Author Topic: Heat (1-3) at Celtics (3-1) Round 1 Game #5 5/1/24  (Read 13042 times)

Re: Heat (1-3) at Celtics (3-1) Round 1 Game #5 5/1/24
« Reply #570 on: May 03, 2024, 07:48:41 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 707
  • MASTER OF PANIC
so, I understand this is Miami without butler/rozier/vasquez.

but am I the only one who sees the celtics closing the series out with a convincing blowout win a big deal? not in the context of talent. but on compared to the last 2 years, celtics basically said we are finishing this series and blew Miami out in 3 straight games. Did what they had to do. We didn't unnecessarily extend series because we expected the other team to just roll over. Like we did letting atlanta take us to 6. or like we did letting harden scorch us last year because embiid was out. 

i keep seeing comments about our next series on how we will choke and give away games like last year. and maybe we will. But this was potentially a sign of growth on this team that they aren't taking teams for granted anymore.

What is comical is the national media before the game demanding Boston come out and beat the brakes off the Heat. The Celtics did and that same national media downplayed it saying that is what they should have done.

« Reply #571 on: May 03, 2024, 08:02:50 AM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 628

but am I the only one who sees the celtics closing the series out with a convincing blowout win a big deal? not in the context of talent. but on compared to the last 2 years, celtics basically said we are finishing this series and blew Miami out in 3 straight games. Did what they had to do. We didn't unnecessarily extend series because we expected the other team to just roll over. Like we did letting atlanta take us to 6. or like we did letting harden scorch us last year because embiid was out. 

i keep seeing comments about our next series on how we will choke and give away games like last year. and maybe we will. But this was potentially a sign of growth on this team that they aren't taking teams for granted anymore.

Co-sign

It’s an attitude change they’ve had all season that’s been different from previous years. That attitude of “entitlement “ that many in here complain about has not been present.

« Reply #572 on: May 03, 2024, 08:07:44 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2977

What is comical is the national media before the game demanding Boston come out and beat the brakes off the Heat. The Celtics did and that same national media downplayed it saying that is what they should have done.

It’s a Lakers World 😃

« Reply #573 on: May 03, 2024, 08:11:01 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 887

Yes, it isn’t just that they won. They were expected to win. It is how they won and how they played including body language, attitude, approach, the whole package.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2024, 11:49:54 AM by Vermont Green »

« Reply #574 on: May 03, 2024, 11:34:37 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2509

Yes, it isn’t. Just that they won. They were expected to win. It is how they won and how they played including body language, attitude, approach, the whole package.

Yeah i thought our body language sucked for much of game 1 and too. Lots of fear and moping.

Seems like they woke up after that and took care of business like grown men. Maybe we're tired of being the "little brother" Good to see.