Author Topic: Police Concert in Mansfield, MA 7/31 Not Sold Out  (Read 2919 times)

Police Concert in Mansfield, MA 7/31 Not Sold Out
« on: July 22, 2008, 02:05:28 AM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I saw an ad last night saying tickets were still available, so I looked on Ticketmaster and there are indeed plenty of good seats.  I ended up getting really nice seats for about 1/3 of face value on ebay (still not cheap, but by todays standards a heck of a deal).  I'm taking my wife for her birthday.  I'm a little excited to see the Police.  They were my first concert I ever saw (in Foxboro 25 years ago  :o )

Has anyone seen them on this tour?  I'm guessing they're not sold out because everyone who has wanted see them has had ample opportunity to do so already.  I'm hoping it's not just because they suck at this point!
Yup

Re: Police Concert in Mansfield, MA 7/31 Not Sold Out
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 10:28:08 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
I wanted to go see them last year
in Aarhus, Denmark, but the tickets
cost like 150 dollars. That was a bit
on the heavy side.
Two of my friends went there, though,
and they were not disappointed.

I hope you and the missus have a great time!

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 10:37:36 AM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
I wanted to go see them last year
in Aarhus, Denmark, but the tickets
cost like 150 dollars. That was a bit
on the heavy side.
Two of my friends went there, though,
and they were not disappointed.

I hope you and the missus have a great time!

I'm going to be paying about that for seats in first section to right of the stage - and I won't have to pay all of Ticketmaster's silly "convenience fees" etc...

It's pretty crazy what an easy ticket they are at this point.  The Fenway Park shows last year were insanely expensive.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 10:57:55 AM by Redz »
Yup

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 10:54:13 AM »

Offline sagecounsel

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
Saw them in Madison Square Garden nose bleed seats.

They rocked.

I would fully expect a great time.

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 01:54:21 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Great show.  They sounded better than they did 25 years ago when I saw them.  They played some pretty unexpected backtracks too, which was fun to hear. 
Yup

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 02:27:20 PM »

Offline SShoreFan 2.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 201
 :'(

was unable to attend, but did sell my tickets.

:'(
I love my kids, call me a sap - it's true.

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 02:29:26 PM »

Offline SShoreFan 2.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 201
I saw an ad last night saying tickets were still available, so I looked on Ticketmaster and there are indeed plenty of good seats.  I ended up getting really nice seats for about 1/3 of face value on ebay (still not cheap, but by todays standards a heck of a deal).  I'm taking my wife for her birthday.  I'm a little excited to see the Police.  They were my first concert I ever saw (in Foxboro 25 years ago  :o )

Has anyone seen them on this tour?  I'm guessing they're not sold out because everyone who has wanted see them has had ample opportunity to do so already.  I'm hoping it's not just because they suck at this point!

I am jealous..........of the Foxboro show 25 years ago.  Flock of Seagulls and the Fixx opened up and my parents wouldn't let me go despite having tickets.

Cool first concert to go to, my first show was Johnny Cash.
I love my kids, call me a sap - it's true.

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2008, 02:35:18 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

I am jealous..........of the Foxboro show 25 years ago.  Flock of Seagulls and the Fixx opened up and my parents wouldn't let me go despite having tickets.

Cool first concert to go to, my first show was Johnny Cash.

Flock of Seahulls were a serious snoozer - I seriously almost fell asleep.  The Fixx were excellent though.
Yup