Author Topic: Gauging interest for an "NBA Book Club"  (Read 1388 times)

Gauging interest for an "NBA Book Club"
« on: June 11, 2018, 12:31:29 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
Hey guys, I wanted to gauge the interest for starting an "NBA book club" in my area via meetup.com

What i had in mind was a club that would meet weekly during the NBA season to discuss both current NBA events and favorite plays/games/moments of the previous week. This would also include watch parties for major games/events (like the draft). Every once in a while, I thought it would be cool to re-watch some Hardwood Classic games and analyze them. Maybe at some point, it can grow enough to actually include road-tripping to watch an actual game in person.

Would you guys join this type of club if there was one in your area? What suggestions/changes would you make? Any and all ideas are greatly appreciated in advance.
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

Re: Gauging interest for an "NBA Book Club"
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 01:07:03 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
Definitely an interesting idea. What is your area?

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 01:27:12 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
Definitely an interesting idea. What is your area?

Currently in kansas city. Not the most nba fans, figured i start a club and let them come to me
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 06:04:25 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
yep, that's definitely a good idea, assumng you ve got enough ppl able to make good remarks/analysis.