Author Topic: The best thing about a playoff series for the Celtics  (Read 2766 times)

The best thing about a playoff series for the Celtics
« on: April 09, 2015, 11:22:41 PM »

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 72
is that Marcus Smart and IT get some nice valuable experience......

Bradley has had some already but also good for him but not as valuable for him as it is for Smart and IT, I think its huge.

Olynyk and Sully are both and possibly will be expendable somewhere along the lines.

Crowder could be a nice piece,

Bass, who knows

Zeller is a tough one but he could be a piece as well.

Turner , i just dont expect to be part of this, either he will bolt and take some money or Ainge has done enough to make him look decent to trade him away...

What I do know is its good to see Marcus and IT play in a 7 game series.

Re: The best thing about a playoff series for the Celtics
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 11:34:20 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
The best thing about a playoff series is getting to watch four or maybe five extra games.  Plus the team gets some extra revenue.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 12:45:28 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Even though I'm not a member of the pro-playoffs camp, to me, the best thing about making the playoffs (if we do), especially if our opponent was the Cavs, would be hearing Tommy blast Lebron for two games, lol (I'm assuming he won't make the trip to Cleveland), ;D but that's it.  That's the best that I can come up with, lol. ;D

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 01:01:57 AM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
The best thing about a playoff series is getting to watch four or maybe five extra games.  Plus the team gets some extra revenue.

PhoSita, I know it's late, but your statement is a tad inaccurate. You see, NBA playoff series are a maximum of 7 games, so when the Celtics inevitably win, even if the they sweep each opponent, they will have played 16 extra games  ;D

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 01:24:33 AM »

Offline Rhyso

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37
The best thing will be if a quality free agent signs here because we made the playoffs. Similar player to the Lance Stephenson signing with Charlotte last year after they made the playoffs (although that hasn't worked out so far!).

I'm looking at Monroe, Middleton, Tobias Harris etc quality players.

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2015, 04:15:30 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

PhoSita, I know it's late, but your statement is a tad inaccurate. You see, NBA playoff series are a maximum of 7 games, so when the Celtics inevitably win, even if the they sweep each opponent, they will have played 16 extra games  ;D

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2015, 04:37:27 AM »

Offline MasterEmile

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 46
I would really like to see it in the playoffs, when teams actually start game planing for him. (Someone had this conversation on the main page yesterday)
As for Smart, I would like to see his advertised intensity when the games actually matter, I mean the guy already plays his heart out every game so it must be really fun to see him in a playoff series series.

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2015, 06:17:31 AM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
The best thing will be if a quality free agent signs here because we made the playoffs. Similar player to the Lance Stephenson signing with Charlotte last year after they made the playoffs (although that hasn't worked out so far!).

I'm looking at Monroe, Middleton, Tobias Harris etc quality players.

I agree that this is important.

Making the playoffs with such a young squad helps create a culture of winning. The young guys who have worked their butts off all season will get a taste of the fruits of their labors. I think this will only make them work harder. In addition, prospective FAs will see the team as one that may be up and coming and more willing to sign here.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2015, 09:24:54 AM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
I think the impact playing in a playoff atmosphere has on young players is invaluable.  Games where every opposing player is giving their maximum focus, intensity, and effort establish a new standard for the level one has to play at to compete.  It affects not just the level of competition in those games, but also the way one prepares and practices after the fact.  If you want to develop a winning culture you have to have exposure to those kinds of games.

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2015, 09:33:28 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
More time to watch the team, I think a lot of that playoff experience earned will walk out the door the next two years.

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2015, 09:39:42 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I also think the extra practices that come with a playoff birth will be helpful for our younger players.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2015, 09:54:57 AM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
I also think the extra practices that come with a playoff birth will be helpful for our younger players.
Dang, great point!

TP
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2015, 09:56:09 AM »

Offline Shamrocker

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 69
Watching Brad Stevens coach circles around David Blatt.