Author Topic: 2014 Pick 2: General Commentary  (Read 260374 times)

Re: 2014 Pick 2: General Commentary
« Reply #825 on: March 14, 2014, 02:48:02 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
The Sacramento Kings are going to take a youngish journeyman wing and go with Wesley Johnson who is playing well for that team out west.

Always root for Wesley to do well - he seems to have finally found a good niche in D'Antoni's system.  Hope he can parlay it into a solid career.

Not the reclamation project from LAL that I would've picked. Wesley Johnson might have bought himself another few years in the league, but they've got another guy who I think has an outside shot of being a real-life better than replacement starter if he can build on this season.

Kendall Marshall was already drafted a few rounds ago, and was a solid pick.

No one else on the Lakers roster fits that description.

« Reply #826 on: March 14, 2014, 02:49:19 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
The Sacramento Kings are going to take a youngish journeyman wing and go with Wesley Johnson who is playing well for that team out west.

Always root for Wesley to do well - he seems to have finally found a good niche in D'Antoni's system.  Hope he can parlay it into a solid career.

Not the reclamation project from LAL that I would've picked. Wesley Johnson might have bought himself another few years in the league, but they've got another guy who I think has an outside shot of being a real-life better than replacement starter if he can build on this season.

I think I know who he means but mum's the word til the round's over.

« Reply #827 on: March 14, 2014, 02:53:28 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Oh, I'm sure I know exactly who he means, probably one if his DKC guys.

He'd be wrong.

« Reply #828 on: March 14, 2014, 02:57:05 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I love the Perk pick. Genuine physical toughness. Muscle and length in the post and at the rim.

I really like the Richard Jefferson one too. RJ has real quality for a deep reserve. Still a solid defender and has become a really good 3 point shooter. Good two-way bench player.

Thanks. I'll always defend the fact that Perk brings more to the table than his stats show just due to his physical intimidation. When Perk was alongside KG no one wanted to drive in the paint, as soon as Perk was traded, teams attacked KG and never looked back.

« Reply #829 on: March 14, 2014, 03:03:53 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Oh, I'm sure I know exactly who he means, probably one if his DKC guys.

He'd be wrong.

You're wrong. I have....DUM DUM DUMMMM

statistics

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #830 on: March 14, 2014, 03:08:39 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
CJ Miles is a great pick. Undervalued player.

I was hoping he'd still be there by my pick. So close ... two picks away.

« Reply #831 on: March 14, 2014, 03:10:02 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I love the Perk pick. Genuine physical toughness. Muscle and length in the post and at the rim.

I really like the Richard Jefferson one too. RJ has real quality for a deep reserve. Still a solid defender and has become a really good 3 point shooter. Good two-way bench player.

Thanks. I'll always defend the fact that Perk brings more to the table than his stats show just due to his physical intimidation. When Perk was alongside KG no one wanted to drive in the paint, as soon as Perk was traded, teams attacked KG and never looked back.
TP to you PJ for taking Perk.  loved him in Boston.  Was going to buy a Perk jersey when I heard the news of the trade.  talk about weird timing.

« Reply #832 on: March 14, 2014, 03:15:17 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
2014 Pick 2 New Orleans Pelicans

PG: George Hill/Jameer Nelson/Mario Chalmers
SG: Victor Oladipo/Kobe Bryant/(Mario Chalmers)
SF: Chandler Parsons/P.J. Tucker
PF: Anthony Davis/Brandon Bass/Mike Scott
C: DeAndre Jordan/Enes Kanter

Love this team. Defense, rebounding, efficient offense, youth, experience, superstar talent, guys that can shoot, guys that can score.

Very happy with this team and if Kobe can come back close to Kobe, I think 2015 can belong to this team.

« Reply #833 on: March 14, 2014, 03:16:05 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones

TP to you PJ for taking Perk.  loved him in Boston.  Was going to buy a Perk jersey when I heard the news of the trade.  talk about weird timing.

I dont think there has ever been a player that at one point in his career I was so completely frustrated with and then my opinion completely changed on so much. Throughout the years watching him grow and develop as a player was fascinating to watch. He became a favorite of mine and I will always respect what he did for the Celtics during that championship run.

« Reply #834 on: March 14, 2014, 03:18:02 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
As the game comes to a close, I'd like to thank all of you GMs for a relatively smooth and hiccup-free Pick 2 draft. This was my first time commishing, and despite how much work it was, it could have been a lot worse without your cooperation.

Hope y'all had fun, and feel free to keep up the conversation of your teams in this thread.

« Reply #835 on: March 14, 2014, 03:19:28 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
As the game comes to a close, I'd like to thank all of you GMs for a relatively smooth and hiccup-free Pick 2 draft. This was my first time commishing, and despite how much work it was, it could have been a lot worse without your cooperation.

Hope y'all had fun, and feel free to keep up the conversation of your teams in this thread.

TP for the hard work. My first pick 2, definitely love participating in these CB drafts.

« Reply #836 on: March 14, 2014, 03:24:50 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

TP for the hard work. My first pick 2, definitely love participating in these CB drafts.

+1 ... Thanks for all the hard work putting this together.

« Reply #837 on: March 14, 2014, 03:42:11 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I believe this is PHX's Roster and possible rotations.

PG:  Jure Holiday / Goran Dragic / Alec Burks
SG: Goran Dragic / OJ Mayo / Marcus Thornton
SF:  Rudy Gay / Andrei Kirilenko
PF:  Terrence Jones / Draymond Green
C :  Andrew Bogut / Amar'e Stoudemire / Jason Smith

Admittedly, it may not be a Championship contending team but we are going to be a tough outing for anyone else.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #838 on: March 14, 2014, 03:44:34 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

The thing about Johnson this year is he has actually been quite good.  28.6 minutes a game with 9.3 p, 4.1 r, 1.4 a, 1.1 s, 1.1 b on 37% from three, 48.5% from two, 78% from the line, and with + defense overall.  Pretty solid year on the whole and still not in his prime.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #839 on: March 14, 2014, 03:53:45 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
PJ, you there?
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6