Author Topic: Tom Thibodeau to coach Knicks  (Read 7088 times)

Re: Tom Thibodeau to coach Knicks
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2021, 08:59:57 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1410
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Count me surprised to see the Thibs hate here. People seem to punish him with a bad wrap from Minnesota when he had to coach lazy primadonnas in KAT, Wiggins, and Butler.

Thibs is 11th all time in career winning percentage for coaches with over 500 games coached all time. Thibs has a .589 win percentage in eight seasons. He brought the Bulls (then young) to five playoffs and may have won a championship if Rose didn't get hurt. In his 7 full seasons he had had 6 above 500 teams missing the playoffs only once. He was 19-21 in his Eighth season when he got canned in Minny.

I get that he has run players into the ground but to call him a bad coach? Doesn't make sense to me.

Bumping this.

Tommy Thibs was the best acquisition of the off-season.
I think it's funny that you've bumped a post where you call Jimmy Butler a lazy primadonna

Apparently you didn’t watch his time in Minnesota.

You mean they're only playoff appearance in the last 15 years?

2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2021, 09:48:09 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Count me surprised to see the Thibs hate here. People seem to punish him with a bad wrap from Minnesota when he had to coach lazy primadonnas in KAT, Wiggins, and Butler.

Thibs is 11th all time in career winning percentage for coaches with over 500 games coached all time. Thibs has a .589 win percentage in eight seasons. He brought the Bulls (then young) to five playoffs and may have won a championship if Rose didn't get hurt. In his 7 full seasons he had had 6 above 500 teams missing the playoffs only once. He was 19-21 in his Eighth season when he got canned in Minny.

I get that he has run players into the ground but to call him a bad coach? Doesn't make sense to me.

Bumping this.

I think it's funny that you've bumped a post where you call Jimmy Butler a lazy primadonna

Yeah that year under Tom Thibs. When Butler then acted like a primadonna, forced his way out, and continued to send the franchise on a path to ruins.

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2021, 10:39:44 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1410
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Bumping this.

Yeah that year under Tom Thibs. When Butler then acted like a primadonna, forced his way out, and continued to send the franchise on a path to ruins.

Oh yeah, I remember that year. When they were a top 4 seed with Butler, he tore his meniscus and they almost fell out of the playoffs without him before he came back and saved their only playoff berth in a decade and a half even though he clearly wasn't at 100%.

I do recall that.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2021, 11:51:34 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones

Bumping this.

Oh yeah, I remember that year. When they were a top 4 seed with Butler, he tore his meniscus and they almost fell out of the playoffs without him before he came back and saved their only playoff berth in a decade and a half even though he clearly wasn't at 100%.

I do recall that.

Right... You're talking about this tenure right?

Timberwolves all-star guard Jimmy Butler briefly practiced with the team Wednesday and reportedly made his presence felt, to put it lightly.

Butler scrimmaged with the Wolves for less than an hour Wednesday, according to a source. ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski reported that during practice Butler verbally challenged teammates, coaches and the Wolves front office, specifically targeting coach Tom Thibodeau, general manager Scott Layden and Karl-Anthony Towns and Andrew Wiggins. Butler reportedly turned to Layden during the scrimmage and screamed “you (bleeping) need me. You can’t win without me.”

The tenure when he was acting like a primadonna?

Never said anything about Butler being a bad player, never said anything about him not impacting that playoff run. They don't make the playoffs without him. I called him a primadonna. Which is factual with evidence to back that up.

« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2021, 06:23:39 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Bumping this.

I do recall that.

Timberwolves all-star guard Jimmy Butler briefly practiced with the team Wednesday and reportedly made his presence felt, to put it lightly.

Butler scrimmaged with the Wolves for less than an hour Wednesday, according to a source. ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski reported that during practice Butler verbally challenged teammates, coaches and the Wolves front office, specifically targeting coach Tom Thibodeau, general manager Scott Layden and Karl-Anthony Towns and Andrew Wiggins. Butler reportedly turned to Layden during the scrimmage and screamed “you (bleeping) need me. You can’t win without me.”

Never said anything about Butler being a bad player, never said anything about him not impacting that playoff run. They don't make the playoffs without him. I called him a primadonna. Which is factual with evidence to back that up.
If a story about KG doing this here came out why do I think you wouldn’t call him a prima donna? 🤔
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2021, 08:05:37 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones

Bumping this.

I do recall that.

If a story about KG doing this here came out why do I think you wouldn’t call him a prima donna? 🤔

Lol because there is no such story. What is wrong with you people?