
Half of the team won't even make it in the roster next season. I'd demand Danny's head if he resign Olynyk and Jerebko. Crowder may go too if he continues to play half-assed

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2017, 11:13:08 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Isaiah should do what is right for his family. If Basketball is what is right, then he should play. If it isnt he shouldnt. Only he can know what the right decision is for him.

I dont think his teammates performances tonight will affect the decision.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2017, 11:19:53 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
Isaiah should do what is right for his family. If Basketball is what is right, then he should play. If it isnt he shouldnt. Only he can know what the right decision is for him.

It should affect his decision.  If he's sacrificing far more than his teammates, he should prioritize his own well-being.  They'll likely lose the series, anyway.  He's done more than enough to earn his salary this season.

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2017, 11:23:52 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
You know for the first time, this is a game where i really don't care if we win or not...i know it's the playoffs but seeing your best player, your leader out there, it kinda shows how strong he is but you know how hard it is for him

https://streamable.com/dujue I saw that live and it absolutely breaks my heart. I think anyone can agree that if Thomas chooses to not play game 2 or 3, that it's understandable. Absolutely tragic. And seeing Bradley there for him is a good thing knowing that those two basically grew up with each other...i think in a way, it hurts the team too emotionally, i mean these people been playing together for 3 years, some of those players are probably very close to each other by now not named Bradley.

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2017, 11:25:46 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

It should affect his decision.  If he's sacrificing far more than his teammates, he should prioritize his own well-being.  They'll likely lose the series, anyway.  He's done more than enough to earn his salary this season.
if being with his family is best for him, it should be best for him whether or not this Celtics team showed up tonight or not. 
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2017, 11:37:44 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

if being with his family is best for him, it should be best for him whether or not this Celtics team showed up tonight or not.

I agree with that sentiment.  I also wouldn't fault him if the game tonight affects his decision to sit or play either, though.  His emotions have to be running very high right now.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 11:52:40 PM by tarheelsxxiii »

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2017, 12:12:42 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I don't blame him for choosing to sit out the next one.  There's nothing worth fight for.  Danny Ainge Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ed him over.  Heal and get better, bro.  You've earned it. 

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2017, 12:18:48 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
IT has the right to miss the game if he chooses, ethically and probably legally.  I wouldn't begrudge him in the least, family is more important.

But I seriously doubt that will happen.  IT being the good guy he is, most likely would feel like he owes it to his team to be there despite the fact he doesn't actually owe that to them.

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2017, 07:09:06 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743
Right attitude in this thread. Isaiah has to take the time he needs, that's what's most important.

The rest of the team is just going to have to respond accordingly and play their asses off, no matter what.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008